PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Dwarfs - balanced (hopefully)

Khornies & milk
31-08-2007, 10:28
Hey All
I've been putting the above list together for a while now, but am getting close. I need the advice from some Longbeards to ensure I'm on the right track - so here goes nothing.

Thane (General) - joins Ironbreakers
GW
MRo Swiftness
Ro Fury
Ro Cleaving
Ro Stone

Thane (BSB) - joins Longbeards
GW
MRo Spite
MRo Gromril

Runesmith - joins Warriors
3 x Ro Spellbreaking
HW
Shield

Warriors (24)
HW
Shields
FC

Longbeards (24)
GW/HW
Shields
FC
Ro Courage
Ro Determination

Thunderers (10)
Shields

Quarrellers (10)
Shields

Quarrellers/Rangers (10)
HW/GW
Shields

Ironbreakers (20)
Ro Courage
Ro Determination
FC

Slayers (5)
Muso

Cannon
Ro Forging

BT's (2)
1 has Engineer w/ Handgun, Ro Seeking
1 has Engineer w/ BoP's, Ro Penetrating

Organ Gun

Goblin Hewer

What would you suggest for the last 31 points.
The 5 Slayers are just because I have them, but I figure they can boost the Goblin Hewer's defence.

Also, what would you suggest for the next 500 points.
I'm leaning towards a Gyrocopter, a second squad of 25 Warriors, and a
Daemon Slayer as I have one.

I would love some feedback from you lot, so thanks in advance.
cheers.

RavenBloodwind
31-08-2007, 17:26
Fundamentally a solid list.

A few thoughts:
The general is a bit lightly protected and you can't put weapon runes on a great weapon without the MRoKragg which then precludes you taking the MRoSwiftness. I'd think about a plain great weapon and better protection or alternatively a handweapon with your current runes with a shield added.

For the runesmith I find the MRoBalance and a RoSpellbreak more useful as I get one of my opponents power dice every turn.

Your troops are generally fine. Not sure what a musician adds to slayers as they're unbreakable and so will never need to rally. They're never going to tie a combat that they can then win with a musician and I don't see a crazed dwarf clubbing a troll to death with a tuba, but that's just me.

I'd also drop the weapon upgrades on the BT engineers. You want these guys BS upgrade to the war machine which means they can't shoot their personal missile weapons in that turn. The difference in 2 pistols vs 1 handweapon for the engineer if he's fighting is probably not worth the points invested.

I've also never been fond of the organ gun (well, it was great in 5th ed, but...). I'd consider swapping it for another pair of BTs or another cannon in which case you'd need to drop the trollslayers. Since they're not even much of a speed bump, I don't think they'd be missed.

For what you add next, a gyrocopter can be lots of fun. Flame cannons can be really effective against low ld (goblin, skaven) troops. More infantry is never the wrong answer either.

Khornies & milk
31-08-2007, 22:40
Thanks for the reply.
I was trying to make the Thane of Pain, but forgot about the GW having to be a HW. I might make him the Fridge instead.

I will follow your advice on the Engineers and just make them standard - saves me 10 pts as well.

I love my Organ Gun, and I find 1 Cannon enough as I have my 2 BT's for Chariot hunting.

I play against Chaos mainly, so the Flame Cannon doesn't quite fit my needs.

Thanks for the comments - great to know I'm basically on the right track.

Cheers

ZuZ
01-09-2007, 20:39
Might want to add some more guys to your unit of slayers, because 5 is just a waste of points and a special slot. Also, the Ironbreakers and Longbeards have identical standards, which is illegal.

Khornies & milk
01-09-2007, 23:23
Might want to add some more guys to your unit of slayers, because 5 is just a waste of points and a special slot. Also, the Ironbreakers and Longbeards have identical standards, which is illegal.

Damn, thanks for spotting that - should have picked that one up myself.
I only use the Slayers when I have the Goblin Hewer on the field, just to bolster its defences.
When I go to 3K I will add another 10 to make them more viable as a stand alone unit.
cheers