PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Pt Skaven list

Pete278
26-08-2007, 10:04
1x Assassin w/ Smoke Bombs, Bands of Power and Warpstone Amulet (175 pts)
1x Warlock Engineer w/ Warp-Blades and Upgraded Warp-Energy Condensor (70 pts)

20x Clanrats w/ Spears, Full Command and accompanied by a Ratling Gun (205 pts)
20x Night Runners w/ Throwing Stars
10x Poisoned Wind Globadiers

10x Gutter Runners w/ Poisoned Throwing Stars and Poisoned Blades in a Tunneling Team
5x Warplock Jezzails

Thoughts? I quite like this list, but I want to see what you guys think before I go out and buy it.

fubukii
26-08-2007, 12:29
20 night runners in one unit is a rather horrible choice as most of the models will be wasted ( you figure only 7 can be in combat)
10 Tunnelers is overkill and way to many pts

TO be 100% honest you dont have anywhere near enough troops or any units that have a chance to hold. The single ratling gun will fall victum to a single Archer unit every game. the night runners can not hold up in combat (and probably never kill anything of worth with thier stars as once you throw them you are in your enemies charge range), nor will the tunnel team unless you pick on weak support units. The list needs more ranked infantry because thats how skaven do well, since they lack any real hammer units (save plague monks with a plague priest in the unit). IF you like the idea of a eshin themed list try the SOC list, so you can get some hard hitting eshin triads to add some combat punch for your troops and get the under the cover of night rule. ALso drop the spears on the clanrats they dont kill anything and its almost always better to save the pts and just use the 4+ save in combat. IN addition the clanrat block is way to small you need to take advantage of Safety in numbers and make the unit at least 25 strong.

forgottenlor
26-08-2007, 13:43
I agree with alot of fubuki says but not everything.
1. You need 2 units of clan rats. This will give you alot more options. Speers aren't bad, but you don't really need them and at 1000 points its all about keeping cost efficient.
2. With 2 clan rat units you could have 2 night runner units and screen your ratling gun with 1 unit unit you are close enough to fire, or have eliminated enemy archers.
3. 10 gutter runners in a tunneling team is very risky. What happens if they arrive in the wrong place or not at all? Thats alot of wasted points. If you had 2 clanrats you could have 3 tunnelers and 7 normal runners, which would be cheaper and more reliable.

fubukii
27-08-2007, 19:11
I made a few edits to the list to make it more skaveny and enable it to be a bit more sucessful, of course im not suggesting you run this exact list but you can use it as a guide and work from there

Warlock Engineer (1#, 120 Pts)
1 Warlock Engineer @ 120 Pts
Hand Weapon; Upgraded Warp-Energy Condenser; Warp-Blades
1 Storm Daemon
1 Warpstone Charm
1 2. Warp Lightning

Assassin (1#, 150 Pts)
1 Assassin @ 150 Pts
Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Smoke Bombs; Throwing Star; Poisoned Attacks; Scouts
1 Bands of Power

Clanrats (25#, 150 Pts)
24 Clanrats @ 150 Pts
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Light Armor; Shield
1 Clawleader
Hand Weapon; Light Armor; Shield

Clanrats (25#, 150 Pts) (+5 cr)
24 Clanrats @ 150 Pts
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Light Armor; Shield
1 Clawleader
Hand Weapon; Light Armor; Shield

Clanrat Slaves (25#, 54 Pts) (cheap redirector starts at +4 CR)
25 Clanrat Slaves @ 54 Pts
Musician Mus; Hand Weapon

Clanrat Slaves (25#, 54 Pts)
25 Clanrat Slaves @ 54 Pts
Musician Mus; Hand Weapon

Tunneling Team (5#, 85 Pts) (kill mages,or warmachines, can also be used to help win fights vs low armor troops)
5 Gutter Runner Tunneling Team @ 85 Pts
Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Poisoned Hand Weapons; Scouts; Skirmishers

Tunneling Team (5#, 85 Pts)
5 Gutter Runner Tunneling Team @ 85 Pts
Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Poisoned Hand Weapons; Scouts; Skirmishers

Warplock Jezzails (5#, 100 Pts) >>Would probably be better to use a Warped lightning cannon instead but i kept the jezzails as they were in your original list<<
5 Warplock Jezzails @ 100 Pts
Hand Weapon; Jezzail; Skirmishers

Night Runners (5#, 25 Pts) (cheap deployment units, can also contest/claim corners)
5 Night Runners @ 25 Pts
Hand Weapon; Skirmishers

Night Runners (5#, 25 Pts)
5 Night Runners @ 25 Pts
Hand Weapon; Skirmishers

Total Roster Cost: 998