PDA

View Full Version : Ork Predictions

Strangething
25-08-2007, 06:52
Time to place our bets on the upcoming Ork codex. I'm bettin' a toof on each o' these:

Almost Confirmed:
* Weirdboys are back
* The Shokk Attakk Gun is back
* Any mob can take a trukk

Strongly Rumored:
* New profile for basic orks, with s4, i3
* Choppa rule is gone
* Orks have furious charge
* There will be a mob in mega-armour

Shot in the dark:
* Shoota will be Assault 1
* No more Looted Vehicles
* There will be two new ork vehicles: a tank and an artillery piece (to fill the void of all that looted ordinance)

big squig
25-08-2007, 07:27
Time to place our bets on the upcoming Ork codex. I'm bettin' a toof on each o' these:

Strongly Rumored:
* New profile for basic orks, with s4, i3 - Strength 4 seems way to far fetched.
* Choppa rule is gone - prolly true
* Orks have furious charge - prolly true
* There will be a mob in mega-armour - prolly true, I'm guessing nob mob as an elite

Shot in the dark:
* Shoota will be Assault 1 - god I hope not.
* No more Looted Vehicles - please no
* There will be two new ork vehicles: a tank and an artillery piece (to fill the void of all that looted ordinance) - would be cool, bring back the gob smasher!
Also, we might be losing power of the waaaaagh.

Tehkonrad
25-08-2007, 07:32
shokk attack gun-wooooo!
weirdboyz-woooooo!
loss of power of the waaaagh- not so woooo!

dybbukdude
25-08-2007, 07:42
its a gooda wierdboy iz komin bak to bust and bash da (not supposed to be abbreviation of dark angels) mind of dem humies
no waaaagh- nooooooo
no looted vehicles- no more deathskulls, no more... dodger fans!!! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Jayden63
25-08-2007, 08:12
I love my orks, but seriously I think this new codex will put them into the same power level as well... umm.. orks.

All units can take transports: So what if they are still AV 10 open topped death traps.
Shokk attack gun: With the exception of the nastalgic feeling you get for saying its name, we have no idea what it does. It could be another multi-melta. Heavy weapon, stupidly short range.
Shootas assault 1: I'd rather have them keep rapid fire, at least when you get close you can get more shots in. Assault 2 or don't even bring it to the table.

Seriously what the hell good are single shot guns on a BS 2 model. So they have to either up the BS (people will complain) or put out more shots. The latter seems to be the way codexs are going now-a-days. An armor class of 6 is useless, its worse then usless actually because it gives you false hope. The only thing that would work is if the KKF comes back and it has its save increased to a 4+. There are just way to many high rate of fire guns in the hands of BS 3 or 4 models. Orks will just get mowed down (like always).

Things need to radically change for the orks. Even a larger change than chaos suffered (but going in the other direction) for them to be competitive again.

Panic
25-08-2007, 08:13
Weirdboyz are awesome.

I 'think' the Ork Boy models will stay the same except with a few more accessory kits like the Space Marine one or how about plastic Nobz? :D

Clang
25-08-2007, 08:47
no looted weapons would be a real shame, but considering the rules and options 'simplifications' in recent codexes, I now fear that may indeed happen - or alternatively we'll get a very limited specific list of lootable stuff

big squig
25-08-2007, 10:18
Just so people know, on GW's release list, loota boys are listed. So we know they arn't getting rid of them. I would imagine that if we can still loot heavy bolters and lascannons, we can still loot leman russ's as well.

superknijn
25-08-2007, 10:32
Ah well, the tank will probably be a looted/scavenged tank anyway. and if you want to, you could always use 'counts as'.

dcikgyurt
25-08-2007, 10:36
So far the only rumour I've heard is that wierd boys and shock attack guns are coming back. So I can (sort of) validate those rumours, as for the others; We'll just have to wait and see. I hope they don't change Orks too much though. As much as they need a codex (you guys have been waiting long enough) I think that there is very little that needs changing. I'm just worried hat they'll change too much and Orks will lose their appeal. It's not like they're a power-gamers army.

Kyuss
25-08-2007, 11:04
To be honest, after playing four years with them down my local club, you don't need an awful lot to change for them to become competative.

* Being able to take a mob (Edit: Sorry, a shoota/slugga mob, hence scrapping Trukk boyz as a seperate unit) 10 models or less in a trukk would be useful. I think the trukk's fragility balances this out.

* Extending the 'Waagh' powers. Re-rolls for shoota's hits if passed? The only think Orks really need is a way of pressurising the enemy into cover/stop shooting at them. Either this or making the Shoota an assualt 24" weapon. That sounds horrendous over powered, but not with BS 2. Either way, Shoota boyz should then go up a point.

* Perhaps (and only perhaps), reduced costings for elites . I have a funny feeling that Scar boyz may become an upgrade for squads, but Ard boyz and Flash gitz need a couple points chopped off. I think Kommandos are balanced, but Storm boyz need a good points drop. 12pts for a Storm Boy anyone?

I think the current list is very good a 'Gorka', it just needs a boost to its 'Morka'. There's only so much you can do with Lobba's!

However, it would be good to seem some more random choices coming back into the list ala Weird Boyz and Shokk attack. I still love the breakdown rule for looted vehicles, despite it costing me the tank itself on several occasions!

Orks for ta win! ;)

Kyuss

Colonial Rifle
25-08-2007, 11:07
I thought we were pretty sure that Orks can still loot vehicles (just they can't do skimmers). Personally, I'd like an ork VDR unit, which you could make all sorts of gun wagons with (mind you, that sounds far too complicated for the current Jervis Crusade).

As Phil Kelly has written the book, I think it will be fairly well balanced and fluffy over all, but with 1 or 2 outrageously overpowered units that are virtually indestructable and/or undercosted (ala Falcons, Gunfex or Harliequins). From the rumours this might be lootas - they will probably have rending big shootas!

Satone
25-08-2007, 12:59
i`m thinking no more retinues which will probably mean nobs mobs will move into elites

Ravenous
25-08-2007, 13:14
Almost Confirmed:
* Weirdboys are back
* The Shokk Attakk Gun is back
* Any mob can take a trukk

Wierdboys and the shokk attack gun are CONFIRMED as per the release schedule that got yoinked from GW. So far everything on that list is right.

Strongly Rumored:
* New profile for basic orks, with s4, i3
* Choppa rule is gone
* Orks have furious charge
* There will be a mob in mega-armour

- S3 still and apparently I2 still
- Shoota and slugga boyz have the same profile and they are 7pts a peice (it is possible that they come with frag and krak grenades, a shoota, a slugga and a close combat weapon)
-Waaggh! checks work like furious charge
- Yep a elite unit that can be mega armour

Shot in the dark:
* Shoota will be Assault 1
* No more Looted Vehicles
* There will be two new ork vehicles: a tank and an artillery piece (to fill the void of all that looted ordinance)

Looted vehicles are still in there but work like this:
Step 1: Chose vehicle chassie (sp?)
Step 2: Choose weapons

For example you can have a landraider with a battlecannon. Pricey I bet but totally orky.

And just a list of other rumours to tack on to this
- Waagh! banner gives your army scout
- according to phil kelly grots and orks foot sloggin it will be extremely good.

IAMNOTHERE
25-08-2007, 14:26
Will that scout move apply to bikers and stormboyz?

PPPPPPLLLLLLLLEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEEEE!!!

Captain Micha
25-08-2007, 14:32
I predict that even while releasing minis, they will simply squat orks and de

Gensuke626
26-08-2007, 01:07
I predict that even while releasing minis, they will simply squat orks and de

DE, Maybe, but not the Orks...Orks are too integral to the 40k 'verse's iconography...

Heck they just started a Tournament circuit called the 'Ard Boyz Tournaments

max the dog
26-08-2007, 02:43
Looted vehicles are still in there but work like this:
Step 1: Chose vehicle chassie (sp?)
Step 2: Choose weapons

For example you can have a landraider with a battlecannon. Pricey I bet but totally orky.

That sounds like an awesome concept but how would it work? Is GW going to start selling upgrade sprue's to "orkify" an existing vehicle? If so then I love the idea even more. I can just imagine an entire mech ork army driving up the field and disgorging it's mobs.

Ravenous
26-08-2007, 02:50
I imagine they would stick with the same system as now,

if you want the bit, order the bit.

Tulun
26-08-2007, 03:04
I'm seriously curious what they'll do to the Ork list; Orks were always an interesting list (Speed Freeks were pretty boring, basic list was always fun to see).

I think that trukk thing for the troops will be a death trap, unless they get the current Trukk Boy rules (which I'd doubt...). It would at least give them a chance to live from a popped Trukk.

Ghudra
26-08-2007, 05:13
*sigh*

Where's my Traktor Kannon!? :p

Hop-Splats anyone?

dybbukdude
26-08-2007, 06:22
great so deathkulls live!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!!!!!