PDA

View Full Version : Ad-mech Inquistors?

Tehkonrad
25-08-2007, 06:52
i was just wondering about if the Ad-mech had any Inquisitors/Inquisitor equivalents?

Arcanus
25-08-2007, 07:01
i was just wondering about if the Ad-mech had any Inquisitors/Inquisitor equivalents?

I don't think so but, maybe they use their priests in rare occasions as inquisitor-like operatives.

Khaine's Messenger
25-08-2007, 07:11

In the sense that there is an internal organization devoted to "auditing" the actions of other tech priests? Yes, such an organization has been claimed to exist; one of the characters from Dark Adeptus makes a hand-wavey mention of it. However, they are not exactly in possession of the same sweeping authorities that Imperial Inquisitors possess.

Mechanicus
25-08-2007, 08:33
They're the Adeptus Mechanicus Collegiate Extremis, mentioned in the Necron Codex. They seem to have trials for suspects in order to find the truth. Think of a mix between the Inquisition and the Arbites.

schoon
26-08-2007, 02:26
Does the Adeptus Mechanicus have an internal organizarion dedicated to rooting out heresy and corruption?

I would say almost certainly.

Do we really know anything about it?

Not really. Sadly, there are many (very interesting) aspects of the Adeptus Mechanicus that have not - as of yet - been explored. I think that the upcoming 40KRP may shed light on many non-combative aspects of the 40K universe.

Arcanus
26-08-2007, 05:29
Does the Adeptus Mechanicus have an internal organizarion dedicated to rooting out heresy and corruption?

I would say almost certainly.

Do we really know anything about it?

Not really. Sadly, there are many (very interesting) aspects of the Adeptus Mechanicus that have not - as of yet - been explored. I think that the upcoming 40KRP may shed light on many non-combative aspects of the 40K universe.

Yeah hopefully Dark Heresy will shed some light on all the secrets of the Adeptus Mechanicus and such. I'm not expecting a lot from Dark Heresy though because it could be terrible.

Flame Boy
26-08-2007, 10:54
I seem to remember hearing about the internal policing of the Adeptus Mechanicus from somewhere, probably one of the sources already mentioned. Remember that the Inquisitor game included a character called Hieronomus Tezla was part of un underground sect called the Xenarites that encourage utilisation and study of xenos artifacts more than the mainstream Mechanicus is comfortable with. They are driven underground by their peers, but someone has to apply that pressure in the first place for them to feel compelled to go into hiding.

One has to remember that the Adeptus Mechanicus are so secretive they even resist the Inquisition when they have business in Adeptus Mechanicus matters. They must believe they have control over their own sphere if they won't let the inquisition in, regardless of their inherently secretive, paranoid personalities.

IronWarsmith91
24-09-2007, 14:17
The Ad-Mech probably do have an inquisition. However, I'm pretty sure internal policing is done by the Magos. It's certain that they have their own varieties of the Ordo Malleus and Ordo Xenos (with a lot more firepower), because the quest for knowledge surely involves bulldozing a lot of Alien races that stand in the path. As for a version of the Ordo Hereticus, I'm not sure. Certainly they must so that they prevent their agents turning to Dark Mechanicus (the chaos version of the Ad-Mech)

Dakkagor
24-09-2007, 14:39
The admech seem very interested in techno-heresy, so I imagine they have their own investigative branch. Techno-Xeno-philia and the use fo daemons and technology are the admechs own unique brands of deviant thinknig, after all.

precinctomega
24-09-2007, 15:21
Dark Heresy will be awesome. But it's still unlikely to answer this question.

Mechanicus is correct that there has been at least one reference to the Collegiate Extremis (or possibly Collegium Extremis) that implies that this is some sort of supervisory/internal affairs organization.

R.

ctsteel
24-09-2007, 22:45
the magos and similar ranks have similar powers to an inquisitor, within the admech itself. though (like with inquisitors) another magos might tell the first to mind his own business if he was poking around in the second's affairs too much.

as for monitoring heresy etc - perhaps they have all admech personnel install Mechanicum Anti-Virus/Heresywall 40000 into their brains? ;)

Khaine's Messenger
25-09-2007, 00:11
Eh. The puritens surgery aka the Rite of Pure Thought (iirc those are the terms) is not universally accepted within the ranks of the Tech Priests despite the opinions of outsiders. Although heresy-sniffers, impure thought kill-switches, or other methods seem to show up from time to time. They're hardly sure-fire, though...there have been a few Tech Priests who became hopeless sociopaths after their "upgrade."

I mean, I know it was a joke, but this is the Imperium, the AdMech in particular, so yeah, they're one step ahead of you on the "heresy firewalls".... ;)

ctsteel
25-09-2007, 10:26
they also have tech-assassins they can call upon for elimination work of undesired elements (or perhaps just rivals?)

even being mostly machine can't get you away from politics....

Mechanicus
25-09-2007, 15:49
the magos and similar ranks have similar powers to an inquisitor, within the admech itself. though (like with inquisitors) another magos might tell the first to mind his own business if he was poking around in the second's affairs too much.I don't think that's the case. As far as I know, Magi infighting is a common occurance, even to the extent of killing each other; and they'd be all right if the Collegiate Extremis didn't catch them; but I don't think I've read anything about them having powers equivalent to an Inquisitor within the Mechanicus, especially since there are many ranks above Magos, and they would not like it! ;)

even being mostly machine can't get you away from politics....Very true! :D That's one of the reasons I love the Mechanicus...

Vaulkhar
25-09-2007, 15:56
In theory, a Magos with the authority of the Fabricator General could take on similar roles and powers to an Inquisitor within the AdMech.

How far he got before he had a tragic 'freak accident' with a loading servitor and a plasma reactor is another matter entirely.

Progena
25-09-2007, 17:06
+++We are the Collegiate Extremis. Resistance is illogical.+++

:chrome:

You've gotta love the Adeptus Mechanicus. Talking sence to a Magi is like trying to convince your computer that it is, in fact, mistaken.