PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with new 2000pt Lizardmen

maze ironheart
29-08-2007, 11:41
Hi well I have come up with a new 2000pt list I have been playing with lizardmen for 3 years now but when the warhammer rule's changed I said I was going to make some changes to my Lizardmen but I had my O&G army to work on so I said I would do them after O&G I just need an Help to see if this list I have made would do ok.

(Lord Choice)
1-Saurus Oldblood with light armour shield and sword of might with the spawning of Itzl and Sotek and a cold one.228pts

(Hero Choice)
1-LV2 Skink Priest with Despell scroll.125pts
1-LV2 Skink Priest with Diadem of power(Store 2 power dice and dewspell dice to use them next turn).135pts
(Core Choice)
20-Saurus worriors with hand weapons and shields with fullcommand.270pts
10-Skinks.60pts
10-Skinks.60pts
10-Skinks.60pts
(Special Choice)
5-Saurus Cavalry with Fullcommand and Huanchis blessed totem (Move D6 during your magic Phase).275pts
10-Chameleon skinks with stalker.156pts
(Rare Choice)
1-Stegadon.235pts
Totol-1999pts

What I have planned is for the skink's to cut down the number of models in unit's and then the combat unit's will attack them to finish them off.As for the skink priest's their job is to blast the enemy with magic and despell any harmful spells.They don't need to worry about being shot at as they will be to far away to be shot at I just need an help to with this list to see if it is good or not I will be thankful if any one can help.

maze ironheart
01-09-2007, 14:10
Would any one say that a stegadon is worth taking because I read what it say's on GW web site about them I just need some advice from any one who has used a stegadon if they are worth taking or not.

The_Dragon_Rising
01-09-2007, 17:23
Would any one say that a stegadon is worth taking because I read what it say's on GW web site about them I just need some advice from any one who has used a stegadon if they are worth taking or not.

Im new to Lizards and as such have been testing all the units. In my tests i have found stegadons never to have made back their points and have to run with the general ( 2 games in a row my ld 5 model ran away).

I would suggest Salamanders in its stead, 3 of these takes 1 rare slot, they cost less in points, they cause fear, at shooting thay have always been superior to the stegadon and in combat they havent been too far behind.

Commenting on the list in general i would suggest dropping the cham skinks, they havent proven to be useful enough to warrant their point when i have tried them and to instead invest in terradons and kroxigors, they former for anti-war machine and the latter because they are literally tin can openers.

Bazzal
01-09-2007, 18:53
its not a bad list, imo the stegadon and cameleon skink are not worth there points unfortunatly. for more efect id change teh stegadon to 3 Salamanders and the skink to Terradons, leaving you more points to spend aswell. pos even add another saurus rider making 7 wide, perfect for the full atk power against 4x5 units as you should get teh diagonal atk.

as for the other questions about stegadons, they rarely make there points back, the giant bow is usful, but in combat its never one in any tests iv done. mainly due to WS3 and anything that it faces in hth usually has ws 4 or more, hence why i go salamanders as they almsot always make there points back, can deal better ranged damage and not the worse in hth, but in a unit of 3 they equal out against a stegadon (more wounds and attack the same Strength and Ws, just less toughness) plus less points.

my suggusteion for swapping the cameleon's out is basically they dont really do much against opnts who dont have war machines, and most plays have there weaker characters in large units, meaning at the most you mav have 3 in combat, where as the terradons can easily fly to get war machines and better at character hunting, not to mention the S4 doesnt do to bad against most units. failin gthat use them to march block while you work your own troops into flanking and charginf positions.

gerrymander61
02-09-2007, 08:52
pretty solid looking list, although i'd change a couple of things.

I have to say I completely disagree with Bazzal. The chameleon skinks aren't actually that much better than regular scouts in terms of war machine killing. War machine crews have 360 LOS and therefore it's hard to get to a place 12 inches away where you aren't vulnerable to the entire rest of their army. Their real strength is march blocking, because you can deploy them up to 2 inches behind a block of troops. But you don't need 10 skinks to do that. Hell, you don't need 10 skinks to take out a warmachine crew either. Cut the numbers on that unit for sure, but i'd say keep them. One minimum size unit can really bog down an enemy.

Now, for other stuff. The stegadon isn't great hitting power, the cold ones are fine without the old blood, so why not swap the stegadon for a carnosaur? The cold ones will manage fine without him, and carnosaurs have the potential to be devastating, not to mention the Old blood sitting on top of him is a veritable killing machine. Just be careful. THey do attract fire. So, the solution to this is to use the ponts that you saved from the stegadon to upgrade some of your skinks to scouts, just in case you do face a warmachine heavy army. And even if you don't, there's still plenty of uses for scouting skinks, and 1 point per model is a small price to pay for such added versatility.

Now, if you take the points you should have left over from the missing cold one, the steggy to carno switch, and the cutting down of the chameleons, you should be able to take a unit of 2 salamanders. I usually run 3 salamanders, but 2 shuold be quite a deterrant to light skirmishers or fast cav. You know, the annoying kind that outmanoevres the slow saurus. If you're looking to get points, just take out some unit champions.

maze ironheart
02-09-2007, 10:43
So basically drop the stegadon and take slalmanders instead that dose sound alot better as I have fought other Lizardmen player's and they have not really earnt their point's so yeah I'll drop the stegadon.So i should reduce or drop the chamelion skink's for more skink's and make them scout's or terradon's as they have done me well I think I'll check my book and write up a new list but I don't think I'll go with the carnosaur I do love the model but I am worried that it will die to easy.I usually fight our most hated enemy the skaven and my opponent has started to take jezzels and they would destroy my carnosaur.

maze ironheart
02-09-2007, 13:20
Here's a new list I have come up with thank's to the help of pepole who quoted me on my list.

(Lord Choice)
1-Saurus Oldblood with light armour shield and sword of might with the spawning of Itzl and Sotek and a cold one.233pts

(Hero Choice)
1-LV2 Skink Priest with Diadem of power(Store 2 power dice and dewspell dice to use them next turn).135pts

(Core Choice)
10-Skinks with scouting upgrade.70pts
10-Skinks.60pts
10-Skinks.60pts
10-Skinks.60pts

(Special Choice)
5-Saurus Cavalry with Fullcommand and Huanchis blessed totem (Move D6 during your magic Phase).275pts
3-Terradon's with skink the brave.115pts

(Rare Choice)
3-Salamander hunting pack's

Totol-1993pts

I hope this list is better my plan with the scouting skink's is if their is any war machines and my terradon's get shot to bit's or are attacking a hero in a unit my skink's will be a back up warmachine destroyer unit.As for the salamanders they will blast the enemy with their flames and when close enough they will try and charge enemy's in the flank.I would like to thank the following pepole for their help The_Rising _Dragon and Bazzal and gerrymander 61 I hope this list is better then the first list.

Bazzal
02-09-2007, 14:31
since you have the points you may as well either add a brave to the scouts or another scout. hope you have good gaming, do you know who your up against?

maze ironheart
02-09-2007, 19:02
since you have the points you may as well either add a brave to the scouts or another scout. hope you have good gaming, do you know who your up against?

I mostly fight the Lizardmen's most hated enemy the Skaven and Brettonian's but hopefully this army will make do good against them.