PDA

View Full Version : "Battle axe of the last Waaagh!" when flanked

Steeve
29-08-2007, 22:30
Last time I played, my character was in a Black orc unit and was equipped with the 'Battle axe of the last Waaagh!'. His unit was charged by two other units one of which was a flank attack, (the flanking unit was > US5).

The axe adds strength and number of attacks equal to the units rank bonus.

Given that my unit was flanked, we decided that the axe's benefits could not be realised.

Was this correct?

ZomboCom
29-08-2007, 23:13
If the bearer's unit has no rank bonus, for whatever reason, then he gains no bonuses from the weapon.

Shimmergloom
30-08-2007, 02:17
The errata says that the totem, pigstikka and battleaxe lose their bonuses if there are no rank bonuses in existence.

High priced items with such obvious and easy drawbacks, pretty stupid.

Especially for the pigstikka where you are penalized for outmanouvering your opponent.

Felworth
30-08-2007, 03:16
The errata says that the totem, pigstikka and battleaxe lose their bonuses if there are no rank bonuses in existence.

High priced items with such obvious and easy drawbacks, pretty stupid.

Especially for the pigstikka where you are penalized for outmanouvering your opponent.

Ugh.

I have a Black Orc Warboss mounted on a Wyvern with a really nifty spear (pigstikka) whose sole purpose was to flank units and kick butt. Looks like that spear needs to come off so I can equip him with something that won't screw up at the first opportunity...