PDA

View Full Version : The Emperor's weakening

Astner
31-08-2007, 14:29
Well, there have been some arguements about when th Emperor fought Horus, at which point did he depower himself causing him to fall in near-death state?
Many people say it was that he used a part of his life-essence to drive out Horus' daemons.
Other claim it was the damage Horus inflicted upon him.

Side question: Why didn't the Emperor drive out the daemons in the first place, he knew Horus had fallen, but not how far. :confused:

Typheron
31-08-2007, 14:33
Because he still saw him as his son and hoped that he could be redeamed, it was only after Horus killed someone who walked in on the fight (marine/IG bloke/not sure who) and Horus killed them without pitty that the Emperor knew he was lost and thus could bring himself to kill him.

Its clearly stated in all versions of the fluff that it was the wounds inflicted in the fight.

Rockerfella
31-08-2007, 14:41
Wow. It never amazes me the lengths people will go to to justify the Emperors wounds at the hands of Horus. It sounds to me like you're suggesting that the Emperor killed himself? And it had nothing to do with the colossal woundage hammered onto him by horus? Are you suggesting that The emperor powered himself DOWN so that Horus had a chance, and in doing so... put himself into a near death trance?

I've never actually heard before that the Emperor 'depowered' himself? Why on earth would he do that? Or do you mean that the Emperor maybe didn't use all his power to fight off Horus when he had the chance?

I'm very confused at this point! :)

Cheers!

Typheron
31-08-2007, 14:48
I think the point hes tryign to make is the Emperor "dumped" so much of his energy into the killing blow it drainned him to the point of death.

But i agian state "Its clearly stated in all versions of the Fluff that it was the wounds inflicted in the fight."

The pestilent 1
31-08-2007, 15:04
Wow. It never amazes me the lengths people will go to to justify the Emperors wounds at the hands of Horus. It sounds to me like you're suggesting that the Emperor killed himself? And it had nothing to do with the colossal woundage hammered onto him by horus? Are you suggesting that The emperor powered himself DOWN so that Horus had a chance, and in doing so... put himself into a near death trance?

I've never actually heard before that the Emperor 'depowered' himself? Why on earth would he do that? Or do you mean that the Emperor maybe didn't use all his power to fight off Horus when he had the chance?

I'm very confused at this point! :)

Cheers!

I have the story if you want it.

Basically, The big E didn't want to go all out on Horus (Although he wasnt consciously aware of this) because he felt his Favored son could still be saved.
After getting his butt handed to him (Lost an arm, huge chest wounds etcetera etcetera) the Big E focused a single overwhelming Psychic assault upon Horus, and as he delivered the blow Horus realised what he had done, asked for forgiviness and bowed to the Emperors attack.

Rockerfella
31-08-2007, 15:31
Thank god. I thought so. However, I thought for one minute he was attempting to claim that the emperor had 'downpowered' on purpose to justify his 'butt handing' from Horus.

Stranger things have happened..... :)

Astner
31-08-2007, 16:20
But why didn't he use his psychic abilities to drive out the Chaos energy out of his body in the first place?

And wouldn't those wound heal after 10 millennias?
- I mean a slitten throat, one arm less, two bursted eye-balls - Wouldn't their medics be able to take care of that?

Ktotwf
31-08-2007, 16:25
Medics aren't allowed within the Throne Room, only the all mighty Custodes may go there.

Also, the Inquisition is averse to "healing" the Emperor in any way, because they are afraid of how he might have changed (aka gone batshit insane)

Astner
31-08-2007, 16:30
Medics aren't allowed within the Throne Room, only the all mighty Custodes may go there.

Also, the Inquisition is averse to "healing" the Emperor in any way, because they are afraid of how he might have changed (aka gone batshit insane)
That makes absolutely no sense.
The Emperor belived in science, and why do they then think the God version of him would be 'nice'.

ryng_sting
31-08-2007, 18:18
The Emperor also knew about the warp and what it contains - as do the Inquisition. Never mind that catastrophic civil war would follow, they fear the Emperor's sojourn into the warp will have altered him in some way. He's not just a body, you know.