PDA

View Full Version : 500pt chaos and lizardmen, explination follows

bluebugs
27-08-2007, 17:20
I am bluebugs and i have 2 main armies i am focusing on, Tzeentch mortals(mostly anyway), and lizardmen. i have had these models for sometime and am now re-doing both armies. i am bringing them to college with me(the bravery, I know) and in the case anyone is interested in playing I want 2 perfectly balanced armies, so no one has an advantage over the other. so here are the armies, both with a little extra points on them. and i want to know if you think they are equal, and if not, how can we change them? I am willing to increase the points to about 600, but no more. as i want to keep it small and controllable. So without further hesitation; here we go;

1 aspiring champion-152pts
tzeentch, shield

10 marauders - 85pts(champ goes here)
shields, light armor, banner, music

4 chaos knights - 132pts

5 chaos warhounds - 30pts

5 warhounds - 30pts

1 spawn of tzeentch - 75pts

1 skink priest- 125pts
lv. 2, dispell scroll

10 skinks w/ pipes - 60pts

12 saurus warriors - 156pts
champion

10 skinks w/ javes - 60pts

3 terradons - 105pts

506pts

bluebugs
28-08-2007, 17:30
Sorry, i gotta bump this as i would really like a reply. perhaps the knights are too strong? should i replace them with another core unit, perhaps more marauders/ maybe even chaos warrior? I know they're not the best for winning games, but how about balancing to learn? Should I bump to 600pts? Please people, how can I make this fair for both sides?

chivalrous
28-08-2007, 18:26
for 500 points, both lists are pretty solid, my only query is about your Chaos knights.

As far as I am aware, the minimum unit size for Chaos Knights is 5 so unless I am mistaken or you are playing a campaign with special rules the unit is 'illegal'.

I might question your use of a Skink priest, possibly not as effective as a basic Saurus character and you have the Terradons for enemy wizard hunting.

On the subject of your bumping, remember that Warseer has been offline for a while so not everyone in your area may have seen then post yet.

manickze
29-08-2007, 11:41
Chaos Knights minimum unit size is 4