PDA

View Full Version : Bretonnian errantry war questions.

heldane
25-08-2007, 18:10
Hey all.

Yet another Brets question or two from me. I'm currently collecting an Errantry war list, and have come across a few interesting situations that I'm not sure on, so I need some answers.

Infact, they all pertain to a Knights Errant unit with a grail champ upgrade.

1. If above unit has a Grail champ, will it automatically start the game with the blessing wether I pray or not due to its unit champion always having the blessing?

2. Can above unit be led by a model with a vow which is not a grail one?

I think thats all for now.

Thanks in advance

Dan

Masque
25-08-2007, 21:19
1. If above unit has a Grail champ, will it automatically start the game with the blessing wether I pray or not due to its unit champion always having the blessing?

The Grail Vow gives individual models the Blessing, not entire units. So the Grail Knight champ would would have the Blessing the the Knights Errant wouldn't.

2. Can above unit be led by a model with a vow which is not a grail one?

This one is a little unclear as far as the rules are written, but I think a character with any Vow could join the unit.

druchii
28-08-2007, 00:25
The Grail Vow gives individual models the Blessing, not entire units. So the Grail Knight champ would would have the Blessing the the Knights Errant wouldn't.

This one is a little unclear as far as the rules are written, but I think a character with any Vow could join the unit.

The first is correct, the second is quite clar: the rules only prohibit a character lacking the sufficient vow (the vow in question: grail) to join a UNIT with the vow, as Masque has pointed out, the Champion, NOT the errants possesses the Grail vow. A character with the questing of knightly vow may still join the unit.

d

Masque
28-08-2007, 18:38
The first is correct, the second is quite clar: the rules only prohibit a character lacking the sufficient vow (the vow in question: grail) to join a UNIT with the vow, as Masque has pointed out, the Champion, NOT the errants possesses the Grail vow. A character with the questing of knightly vow may still join the unit.

While I do agree with your interpretation I do not agree the rule is clear. Nowhere in the rules that require characters to have certain vows to join other knights does it use the word 'unit'.