PDA

View Full Version : Looking for two things...

Kage2020
25-08-2007, 18:28
Okay, as the thread says I'm looking for two broadly unrelated things and thought that I would post them here. I think that I've found the majority of this stuff through Google but, well, you never know.

RPG Intepretations of the 40k Universe
That's basically it. Do you know of any conversions out there, or do you have some that you haven't published to the web? I'm after inspiration and ideas and, well, collecting all the interpretations out there before Dark Heresy is released. I wouldn't want all that work to be forgotten in the rush of excitement and sycophantia (not a word, I know) that is probably going to result when that is released!

Interpretations of the Eldar
I'm actually looking for people that have published their interpretations of the Eldar for a little project that I've got brewing in the back of my mind. Anyway, while many people don't seem happy with the representation of the Eldar by GW, or at least have some problems with it, I really cannot find anything out there.

Does anyone have some pages that I can look at?

Exceptions...
If it's by me or Phil Sibbering it doesn't count. I know about those interpretations! ;)

Okay, chances are that I'm not going to get that many replies, if any, but thought that I would try anyway.

Kage

Arcanus
25-08-2007, 18:40
Okay, as the thread says I'm looking for two broadly unrelated things and thought that I would post them here. I think that I've found the majority of this stuff through Google but, well, you never know.

RPG Intepretations of the 40k Universe
That's basically it. Do you know of any conversions out there, or do you have some that you haven't published to the web? I'm after inspiration and ideas and, well, collecting all the interpretations out there before Dark Heresy is released. I wouldn't want all that work to be forgotten in the rush of excitement and sycophantia (not a word, I know) that is probably going to result when that is released!

Interpretations of the Eldar
I'm actually looking for people that have published their interpretations of the Eldar for a little project that I've got brewing in the back of my mind. Anyway, while many people don't seem happy with the representation of the Eldar by GW, or at least have some problems with it, I really cannot find anything out there.

Does anyone have some pages that I can look at?

Exceptions...
If it's by me or Phil Sibbering it doesn't count. I know about those interpretations! ;)

Okay, chances are that I'm not going to get that many replies, if any, but thought that I would try anyway.

Kage

Could you explain what you mean because I'm having trouble understanding what your trying to say? For the Eldar I might of misunderstood what your asking for but, have you tried the developer's notes for the Eldar on GW's website?

Kage2020
25-08-2007, 19:04
Wow, it's amazing what happens to be unclear. My bad.

I'm after RPG interpretations of the 40k universe and interpretations of the Eldar. Since both are not really produced by GW this tends to imply fan-interpretations that have been published online. I know of a number of RPG interpretations, but, other than the two fan interpretations mentioned, none about the Eldar.

Ultimately I'm after more. Again, I wouldn't want fan interpretations of 40k RPG to disappear under the swell of optimism and "oh my gosh"-ism that is likely to result from the release of Dark Heresy.

Thanks for the reminder about the developers note, but to be fair I'm not counting GW interpretations into this since in the first case it is represented by the aforementioned Dark Heresy, and in the second by Codex Eldar 4e. That and it's completely pointless to speculate what "Gav's dramatic plan" is, and I'm not overtly interested in guessing how they might change things.

Kage

Luthien
25-08-2007, 23:11
so you want to know how people see eldar, yes?

Kage2020
25-08-2007, 23:26
That's one part of it, yes. I just wanted to know if anyone had a site out there with a defined interpretation of the Eldar, or even fragments of the Eldar, that I could look at. They just seem to be a common part of the 40k universe that is considered "sub-standard," so I thought that there must be something out there.

I only know of two fan interpretations: mine and Phil Sibbering's. Surely there are others?

And I'm always interested in 40k RPG conversions. I only know of four out there, but I'm always interested in collecting more.

Kage

Arcanus
25-08-2007, 23:34
That's one part of it, yes. I just wanted to know if anyone had a site out there with a defined interpretation of the Eldar, or even fragments of the Eldar, that I could look at. They just seem to be a common part of the 40k universe that is considered "sub-standard," so I thought that there must be something out there.

I only know of two fan interpretations: mine and Phil Sibbering's. Surely there are others?

And I'm always interested in 40k RPG conversions. I only know of four out there, but I'm always interested in collecting more.

Kage

I think I understand it now so you are looking for conversions of the 40k system into a more RPGish game and you are looking for a more realistic view of the Eldar, right? If so that sound interesting, I would like to see how it works out.

Kage2020
25-08-2007, 23:47
Well, not necessarily 'realistic' view of the Eldar. They are, after all, a fictional race. I'm just keen to see if there are any other developed approaches "out there" to what I find one of the most fascinating races in the 40k universe.

And, yes, conversions of 40k into an RPG. Not just Inquisitor, which I don't count, but an RPG in the classic table-top, pen-and-paper version.

Erm, anyway, both require that if you know of links to sites that have this information published (other than my own), then it would be great if you could post them. That's the links, rather than the 'fluff.'

Kage

Arcanus
25-08-2007, 23:54
Check the black industries web site since they are making the Warhammer 40k RPG. www.blackindustries.com

Kage2020
26-08-2007, 14:34
You will note that I mention it in the first post to indicate that I'm fully aware of the release of Dark Heresy and it is not what I'm interested in. (For a start, it won't really be "complete" for at least another 3-4 years as represented with the release of "Rogue Trader" and "Deathwatch.") Hmmn... I though more people in the background forum might have been aware of RPG interpretations. Ah well, to RPG with that one, then. My bad.

Regardless, there is still the published interpretations of the Eldar to consider.

Kage