PDA

View Full Version : TK 2150 points (help needed, tourney next month)

Krud
29-08-2007, 11:41
Hey guys, after a lot of agaonizing over my lists, I think I'm near building a solid TK list! Let me know your thoughts on the two lists below. Right now, I think I'm leaning towards the second one, though I would be up to any other changes! :)

Tomb King -288
Flail of Skulls
Golden Eye of Rah-nutt
Light armor
Chariot

Liche Priest (Hiero) -160
Cloak of Dunes
Collar of Shapesh

Liche Priest -168
Staff of Ravening
Steed

Liche Priest 165
Dispel
Hieratic Jar

5 Chariots, std, BOTUL
3 Chariots, std
5 Light Horsemen

20 Tomb Guard, IoR, std
1 Tomb Scorpion
1 Tomb Scorpion
5 Carrion

SSC, SoF
Bone Giant

TOTAL POINTS - 2148

Magic Phase:
BOTUL
MWBD 1d6
MWBD 1d6
SoR
2d6
2d6
2d6

How do you think this list stacks up?

One thing I am thinking of doing is trading out the third LP for a TP. At that point, I would put the TP in the group of Tomb Guard, and swap around some magic items to make sure I at least have the brooch or a dispel scroll. It doesn't seem like my magic phase would suffer much from this, either.

Here would be the alternative with the TP

Tomb King -303
Flail of Skulls
Golden Eye of Rah-nutt
Vambraces
Light armor
Chariot

Liche Priest (Hiero) -160
Cloak of Dunes
Hieratic Jar

Liche Priest -168
Staff of Ravening
Steed

Tomb Prince - 156
Great Weapon
Light Armor
Brooch of the Great Desert
Collar of Shapesh

5 Chariots, std, BOTUL
3 Chariots, std
5 Light Horsemen

19 Tomb Guard, IoR, std
1 Tomb Scorpion
1 Tomb Scorpion
5 Carrion

SSC, SoF
Bone Giant

TOTAL POINTS - 2142

Magic Phase:
BOTUL
MWBD 1d6
MWBD 1d6
MWBD 1d6
SoR
2d6
2d6

Do you think this one is better? A little less offensive and defensive magic, but the Tomb Guard unit would be a lot more hitty, and I wouldn't have a lone priest foot-slogging around...

Azmazi
29-08-2007, 23:47
I like the second list a little more, except for the vambraces, so I would drop those. I would also drop the 5 light cav, since they are not good in a unit of 5 only, with TK you need to run their cav with 15 or none at all since they drop like flies and take fire like no other. I'm personally not a fan of the staff of ravening due to it being only S2, yes its 3d6 hits, but s2 makes that extremely annoying to wound units, and it usually doesn't make its points back. I would instead suggest you have him take the Enkhil's Kanopi, main reason is for those few armies that love remains in place spells (Lore of Metal, Fire, and the like.) So even if they get it off you can dispel it automatically next turn unless they block it using their dice.

With the extra points I would put the king in a chariot of fire (Those increased impact and the fact they are magical usually get their points back, especially against things like daemons) then add in another chariot or 2 to that group of 3. This gives you a good flank on both sides. Reason being is at least chariot crew hit at ws3 instead of 2, and I would also look into an Icon of the Sacred Eye for one of those chariot units. That +1 to hit for all of them including the steeds is extremely helpful, especially against units that are WS4+

He Who Is Him
01-09-2007, 21:42
Azmazi is right, but I would rather have my prince in the chariot than my king. Yes, you only have 25pts to spend after you get the Chariot of Fire (a must with characters in chariots), but I find that Kings in Chariots are a liability. a prince in a chariot will draw some fire (especially for war machines), but not as much as ur king. Also, I'm not totally clear on your tactics, but the way your King is kitted, it looks like he'll be making some challenges (which he should win most of the time). If this is the case, Azmazi would be right to put him in chariot (you need him in CC making those challenges as soon as possible), but wrong to ditch the vambraces (they help in challenges a LOT). And for whatever kind of list ur running, Azamzi is dead on with the calv, 5 simply won't cut it. I think 10 is the smallest I've ever seen TK calv run successfully.