PDA

View Full Version : Multi combat flee?

ZeroTwentythree
28-08-2007, 14:37
Below is the set up. One large combat involving 5 units - 2 skaven, 3 opponents. The skaven lose combat and skaven A makes it's break check, but skaven B flees.

What direction will they flee?

A: Away from US: 10 because it is the largest US in the overall combat.
B: Away from US:8 because it is the largest US in base to base contact.
C: Something else.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a195/ZeroTwentythree/diagr.jpg

Atrahasis
28-08-2007, 14:42
The US8 unit is the only unit free to pursue Unit B and so they flee from that unit.

DaBrode
28-08-2007, 16:04
The US8 unit is the only unit free to pursue Unit B and so they flee from that unit.

Does that mean even if the US between the B2B units were reversed it would still flee from the only one able to pursue?

Atrahasis
28-08-2007, 16:16
Page 40 says they face away from the highest unit strength enemy, page 44 says they face away from their pursuers.

Taking both together, it would seem that the unit flees from the highest unit strength unit that is pursuing it.

DaBrode
28-08-2007, 16:41
Cool. Good info. Thanks.

Masque
28-08-2007, 19:15

Page 40 says they face away from the highest unit strength enemy, page 44 says they face away from their pursuers.

Taking both together, it would seem that the unit flees from the highest unit strength unit that is pursuing it.

Am I crazy or haven't you argued previously that a unit flees from the highest US unit it's in contact with regardless of whether or not that unit pursues or even could pursue?

If the US8 unit in the above example had been engaged with yet another Skaven unit that did not break it would be unable to pursue. Which direction would you have Skaven B flee then?

ZeroTwentythree
29-08-2007, 11:41
Am I crazy or haven't you argued previously that a unit flees from the highest US unit it's in contact with regardless of whether or not that unit pursues or even could pursue?

I guess that's where I find things a bit muddled right now. In some cases we base it on who is pursuing, in other cases we don't?