Musician
71 pts

12 Daemonettes
180 pts

6 Mounted Daemonettes
180 pts

2 x Fiends of slaanesh
150 pts

Basically has a good strong bulk of troops with BSB, lots of options, not much magic, some nice hitty infantry, some good flanking options. I decided to go mortal chaos as I can use flagellant models as Marauders in a slaaneshi. and I've always wanted to field some big units of marauders(but hate the man boobs).

MarcoPollo
30-08-2007, 00:21
not too bad, but you are going to be dominated in the magic phase.

Here's some thoughts:

For your lord -- MoS, bindings of Slaanesh, rending sword, enchanted shield, on warhorse or steed of slaanesh. (you just pick on weak characters/champions and hold up an entire unit with your combat res from overkill).

Sorceror should be on foot. You don't need the extra movement for a sorceror.

Why not use a bray shaman of slaanesh. They are cheaper and can fit in the herd for protection.

Also, demonettes need to be turfed. They don't do as well for their points. Mounted demonettes are supper awesome. But are extremely fragile. So you need to protect them well.

Slaanesh theory: The lore of slaanesh is quite good. Some say game-breaking. But many of the spells have quite a high casting value. Thus only an exalted sorceror/great bray shaman can make a list like this work well.

manickze
30-08-2007, 10:57
2000 pts Chaos Slaanesh
Chaos Lord
MoS, Steed of Slaanesh, rending Sword, Bindings of slaanesh, Enchanted Shield
375 pts

Sorcerer
MoS, +magic level, dispel scroll,
165 pts

Bray Shaman
MoS, + magic level, Dispel scroll, bray staff
163 pts

Aspiring Champion
Battle Standard Bearer
Flesh Banner
155 pts

24 Marauders(w full command)
light armour and shield
185 pts

24 Marauders(w full command)
light armour and shield
185 pts

12 Marauders w/ great weapons

3 x 6 Chaos Hounds
108 pts

6 Gors/6 Ungors
Musician
71 pts

12 Daemonettes

6 Mounted Daemonettes
180 pts

2 x Fiends of slaanesh
150 pts

2001 pts

Ok, added a bray shaman so got a bit more casting power, dropped the unit of knights for bray shaman + putting bindings of slaanesh on Lord and flesh banner. 800+ points of chars seems a lot, 1 Lord 2 casters and a BSB. I really like the daemonette models so I left them in, timm will tell once I collect them and start playing them.

MarcoPollo
31-08-2007, 06:21
I know, I bought 24 of them and I haven't used demonettes for over 2 years. I see you are using the number 6 alot. The chosen number thing is alright, just that it is inherently weak given this restriction.

Why not use a wargor BSB, it is cheaper, faster, and more flexible.

What are you going for with this army?

manickze
31-08-2007, 07:54
I want the BSBin with one of the units of Maurauders. Nice strong block of infantry

I've got a 3000 pt limit I will most probably aim for that includes all the options I want and switch for against various armies.

Probably another unit of Marauders, mounted daemonettes, furies, 2 more Spawn, knights, mounted marauders and up the magic user to sorcerer lord.

MarcoPollo
31-08-2007, 17:47
Have you explored the concept of a "super-herd". Have a read here:http://warseer.com/forums/fantasy-army-lists/99449-hordes-of-chaos-beasts-tournament-list.html