PDA

View Full Version : vampiric Blood Angels

BrotherMoses
28-08-2007, 12:11
I remember Mephiston's blood thirst rule and how the Blood Angels drink blood on the battle field. My question is, "did they drink everyone's blood?" Really? just anybody's? What about chaos followers? Drinking the blood of fallen chaos worshippers does not seem... safe from what I've read.

What else is there? They just hope some imperial guard go renegade? Tau? yeah right. Eldar? maybe.

Anyone got anything to add?

apaosha
28-08-2007, 12:45
I seem to remember that the BA brother in the warhammer monthly series Bloodquest, when captured and tortured by Fabius Bile, succumbed to the BR and killed and subsequently devoured a bunch of his mutant jailers, with no ill-effects ....

Cloten, I think his name was. Issue 3 ... ?

Lord Malek The Red Knight
29-08-2007, 11:41
I had the impression that it was more the local Imperial population that had something to worry about ("Woo! the Blood Angels have come to save us!", next night: "has anyone seen xxxxxx...?"). :p

~ Tim

Vesica
They also drink there own blood before battles and such.

I love Blood Angels.

Vesica
sorry for the double post.

But i think the Deus books have some info on the blood drinking.

Vesica
I had the impression that it was more the local Imperial population that had something to worry about ("Woo! the Blood Angels have come to save us!", next night: "has anyone seen xxxxxx...?"). :p

~ Tim

lol i dont know why but that made me laugh, so much i have sig'd it.

ssgtdude
For more background get a second edition angels codex. Lot's of fluff on this subject.

ssgtdude
According to the fluff it actually goes back to the Primarch
and how the geneseed was passed. It started as a ritual for the chapter.

CrimsonTider
29-08-2007, 18:49
From what I understood, Blood Angels don't exactly stop in mid-battle and consume their foes, or stop to drink their blood, though some might. The Blood Angels suffering from the red thrist do, however, slake their thirst when the opportunity might present itself.

Of course, I could very well be wrong.

GodofWarTx
30-08-2007, 07:11
From what I understood, Blood Angels don't exactly stop in mid-battle and consume their foes, or stop to drink their blood, though some might. The Blood Angels suffering from the red thrist do, however, slake their thirst when the opportunity might present itself.

Of course, I could very well be wrong.

i agree with the above.

I dont think their vampirism is obvious. Its an internal struggle to me, very subtle but a very dark blight on their psyche that eats away at their self control.

Eulenspiegel
30-08-2007, 07:22
The "vampire" aspect was a real brainfart on GWs part and I rather had everyone forget it about it at once.

*waves hand*
These are not the vampires you seek.

With Mephiston it works fine, mind you.