PDA

View Full Version : 1k Dark Elves in need of some tweeking

Aiden
26-08-2005, 19:31
League night has moved up to 1000 points now so I'm looking to expand my Dark Elves. I'd prefer to keep the noble and sorc on their cold ones (Incarnations for myself and my fiance who is helping me paint and sculpt these guys :D ) but their other gear is free to change out. I've been tempted to swap out the Reaper for another unit of 5 Dark Riders as it hasnt been preforming particularly well so far (more to do with my dice I think ^_-)

General Aiden (Noble) 205pts
-Cold one Mount
-Heavy Armor
-Crimson Death

Kerrinth (lvl2 Sorc, Dark Lore) 145
-Cold one Mount
-Tome of Furion

20x Spearmen w/shields FC
10x Executioners w/SB
5x Dark Riders w/ SB

1x Cold one Chariot w/ Spears

1x Reaper BT

EndlessBug
26-08-2005, 19:51
I'd aggree... 1 reaper on its own isnt going to do much IMO (no panic tests from only 6 shots).

the 5 Dark Riders dont have RxB's right? IMO they should do.

just my 2 pence ;)

Kolk
27-08-2005, 00:34
Is that noble really 205 points? I dont see how his equipment could make him cost that much. If so, I would drop the reaper, get another 5 Dark Riders and equip them with RXB's. Then you have a really competitive list.

Aiden
27-08-2005, 00:40
Is that noble really 205 points? I dont see how his equipment could make him cost that much. If so, I would drop the reaper, get another 5 Dark Riders and equip them with RXB's. Then you have a really competitive list.

oO wow thanks for the catch he only comes in at 138 pts, Proof again that sleep is your friend :chrome:

rune
27-08-2005, 03:43
I was going to mention the Noble thing too. So thats 60pts or so free, I'd also drop the spearmen to 16 and youll have yourself 110pts or so, so far.

Now, you could get a 2nd chariot, or a 2nd reaper bolt thrower. This is the easy choice, as everything else stays intact. In my opinion as a fellow dark elf player, if you arent going to put your noble on cold one in a cold one knights unit i wouldnt put him on a cold one -- id put him in a cold one chariot or on foot. If hes going solo, maximize his damage and protection with the chariot. The chariot could be payed for with your extra points or you could just stick him in the 1 chariot from the original list.

To get those knights you could drop the reaper bolt thrower. This would give you 210+pts to spend. If you want to stay all infantry.. or technically no heavy cav, the 2nd chariot would be the better choice.

Darmort
27-08-2005, 11:43
Okay, drop the Reaper, get another Chariot. They work wonders. Drop Standard from Dark Riders and change it to a Musicain.
Drop Tome, it's no use unless you're Magic Heavy, and go for Seal of Ghrond or Darkstar Cloak.
If you could get a foot noble with Draich of Dark-Power, Sea Dragon Cloak and Heavy Armour in that unit of Executioners, you'll have a nasty unit of Killing Blow flankers, but that's just an idea.

By the way, that Sorceress costs more than 145, I think she costs 161, but I'm not sure, no Army Book on me (Cold One costs).