PDA

View Full Version : are battle sisters chaste?

Tehkonrad
25-08-2007, 07:02
well are they?

jma037
25-08-2007, 07:12
No they are not. At least in my head they are not...
I, the charismatic inquisitor. Three battle sisters mesmerized by my devotion to the Emperor...Alone we found ourselves on a desolate planet with no means of escape...Oh did not the Emperor charge us with the sacred task of populating the universe and claim it for the Imperium of man? The battle sisters agrees my sentiment with a knowing look in their eyes. No need for such cumbersome armour, I said to them, there are no threats here... They agrees and takes of their suits of armour....their muscular arms tuned and perfect...

To be continued...

Arcanus
25-08-2007, 07:22
I would believe they are chaste because they are the futuristic equivilent of nuns and because they were originally called the brides of the Emperor and I doubt they Emperor would allow anyone to fool around with his wife.

The pestilent 1
25-08-2007, 08:11
Could explain why they are so angry though?

Arcanus
25-08-2007, 08:13
Could explain why they are so angry though?

Because they are fighting the foes of the Emperor who they love like a father but more. That's why they are angry.

monkey child
25-08-2007, 08:17
Well they did serve in a some what un pg 13 way during vandires reign nudge nudge;). Having said that I could see them distancing themselves from that time by giving up pleasures of the flesh. IMO certainly battle sisters would be either made sterile to prevent pregnancy or take vows of chastity, but other orders? surely its in the imperiums interest for citizens to have as many off spring as possible ( plentyfull troops/scribes/workers) so why not have its sisters preach this message.

Arcanus
25-08-2007, 08:21
Well they did serve in a some what un pg 13 way during vandires reign nudge nudge;). Having said that I could see them distancing themselves from that time by giving up pleasures of the flesh. IMO certainly battle sisters would be either made sterile to prevent pregnancy or take vows of chastity, but other orders? surely its in the imperiums interest for citizens to have as many off spring as possible ( plentyfull troops/scribes/workers) so why not have its sisters preach this message.

Well if they let the other Ordos have children the Ordo Militant would say hey that's not fair and all that.

monkey child
25-08-2007, 08:27
Well if they let the other Ordos have children the Ordo Militant would say hey that's not fair and all that.

They had the choice, power armor and boltguns or the animal with two backs. Silly silly girls. They got conned with all the ceramite accessorising they were told they could do.

Adra
25-08-2007, 08:36
Most likely they take vows of chastity but i guess it could depend on the traditions of their Order. With holy zeal in their hearts and their destiny set to a higher purpose i guess simple sexual pleasure does not really seem that important. The Emperor is best served without distractions :)

They chose big guns, armour and a life of penance and violence over men....i know a few girls who would say that wasnt such a bad deal.... ;)

Gdolkin
25-08-2007, 09:28
It's the stern librarian/secretary/headmistress haircuts isn't it..
Not many men could impress a Battle Sister, and they see Marines as abhuman..
There's been a few threads about the birds n bees lately, must be summer.

nazrag
25-08-2007, 09:45
No they are not. At least in my head they are not...

To be continued...

almost fell off my chair at this one! :D

precinctomega
25-08-2007, 12:32
In "Daemonifuge", one of the sisters is found to carrying a token of affection from a member of the Navis Nobilite. Aside from the fact that she was also seen to be secretly bearing the mark of Slaanesh, the association appears to have been illicit.

The_Patriot
25-08-2007, 12:47
Yes, they're chaste and Slaanesh loves to corrupt Sisters using the flesh. The only thing they think about is serving the Emperor as His voice and His will. To get a good idea on their mindset I suggest you read Faith and Fire since it's all about the Sisters.

Captain Micha
25-08-2007, 12:54
I'd assume so, but then again who knows.

maybe it just takes -alot- to impress them *L* like being a heroic senior officer who's never lost a battle maybe

MrBigMr
25-08-2007, 13:00
I would believe they are chaste because they are the futuristic equivilent of nuns
I think it depends. I mean while the Imperium might be a sort of take on the medieval Europe and Christianity, it still might be different. I mean the Imperium has no problem with half naked people (repentias, etc.) and pointing out the feminin features of the Sororitas on their armor (I don't remember seeing real life kevlar vests with cup sizes.

Chastity is something that is quite common in many religions, but I don't think it's something overly pious even in the Imperium. There are stories of deviant sexual behaviour even among the loyal Imperial ranks. Like the story about the Inquisitor(?) who had to "cleanse" the assassin who took the form of an Eldar (the ones who can morph). Cleansing of course meaning tapping that ass.

So I myself believe that while the front might be about keeping up chastity and all that purity crap, deep down you and me baby are nothing but mammals so lets do it like they do it on the animal cannel. But hell, that's my answer to everything. Even when the creatures aren't mammals.

It's the stern librarian/secretary/headmistress haircuts isn't it..
No, it's the boobs.

Not many men could impress a Battle Sister, and they see Marines as abhuman..
Screw men (no pun intended, honest), all they need are some props.

Ktotwf
25-08-2007, 13:00
Aren't there some members of the Bene Gesserit...errr I mean Adepta Sororitas who were specifically trained to be concubines to higher ups in the Imperial government?

The_Patriot
25-08-2007, 13:20
Aren't there some members of the Bene Gesserit...errr I mean Adepta Sororitas who were specifically trained to be concubines to higher ups in the Imperial government?

That was during Vandire's tenure and Thor reformed them where they dropped that.

Bassik
25-08-2007, 18:13
So the nuns with guns are chaste? See, this is why people turn to Slaanesh. Way to go, Imperium of Man.

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
25-08-2007, 18:19
I've seen a lot of nerdy guy geek talk on this website, but this has to be the worst. Seriously, turn off the computer, go outside, and spend some time with real people before it's too late.

Aphex Geek
25-08-2007, 18:23
Of course they're chaste...

catching one is another matter entirely ;):p:D

Vesica
25-08-2007, 18:28
I've seen a lot of nerdy guy geek talk on this website, but this has to be the worst. Seriously, turn off the computer, go outside, and spend some time with real people before it's too late.

lol, i was about to ask what brought about this topic

CELS
25-08-2007, 18:37
The sad thing is that this isn't even the first time it's discussed... not even close... *sigh*

Vesica
25-08-2007, 18:42
Why doesnt that surprise me, i suppose its better than somebody asking something worse.

Arcanus
25-08-2007, 18:43
The sad thing is that this isn't even the first time it's discussed... not even close... *sigh*

Yeah, but this still isn't as ridiculous as some of the questions floating around about Space Marines a while back.

Vesica
25-08-2007, 18:48
O god if i think i remeber what you are on about.

Arcanus
25-08-2007, 18:52
O god if i think i remeber what you are on about.

Yeah that thread was closed but that thread was vile at best.

MrBigMr
25-08-2007, 19:34
I'm not interested (just) because I'm a nolifer, but because I'm seriously interested. Knowledge like that have some value on understanding the world. Many don't want/need to know it, but I'm always interested on more off the table information on the world. Gives some aid on making fluff and stuff. Having this star trek "we don't even have toilets" clean image is more than deceiving.

I like realism, the down and dirty stuff (no, not like that ya pervs). I do like to know how marines poop inside their suits, I am interested on personal relations of the Tau, surely Slaanesh is more than just whips and chains, etc. I am interested on things like that, they give better understanding of things even if they have no effect on the game itself, but if GW has taken the time on making up all that stuff, why can't we know more about them?

"Lets make this aliens race with different social classes, one of them being the warriors. Lets make all nifty soldier stuff on the warriors."
"What about the 4 other classes?"
"Who cares, just make something up and slap them on there in the background. No one cares anyways, they don't have models."

Vesica
25-08-2007, 19:46
true you have good noble reasons for asking, but you had to have known it would get corrupted and tainted lol.

there is only 1 option left......we need to PURGE the topic.

Bassik
25-08-2007, 21:58
Come on man, its not like people get aroused by the idea (I hope) its good clean puberal humour (or do you prefer humor?) that is suited for absoluteley nobody, and allways gets a lot of cheap laughs.

I like it.:p

MrBigMr
25-08-2007, 22:15
true you have good noble reasons for asking, but you had to have known it would get corrupted and tainted lol.
Don't think too high of me. I've managed to get children to cry with my amazing nakedness. Besides, if you'd ever read any of the stuff I use all this knowledge I gather, it's far from noble.

Hell, I have a Sororita in a Slaanesh army as the sorserer. But don't get too worked up by the idea, she ain't screwing around. She can't she's damaged goods. On top of being pretty insane.

there is only 1 option left......we need to PURGE the topic.
Kill the thread, burn the posters, purge the topic.

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
25-08-2007, 22:21
Kill the thread, burn the posters, purge the topic.

Aw crap, I'm dead.

ctsteel
25-08-2007, 22:53
to go back to one of the earlier background points in this thread about whether they would be allowed to have families - I don't think it would be something that would concern them, mainly because the majority of the sisters are orphans or are surrendered/sent to the orders at a very young age, thus all they have ever known of family is that of their sisters around them, and their worship of the emperor.

When that is all you've known, what interest is there in raising a child of your own? You (likely) don't have any fond warm memories of what it's like being a child with a mum and dad, nor were you around other families to experience it from the outside, so I doubt they'd even have the slightest interest in such matters.

Those kind of feelings/thoughts have been replaced with faith in the emperor and righteous disgust with those that cannot live up to their ideals. Fanatics of that ilk see no need for families or children as it would dilute their purity.

Arcanus
25-08-2007, 22:53
I'm not interested (just) because I'm a nolifer, but because I'm seriously interested. Knowledge like that have some value on understanding the world. Many don't want/need to know it, but I'm always interested on more off the table information on the world. Gives some aid on making fluff and stuff. Having this star trek "we don't even have toilets" clean image is more than deceiving.

I like realism, the down and dirty stuff (no, not like that ya pervs). I do like to know how marines poop inside their suits, I am interested on personal relations of the Tau, surely Slaanesh is more than just whips and chains, etc. I am interested on things like that, they give better understanding of things even if they have no effect on the game itself, but if GW has taken the time on making up all that stuff, why can't we know more about them?

"Lets make this aliens race with different social classes, one of them being the warriors. Lets make all nifty soldier stuff on the warriors."
"What about the 4 other classes?"
"Who cares, just make something up and slap them on there in the background. No one cares anyways, they don't have models."

Wait, so you just want this thread to speculate about the lives of the Sorritas. You should just make a different thread with a titles that won't attract perverts.

Luthien
25-08-2007, 22:57
You think this is bad, anyone remember the half eldar thread, oh boy :p:rolleyes::D

Arcanus
25-08-2007, 23:04
You think this is bad, anyone remember the half eldar thread, oh boy :p:rolleyes::D

Yeah but this thread is walking down that path. In a couple pages I could see this turning into every Wednesday night the Sister go out with the Space Marines and make babies" or some crap and MrBigMr said he would like to do speculation but serious speculation and this thread isn't the right kind of thread for it some I stand by my point of just make a new thread.

Luthien
25-08-2007, 23:09
Fair enough but sooner or later a thread like this will pop up again, it's like the missing primarch or 40k and fantasy are connected in some way threads

Arcanus
25-08-2007, 23:24
Fair enough but sooner or later a thread like this will pop up again, it's like the missing primarch or 40k and fantasy are connected in some way threads

Yeah but if you make a serious thread about it then you'd repel all the people being perverts because it's serious now this thread was a joke from the begining (I hope) so there's no chance of getting it on track but if you make a serious thread and the first page or so is all of serious comments most people acting in a perverted way would think twice before posting.

MrBigMr
25-08-2007, 23:29
Wait, so you just want this thread to speculate about the lives of the Sorritas. You should just make a different thread with a titles that won't attract perverts.
I'm interested on everything and I tend to make threads when I need the info, but for now I'll stick to seeing where this one goes.

*tries to look like he had nothing to do with it*
But hey, at least those dudes have 200% more official fluff (Ultramarines master astropath and a special character in Necromunda) behind them than female marines and all those things. I'm even thinking of making an army of half-Eldar.

Yeah but this thread is walking down that path. In a couple pages I could see this turning into every Wednesday night the Sister go out with the Space Marines and make babies" or some crap and MrBigMr said he would like to do speculation but serious speculation and this thread isn't the right kind of thread for it some I stand by my point of just make a new thread.

Show me a thread that hasn't gone south at any point and I shall crown you a king of the internets.
Disclaimer: Results of crowning may vary. May not contain any actual crowning or internets.

And did I realy say I wanted serious speculation? I guess I did then. Anyways, I'm not trying to force people into anything. If this thread craps out (and I don't get kickbanned) I or someone else can always return to the subject on a later date.

I just like to think seriously about things no matter how silly. When it comes to GW fluff, any theory goes. What do we know? 99% of the fluff is just 'Imperial speculation'. Nothing is certain. No wonder we get all the "Sigmar is a primarch", "Snotlings are Old Ones", "Admech worships the Void Dragon" and "Eldar Avatar is living metal" theories popping out from under out tin foil hats.

Lets let all the flowers bloom, even the ugly ones, because when we start weeding things, sooner or later you might find yourself in the receiving end.

Arcanus
25-08-2007, 23:39
I'm interested on everything and I tend to make threads when I need the info, but for now I'll stick to seeing where this one goes.

*tries to look like he had nothing to do with it*
But hey, at least those dudes have 200% more official fluff (Ultramarines master astropath and a special character in Necromunda) behind them than female marines and all those things. I'm even thinking of making an army of half-Eldar.

Show me a thread that hasn't gone south at any point and I shall crown you a king of the internets.
Disclaimer: Results of crowning may vary. May not contain any actual crowning or internets.

And did I realy say I wanted serious speculation? I guess I did then. Anyways, I'm not trying to force people into anything. If this thread craps out (and I don't get kickbanned) I or someone else can always return to the subject on a later date.

I just like to think seriously about things no matter how silly. When it comes to GW fluff, any theory goes. What do we know? 99% of the fluff is just 'Imperial speculation'. Nothing is certain. No wonder we get all the "Sigmar is a primarch", "Snotlings are Old Ones", "Admech worships the Void Dragon" and "Eldar Avatar is living metal" theories popping out from under out tin foil hats.

Lets let all the flowers bloom, even the ugly ones, because when we start weeding things, sooner or later you might find yourself in the receiving end.

Well I think this thread was south to begin with but the fluff part is true. I mean tommorow GW could say anything and it would go down as fact in the 40th millenium. They could the Tau are what happens when the Eldar and Orks interbreed and what not. I still say we should just take a flamer to this garden though.

Tanith Ghost
26-08-2007, 00:12
The Orders militant I think would be chaste as can be. If only for disipline's sake. The non-militants though, maybe not so much.

A hospitaller taking a liking to a guard patient for example. Or a diolougous being saved from a cultist by an archive guard with a quick trigger finger.

You would also get a sense of close friendship with some of the more pious marines and the less so militants, but only individual cases, under extrodanary
circumstances, and not much more than that(a Black templar neophyte and a battle sister lost in the underworks of an armageddon hive manage to fend off a few mobs of orks. Though initialy mistrustful they trust eachother fully after saving eachothers lives a few times. When retrived, the sister recomends the neophyte for promotion, and the neophyte gives her one of his astartes purity seals*).

*purity seals, in my mind are diferent depending on who wrote them

Mott
26-08-2007, 00:34
Their female bodybuilders covered in scars with male monkesque haircuts. Would anyone want a peice of that. Honestly.

Besides their nuns. In space. Period. .

And this is a stupid topic forgive me for posting on it.

And JMA needs to get some action. Right now.

MrBigMr
26-08-2007, 00:59
Their female bodybuilders covered in scars with male monkesque haircuts. Would anyone want a peice of that. Honestly.
Just because they're fit doesn't make them bodybuilders. Take a tour of duty in the army with women and you tell me how many butch bodybuilders you find. I didn't see any.

And apart from repentias I haven't seen any weird haircuts on Sisters. So they might not have long hair down to their hips, but they're far from military buzzcuts. And I do like women with shorter hair. And what's wrong with scars? Everyone has them. I wouldn't mind a woman with scars.

The problem is that you're too picky, my friend.

Besides their nuns. In space. Period. .
Does that read somewhere officially? Must have missed that bit on GW's site.
That's like saying the Eldar are space elves. Period. So the Sororitas are a military order of women who fight in the name of the Emperor. Apart from religious connections the Sororitas are far more like the Hitler Jugent (there, finally got the nazi card out, thank you Godwyn's Law) than some nuns. Take some kids, reprogram them to worship the image of the Emperor and march them down the line.

Tehkonrad
26-08-2007, 04:35
Oh crap, i shouldn't have started this topic
i forgot that warseers pervet population are currently in there 'man i wish was breeding' season

Arcanus
26-08-2007, 04:48
Oh crap, i shouldn't have started this topic
i forgot that warseers pervet population are currently in there 'man i wish was breeding' season

Yeah, but you shouldn't of even started this topic in the first place.

Tanith Ghost
26-08-2007, 05:22
So why did you post here then, spamalot?

MrBigmr has the right idea, this can be a good thread.

Some of us really want to discuss such backround, and use it for story ideas.
If you don't like it don't post. Dead simple.

As I mentioned before, I can't see the militan orders as anything but, due to disipile issues and combat duty. The non militants could well not be as much nuns as the bolter weilders.

As I mentioned, a hospitaller growing attached to one of her patients. They drag a guardsman in, and he's on death's doorstep from a bioacid wound.
But the hospitaller manages to save him anyway. Meanwhile, as the battle lines shift forward, a tyranid lictor gets into the medicae facility and attacks.
It goes to gut the hospitaller, but the guardsman stops it by shooting it down with his melta, risking his own life to do so.

Or a diolougus being accosted in her archives, only to be rescued by a guard, and with the enemy still roaming the area, have to go with him to friendly lines. Through territory crawling with foes. Even a guardsman would be a
brute of incredible power to an archivist who's never even heard weaponfire before.

Arcanus
26-08-2007, 06:40
So why did you post here then, spamalot?

Some of us really want to discuss such backround, and use it for story ideas.
If you don't like it don't post. Dead simple.

Well I was trying to salvage the thread but, the thing is these topics are almost impossible to be done seriously because there will also be the immature person saying stupid things. And honestly while it is never directly said by GW it seems like the Sisters of Battle practice chastity or at least thats what I picked up from the fluff.

Vaktathi
26-08-2007, 06:54
honestly, I don't think there is too much official fluff from GW or Black Library to justify either stance on this issue, and I'm guessing that the true answer could be variable depending on rank, location, ecclisiarchal trends, trends within individual orders, time, strategic and local military situations, inquisitorial issues/events/trends, etc...

basically, we dont know, I think GW wants to keep it that way.

Arcanus
26-08-2007, 07:03
honestly, I don't think there is too much official fluff from GW or Black Library to justify either stance on this issue, and I'm guessing that the true answer could be variable depending on rank, location, ecclisiarchal trends, trends within individual orders, time, strategic and local military situations, inquisitorial issues/events/trends, etc...

Well I think GW would side on the chaste side of the arguement because they don't want fanfics about the Battle Sister's extracurricular activities.

Vaktathi
26-08-2007, 07:10
Well I think GW would side on the chaste side of the arguement because they don't want fanfics about the Battle Sister's extracurricular activities.

but thats half of what drives Witch Hunter sales...;)

Arcanus
26-08-2007, 07:27
but thats half of what drives Witch Hunter sales...;)

I hope your joking because I doubt most people choose to play witchhunters because they have female models if so all the other WH players need to get a life ... seriously

apaosha
26-08-2007, 07:34
Arcanus, you need to quit camping the thread and let it return to its topic, rather than a debate about whether or not YOU think its tasteful. Its boring me, man.

Personally, if somebody wants to have fantasies about some psychotic space-nun in robot armour and holding a huge gun - I say more power to 'em.

*points finger*

Prude!

Arcanus
26-08-2007, 07:37
Arcanus, you need to quit camping the thread and let it return to its topic, rather than a debate about whether or not YOU think its tasteful. Its boring me, man.

Personally, if somebody wants to have fantasies about some psychotic space-nun in robot armour and holding a huge gun - I say more power to 'em.

*points finger*

Prude!

I was actually keeping this thread on track somewhat but I am a staunch defender of the Battle Sister's chastity. Also on a sidenote, why do you think I'm prude?

apaosha
26-08-2007, 07:45
If you really feel so strongly about it, then you could've just posted one remark to the effect "you're all sexually frustrated virgin pervs! LOL!" or reported it, instead of derailing the thread for the last page or so (which is what we're doing now :rolleyes: ).

I suspect these last few posts are gonna get deleted at some point ....

Vaktathi
26-08-2007, 07:48
I was actually keeping this thread on track somewhat but I am a staunch defender of the Battle Sister's chastity.

But where does such a position come from given the lack of material present for such a conclusion from either perspective from any official source? GW simply has never touched on the subject and likely never will, and as such there really isnt any basis for forming an opinion one way or another unless you just write it into the fluff of your own WH army.

Arcanus
26-08-2007, 07:52
If you really feel so strongly about it, then you could've just posted one remark to the effect "you're all sexually frustrated virgin pervs! LOL!" or reported it, instead of derailing the thread for the last page or so (which is what we're doing now :rolleyes: ).

I suspect these last few posts are gonna get deleted at some point ....

Well I would have but MrBigMr would like to use this thread seriously so I wouldn't want to deprive him of a thread. Also, you calling me a prude because I am on the chatse side of the arguement would be like me calling you a pervert because you believe the Sisters don't practice chastity.

apaosha
26-08-2007, 07:55
Well I would have but MrBigMr would like to use this thread seriously so I wouldn't want to deprive him of a thread. Also, you calling me a prude because I am on the chatse side of the arguement would be like me calling you a pervert because you believe the Sisters don't practice chastity.

I didn't say that. I fall in with the notion that some do, some don't, depending upon circumstances.

*shrugs*

But then I do play EC ....

The_Patriot
26-08-2007, 08:19

In Faith and Fire, the daily lives of the Sororitas is spent in prayer, training, and patrols or their normal duties in the other Orders. Not a hint of any attraction with members of the opposite/same sex in the entire book.

In Daemonifuge, it was a shock to the Sisters to find the token and the mark of Slaneesh on the dead Sister. Also the Daemonifuge didn't express any attraction to Silas or the other Inquisitor, even after they had been together for a long time. It supports the chaste theory quite well. In the CCG the fallen Sister was tempted by the flesh and fell into the service of Slaneesh.

Arcanus
26-08-2007, 08:20
I didn't say that. I fall in with the notion that some do, some don't, depending upon circumstances.

*shrugs*

Could you rephrase that because I'm having trouble understanding what your saying. It may be that I miss read the post because I am tired but, did you just say that you are on the chaste side of this arguement?

Arcanus
26-08-2007, 08:22
In Faith and Fire, the daily lives of the Sororitas is spent in prayer, training, and patrols or their normal duties in the other Orders. Not a hint of any attraction with members of the opposite/same sex in the entire book.

In Daemonifuge, it was a shock to the Sisters to find the token and the mark of Slaneesh on the dead Sister. Also the Daemonifuge didn't express any attraction to Silas or the other Inquisitor, even after they had been together for a long time. It supports the chaste theory quite well. In the CCG the fallen Sister was tempted by the flesh and fell into the service of Slaneesh.

So should that be taken as support to the chaste theory or is there a massive cover-up being done by GW to hide the wild side of the battle sisters.

apaosha
26-08-2007, 08:29
Could you rephrase that because I'm having trouble understanding what your saying. It may be that I miss read the post because I am tired but, did you just say that you are on the chaste side of this arguement?

*shrugs*

:eyebrows:

Arcanus
26-08-2007, 08:34
:eyebrows:

ok well that really didn't do it for me could you explain what your trying to say because I am having trouble understanding you still:(. I'm sorry about this it's just that I'm a little sleep deprived from staying up all night on Warseer.

The_Patriot
26-08-2007, 08:39
So should that be taken as support to the chaste theory or is there a massive cover-up being done by GW to hide the wild side of the battle sisters.

Yup and when they're not chaste they usually end up in the service of Slaneesh. :eek: Go figure right?

apaosha
26-08-2007, 08:43
ok well that really didn't do it for me could you explain what your trying to say because I am having trouble understanding you still:(. I'm sorry about this it's just that I'm a little sleep deprived from staying up all night on Warseer.

I think you want me to take sides on this one; I'm not going to. I don't see it as an area of the background that I have any strong opinions on.

I do find the pervos posts amusing though .... :o

Arcanus
26-08-2007, 08:44
Yup and when they're not chaste they usually end up in the service of Slaneesh. :eek: Go figure right?

Yeah, I hope they will make a Codex: Chaos Battle Sister, now that we have cracked the secret hidden by GW.

Arcanus
26-08-2007, 08:46
I think you want me to take sides on this one; I'm not going to. I don't see it as an area of the background that I have any strong opinions on.

I do find the pervos posts amusing though .... :o

Well don't we all. It makes you seem less perverted by comparision. Mentally it makes you say, "Well at least I'm not that bad."

apaosha
26-08-2007, 08:53
Well don't we all. It makes you see less perverted by comparision. Mentally it makes you say, "Well at least I'm not that bad."

:rofl: That's a way of looking at it, I suppose.

You're penis makes you evil! Put it away!

:eek::eyebrows::rolleyes::evilgrin:

The_Patriot
26-08-2007, 08:55
Yeah, I hope they will make a Codex: Chaos Battle Sister, now that we have cracked the secret hidden by GW.

Highly unlikely since there's been only one priory falling to Chaos and they were all killed by Chaos then there's the one Sister that's in the CCG and she's still alive. I don't see this as much proof that it happens regularly.

Arcanus
26-08-2007, 08:57
:rofl: That's a way of looking at it, I suppose.

You're penis makes you evil! Put it away!

:eek::eyebrows::rolleyes::evilgrin:

Yes, it does make you evil so please put it away.

MrBigMr
26-08-2007, 09:15
We can rebuild it, we have the technology. We can make it better, longer, more informative. And all it costs is 6 000 000 dollars (real ones, not canadian or australian), payable to me.

Well I was trying to salvage the thread but, the thing is these topics are almost impossible to be done seriously because there will also be the immature person saying stupid things.
"Sex is a joke in Heaven?"
"Seems like it's a joke down here too."
-Dogma

And honestly while it is never directly said by GW it seems like the Sisters of Battle practice chastity or at least thats what I picked up from the fluff.
Hell, GW fluff makes Slaanesh look like the Virgin Mary.

Yeah, because suddenly the Sisters are the only chicks in the universe and everyone wants to jump their bones. I don't care about the Sisters, my Slaanesh army gets busy very well with all the other women GW has overlooked.

I hope your joking because I doubt most people choose to play witchhunters because they have female models if so all the other WH players need to get a life ... seriously
Wooing after fictional women is like wooing after supermodels and such. Ya ain't getting either, but ya can always woo. And I'm currently making a Slaanesh Daemonic Legion for WHFB with no male models in sight. Boobs-ahoy.

In Daemon World no Slaanesh worshiper ever expressed any sexual attraction to anything. Doesn't prove much.

Also the Daemonifuge didn't express any attraction to Silas or the other Inquisitor, even after they had been together for a long time. It supports the chaste theory quite well.
So if I hang around with for a long time women and don't want to jump their bones, I'm chaste? Why can't they just be brothers (and sisters) in arms? Hollywood rules on two people of the opposite sex spending enough time together doesn't always apply in real world.

In the CCG the fallen Sister was tempted by the flesh and fell into the service of Slaneesh.
Here lies the seed of truth. Apart from all what I say, I do think the Sister are chaste to some extent, but that's not something infallible. You said it yourself, the Sister got tempted and fell, even with all the chastity crap. Same thing in Fire Warrior where a member of one caste was so attracted to the member of another caste that in his mind it would have been worth breaking the rules of intercaste relationships.

Just because the rules say "thou shallth not get busy" doesn't make it so. Like I said, I do believe the Sisters to be chaste, but to what extent? How well is it enforced? Is the armor welded shut to make a full body chastity belt? Do their doctors do routine inspections on them to see if there has been any sexual intercourse? What is the penalty of such behaviour? Do they get spanked or demoted to a Repentia/Penitent?

The_Patriot
26-08-2007, 09:19
Here lies the seed of truth. Apart from all what I say, I do think the Sister are chaste to some extent, but that's not something infallible. You said it yourself, the Sister got tempted and fell, even with all the chastity crap. Same thing in Fire Warrior where a member of one caste was so attracted to the member of another caste that in his mind it would have been worth breaking the rules of intercaste relationships.

Just because the rules say "thou shallth not get busy" doesn't make it so. Like I said, I do believe the Sisters to be chaste, but to what extent? How well is it enforced? Is the armor welded shut to make a full body chastity belt? Do their doctors do routine inspections on them to see if there has been any sexual intercourse? What is the penalty of such behaviour? Do they get spanked or demoted to a Repentia/Penitent?

In my opinion, it's strictly enforced. They would become Repentias and voluntarily ask for it. Those don't ask are used on the Penitent Engines in the vain hope that when they die they are redeemed.

Arcanus
26-08-2007, 09:27
In my opinion, it's strictly enforced. They would become Repentias and voluntarily ask for it. Those don't ask are used on the Penitent Engines in the vain hope that when they die they are redeemed.

Well aren't most Repentias Sisters that think that enjoyment is heresy and all that so they ask to be put into the Repentia squads for enjoying themselves.

The_Patriot
26-08-2007, 09:30
Well aren't most Repentias Sisters that think that enjoyment is heresy and all that so they ask to be put into the Repentia squads for enjoying themselves.

In Faith and Fire one of the main characters fails in her duty and requests it. The others that are in there violated some oath they took and are in the Repentias.

Arcanus
26-08-2007, 09:32
In Faith and Fire one of the main characters fails in her duty and requests it. The others that are in there violated some oath they took and are in the Repentias.

Would you think it's a mixture of both the ones who fail at their duties and the ones who see flaws in their ways or do you think there's more of one than the other?

MrBigMr
26-08-2007, 09:39
But then again that falls under if she thinks it's wrong (it's so wrong but it feels so good) and/or if she gets caught. And whether she can wiggle her way out of it. Like I said before, there's a bit where an Inquisitor 'purifies' an assasin morphed into an Eldar. So maybe the 'bad sister' can get purified herself as well. It's not as if stuff like that is unheard of in the real world either.

Flame Boy
26-08-2007, 10:28
I follow the line that the Battle Sisters are a primarily chaste organisation. What I'm not sure about, however, is what happens to a sister discovered to be carrying a child after any kind of rebellious incident? I am hard-pressed to decide what happens. The consequences are grave for the sister in question, but my personal interpretation would be the newborn would be sent to the Schola Progenium to be raised. After all, simply terminating the sister in one way or another would be wasteful, and we all know how callous and uncaring the Imperium can be, but perhaps in these situations the sister's superiors might not sent her straight out to "seek redemption". Mind you, considering how harshly treated the sororitas are for minor transgressions, I'd imagine it would be all but impossible to raise a baby up to the moment of birth with all the beatings and enforced fasting she would probably endure.

Hmm, this is a rather unpleasant train of thought, and I think it's a different approach than "lol, bewbs".

Nazguire
26-08-2007, 12:07
I follow the line that the Battle Sisters are a primarily chaste organisation. What I'm not sure about, however, is what happens to a sister discovered to be carrying a child after any kind of rebellious incident? I am hard-pressed to decide what happens. The consequences are grave for the sister in question, but my personal interpretation would be the newborn would be sent to the Schola Progenium to be raised. After all, simply terminating the sister in one way or another would be wasteful, and we all know how callous and uncaring the Imperium can be, but perhaps in these situations the sister's superiors might not sent her straight out to "seek redemption". Mind you, considering how harshly treated the sororitas are for minor transgressions, I'd imagine it would be all but impossible to raise a baby up to the moment of birth with all the beatings and enforced fasting she would probably endure.

Hmm, this is a rather unpleasant train of thought, and I think it's a different approach than "lol, bewbs".

I think that the Sister would be simply executed or thrown into the Repentia (after an abortion perhaps?) No sympathy, no mercy nothing. The Sisters are like that to anyone who has 'weakness' in the service of the Emperor, amongst their own number it'd be far worse.

MrBigMr
26-08-2007, 12:17
I think that the Sister would be simply executed or thrown into the Repentia (after an abortion perhaps?) No sympathy, no mercy nothing. The Sisters are like that to anyone who has 'weakness' in the service of the Emperor, amongst their own number it'd be far worse.
Might have something to do with the order as well, doesn't it? Even marines don't follow their sacred rules ("Index Astartes is more of a guideline than an actual rule."), so why can't the orders of Sororita have their own dealings with stuff?

I don't see much negative things (apart from the obvious) in having fit young women turned into baby factories to make more fit young women to march to the front.

Hell, I'm suprised the marines don't do it. Having good genes to make it into the Astartes and surviving for a long time would be far better if put into circulation. Have some breeding program to pass those genes back into the populus and make more good canditates for marines.

Doesn't mean the marines would have to have sex with women. There are many many nasty ways of extracting semen. Needles, electrisity, etc. The less pleasant the ordeal, the less guilty the marines has to feel afterwards.

Luthien
26-08-2007, 12:50
Yes but there is only so much fluff you can rob and the Sororitas are not the Bene Gesserit

MrBigMr
26-08-2007, 13:01
Yes but there is only so much fluff you can rob and the Sororitas are not the Bene Gesserit
Yes, you are right, it would be silly to think that GW would copy stuff from other people.
I wasn't expecting the Sororitas to breed a new Emperor, but to pass on the good genes. People have done it all around the world for eons, breeding the strongest and smartest together to improve their ranks. I have a hard time believing the Imperium isn't doing it. They've made genetic experiments already ranging from the marines to afriel strain and so forth.

Kriegsherr
26-08-2007, 13:03
Most warriors code try to control the sexuality of the ones following for the simple matter of fact that sexually unsatisfied people make better warriors... more agression, less hang over from last night... This is also the reason why most armies enforce a strict control on when or where their members can have a drink and... ehr... get access to the local female population

The catholic popes of the middle ages were a very good example. It is known that the most aggressive and militaristic popes were the ones that really DID lived a life in chastity...

And because they are nuns in space, and copy a lot of the imagery and ideology from the catholic church of the middle ages, I think its safe to assume they also have copied this.

Also, don't forget that they do a lot of masochistic rituals, maybe they venture their sexual desires over this.... or over the sadistic joys of battle ;)

Highly unlikely since there's been only one priory falling to Chaos and they were all killed by Chaos then there's the one Sister that's in the CCG and she's still alive. I don't see this as much proof that it happens regularly.

Not regularly enough to deserve their own codex... but certainly regular enough for some pervos to convert SoBs into slanneshi devotees and get away with it.... but I'll stop now ;)

Luthien
26-08-2007, 13:19
Yes, you are right, it would be silly to think that GW would copy stuff from other people.

I never said GW don't copy fluff i said that they can only copy so much before people say "Hang on this isn't right" and then go on to list why it aint right and why they'll get lawyers in to correct this blatant copywright infringement