PDA

View Full Version : 2K Lizards

The_Dragon_Rising
30-08-2007, 07:31
I am new to WHFB from 40K and am going to get into lizards.
Before comitting money to a new army i would like advice and comments on my list. It is a sacred host meaning every unit that can must have the same sacred spawning,(Quetzl), they stay core when they have taken it and my skink priests use the lore of death.

The List:
Lord- Oldblood:BS Quetzl, BS Sotek, BS Itzl,Cold One, Light Armour, Shield, Blade of the Revered Tzunki- 293pts

Hero- Scar-Vet:GW, Light Armour, Shield, Charm of the Jag Warrior, BS Sotek, BS Quetzl- 148pts

Hero- Skink Priest: Lvl 2, BS Quetzl, Dispel Scroll- 130pts

Hero- Skink Priest: Lvl 2, BS Quetzl, Dispel Scroll- 130pts

Core- 10 Skinks: Blowpipes,Scout, BS Quetzl-75pts

Core- 12 Skinks: Shields and Javelins,BS Quetzl- 77 pts

Special- 3 Kroxigor- 174pts

Special- 3 Kroxigor- 174pts

Special- 3 Terradons- 105pts

Rare- 3 Salamanders- 195pts

Rare- 3 Salamanders- 195pts

Total: 2000pts

Thoughts? All comments are welcome, thanks for any help
-TDR

brambleten
30-08-2007, 10:26
sotek isnt always a good idea, as its 20 points for 1 extra attack. i would only go with that if i was playing dwarves or someone without any magic. otherwise, i would take tepok for the extra dispell dice(always useful) nice choice of sacred host!

The_Dragon_Rising
30-08-2007, 10:41
It is a sacred host meaning every unit that can must have the same sacred spawning,(Quetzl), they stay core when they have taken it and my skink priests use the lore of death.

sotek isnt always a good idea, as its 20 points for 1 extra attack. i would only go with that if i was playing dwarves or someone without any magic. otherwise, i would take tepok for the extra dispell dice(always useful) nice choice of sacred host!

Im playing Quetzl which is the +1 to save, i find this to be useful in all situations, shooting, magic (missiles, etc), and combat. Sotek is only on the two combat saurus who move fast enough to make use of it.

Tepok was one i considered but on the skink units and characters it cost 20 points instead of the 5 for quetzl which meant i was paying ~250 points just for spawnings and i will rarely need ~13 dispel dice.

The_Dragon_Rising
01-09-2007, 07:28
I played a game using the list yesterday and got beaten,(fanatics really hurt), but i leart some lessons from it and also i now have a new list which is edited in the first page.

It has removed the saurus who quite frankly sucked and added in some more skinks and 2 more salamanders.