PDA

View Full Version : New Gang - Orlock worker's union

Weagmacht
30-08-2007, 20:51
So I'm new to Necromunda, and I was hoping the the years of experience collected at these forums might help me to refine the gang I've assembled so far.

As the post states, it's an Orlock gang, which may seem somewhat ho-hum, but I think my take on these guys is solid enough to give them a real personality.

I am a big fan of the Dropkick Murphys and their songs about the working class, blue-collar workers, dealing with union strikes and the like, and it made sense to me the Orlock gangs might easily be groups similar to union workers. They could be fed up with the working conditions of the forges in the underhive, and have decided to show solidarity by banding together and giving those other gangs a good kicking - "striking" if you will.

So with that in mind, I decided on an Irish heritage for the gangers, and attempted to arm them as simply as I could, with a few simple ornamentations for the leader and heavy. I scoured heritage websites for modern irish names, and here's what I came up with:

==Orlock Iron-Forge Union
==(OI-FU)

Seamus - Leader - Chainsword, Lasgun, Knife - 170cr.
Riley - Heavy - Heavy Stubber, Knife - 180cr.
Murphy - Ganger - Shotgun w/MS rounds, Knife - 75cr.
Felim - Ganger - Lasgun, Knife - 75cr.
Cillian - Ganger - Lasgun, Knife - 75cr.
Finn - Ganger - Shotgun w/MS rounds, Knife - 75cr.
Liam - Ganger - Autogun, Knife - 70cr.
Oran - Juve - Laspistol, Knife - 40cr.
Patrick - Juve - Laspistol, Knife - 40cr.
Angus - Juve - Autopistol, Knife - 40cr.
Michael - Juve - Autopistol, Knife, Knife - 40cr.

So that's a stash of 115 credits.

At any rate, if anyone has comments or any suggestions, they are most welcome. I don't know the ins and outs of the Necromunda rules as well as most of you, so let me know if I've overlooked something important!

Thanks.

Edit: I've got a tentative first game lined up for this weekend - any input would be awesome! please?

carlisimo
04-09-2007, 17:25
I'm not experienced enough to be helpful... just wanted to say I love that theme =].

Weagmacht
04-09-2007, 17:28
Thanks. A union gang made a lot of sense to me!

Eazy-O
05-09-2007, 09:33
Darn, i missed your thread the first time around. The theme's quite cool and the large amount of juves shows it.

It actually looks like a nice solid list. To be completely honest, i don't like laspistols that much, but for a bit of variety, they're okay. Also, i like to take a wee bit more gangers, just in case some go Out Of Action, so i can still work all the territories.

That much stash is a bit too much, if you ask me... Why are you keeping it?

Weagmacht
05-09-2007, 15:46
I was starting to worry that people were tired of seeing "New Gang" in thread titles! ;)

Thanks for your input.

That much stash is a bit too much, if you ask me... Why are you keeping it?

Well, I honestly couldn't figure out what to spend it on. Maybe another ganger, but I'm just not sure. I always see the recommendation of more gangers to cover for some going OOA during a fight.

Another Ganger with, say, an autogun would put me at 12 men - borderline for making a decent profit.

I have a question about that - suppose I roll up a free juve from one (or both) of my settlements, does that count towards my gang size for calculating income for that round? Or is it only considered in the next fight's post-game sequence?

I've tried to find it in the 2005 and 2007 rules reviews and FAQs at SG... either I'm not looking in the right place or it didn't come up? Anyway, I'll stop for now. Thanks for any clarifications!

edit: Revisions?

==Orlock Iron-Forge Union
==(OI-FU)

Seamus - Leader - Chainsword, Lasgun, Knife - 170cr.
Riley - Heavy - Heavy Stubber, Knife - 180cr.
Murphy - Ganger - Shotgun w/MS rounds, Knife - 75cr.
Felim - Ganger - Lasgun, Knife - 75cr.
Cillian - Ganger - Lasgun, Knife - 75cr.
Finn - Ganger - Shotgun w/MS rounds, Knife - 75cr.
Liam - Ganger - Autogun, Knife - 70cr.
Sean - Ganger - Autogun, Knife - 70 cr.
Oran - Juve - Laspistol, Knife - 40cr.
Patrick - Juve - Laspistol, Knife - 40cr.
Angus - Juve - Autopistol, Knife - 40cr.
Michael - Juve - Autopistol, Knife, Knife - 40cr.

Stash of 45 credits.

Territories

Drinking Hole - D6x10 Credits
Old Ruins (x2) - 10 Credits
Settlement (x2) - 30 Credits, free Juve on D6 roll of 6

Eazy-O
05-09-2007, 22:26
I have a question about that - suppose I roll up a free juve from one (or both) of my settlements, does that count towards my gang size for calculating income for that round? Or is it only considered in the next fight's post-game sequence?

The territory rules state that on a 6, you may _recruit_ a juve for free. Recruiting new members is done in the trading stage of the post-battle sequence, which takes place after you work out your income. In short, the free juve(s) do not count for income in the same post-battle sequence as they are recruited.

New gangs looks solid. :)

Weagmacht
05-09-2007, 22:48
Thanks for the clarification.

It's been kind of confusing trying to figure that sort of stuff out, espeically as the ORB seems to be, well, less than completely proofread.

Anyway, I'll have to magic me up an autogun tonight for the new ganger... Good thing I have a bin of extra lasguns sitting around.