PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point's tornement army VC

Necronoxz
31-08-2007, 14:46
Hi I have next week a tornement here and I go to play this list of vampire counts. Unfortuny I turn in my list at monday so I have a few day's left to reconsturct my list I like to know all your openion's and mayby some hint's.

Regards, Bas

here is the list 2000pnt Vampire count:

Lord:
Blood dragon Vampire lord (285)
Riding: barded nightmare (+6 barding +12 Nightmare)
Magic: level 3 wizard (+50)
Weapons: Hand weapon, Lance (+6)
Armour: full plated
Magic:
- Heart piercing (25)
- Master strike (25)
- Red Fury (30)
- Strength of steel (15)
Totaal cost: 454

Heroes:
Vampire thrall (80)
Riding: barded nightmare (+4 barding +8 Nightmare)
Magic: none
Weapons: Lance (4)
Armour: Heavy armour (4)
Magic:
- Dispel scroll (25)
- Strength of steel (15)
- Enchanted shield (10)
Totaal cost: 150

Necromancer (65)
Magic: Level 2 wizard (+35)
Weapons: hand weapon
Armour: None
Magic:
- Book of arkhan (25)
- Dispel scroll (25)
Total cost: 162

TOTAAL CHARACTERíS COST: 766

Core Unitís
6 Dire wolves 60 punten
6 Dire wolves 60 punten
6 Dire wolves 60 punten
6 Ghouls 48 Punten
6 Ghouls 48 Punten
6 Ghouls 48 Punten

Special Unitís
9 Black Knights (full commanded) 265 punten
Banner: Banner of the barrows 45 punten
Banner: War banner 25 punten
Banner: screaming banner 40 punten

1995 punten

Numer of modelís: 66
Power dice: 6 (2 from vampire 2 from necromancer 2 from army)
Dispel dice: 4 (1 from vampire 1 from necromancer 2 from army)
Dispel scrolls: 2

Gimp
31-08-2007, 15:15
Well for a start your thrall cant have any item from the arcane section as he is not a magic user so you have to drop the dispel scroll.

Instead just give it to the Necromaner and drop the Book.

Its a fast list for undead list and I like the wolves i will give you that. Not to sure about the Thrall though maybe the Wright Lord with sword of Kings would be cheaper and better. Personally I like the wraith on the stead (not barded) with an obsidion amulet riding around scaring enemy units, bringing our fanaticas, killing warmachines and scouts. But he is a bit too expensive for what he does and in this list the Wright lord would be better.

Try add a black coach as well those things are pretty cool plus your enemy will shoot at it and not your Knights which is what you want. Maybe drop some wolves and ghouls.

Your Lord might be hurt by strong enemy characters like Chaos Lords and Elf Princes and Highborns so make sure he is not charged and if you do charge a killy character make sure you kill him before he kills you (which as a blood dragon is pretty easy).

EvC
31-08-2007, 15:25
You can't give a Dispel Scroll to a Blood Dragon Thrall... as noted above. Do you intend to raise new Skeletons?

Necronoxz
31-08-2007, 15:47
Well for a start your thrall cant have any item from the arcane section as he is not a magic user so you have to drop the dispel scroll.

You can't give a Dispel Scroll to a Blood Dragon Thrall...

Im sorry to say this a thrall CAN have dispell scrolls all characters can have this... it's a nomaal commen item and not a arcane item... look in your army book ;)

Your Lord might be hurt by strong enemy characters like Chaos Lords and Elf Princes and Highborns so make sure he is not charged and if you do charge a killy character make sure you kill him before he kills you (which as a blood dragon is pretty easy).

this is a little depent on yourself make sure U charge and dont get charged with a range of 16" I think it is good posible to charge myself ;)

Try add a black coach as well those things are pretty cool plus your enemy will shoot at it and not your Knights which is what you want. Maybe drop some wolves and ghouls.

I use my gouls to block line of sigh for shooting unit's and war machines. dire wolves can hunt on war machines. In my game this alway's have worked out :)

and black coach is cool but I dont like to play with it sorry

Its a fast list for undead list and I like the wolves i will give you that. Not to sure about the Thrall though maybe the Wright Lord with sword of Kings would be cheaper and better. Personally I like the wraith on the stead (not barded) with an obsidion amulet riding around scaring enemy units, bringing our fanaticas, killing warmachines and scouts. But he is a bit too expensive for what he does and in this list the Wright lord would be better.

I think I have more trust in my thrall than in the Wright lord so that's the reson my choice fall on the thrall I played with the wright lord also and it works but a thrall is stronger with a WS from 8 (+2 from blood dragon) and a S8 on the charge :) it's verry hard to kill also with a 1+ armour save so I stik with the thrall

Gimp
31-08-2007, 16:07
I can understand not wanting to take the Coach but there is 2 things you should consider.

1. Your THRALL CANNOT TAKE THE DISPEL SCROLL. Yes the dispel scroll is a common magic item so all races can have it but it is a common ARCANE item so only magic users can have. And if it is for a tourny you might get a bit of flack.

2. A Mounted Wright Lord with an enchanted shield and sword of kings is cheaper than your (illegal) thrall, has the same armour save and he has a very good killing blow. His lower weapon skill does not matter if you put him in the unit with the Banner of Burrows and he has a high leadership which is good if your general dies.

Necronoxz
31-08-2007, 16:32
1. Your THRALL CANNOT TAKE THE DISPEL SCROLL. Yes the dispel scroll is a common magic item so all races can have it but it is a common ARCANE item so only magic users can have. And if it is for a tourny you might get a bit of flack.
Realy I think this is legel. But I going to read this again ;) and ask everybody in the erea here ;)

2. A Mounted Wright Lord with an enchanted shield and sword of kings is cheaper than your (illegal) thrall, has the same armour save and he has a very good killing blow. His lower weapon skill does not matter if you put him in the unit with the Banner of Burrows and he has a high leadership which is good if your general dies.

I have 3 battle's tomorrow so I go and try this:

I go trow out the thrall and I take:
Wight lord 60
Riding: barded Nightmare (+4 barding +8 Nightmare)
Armour: Heavy armour (4) enchanted shield (10)
Weapons: sword of kings (25)

Totaal cost: 111

the thrall cost 150 so I save 39 points
I trow out Banner: screaming banner 40 punten
so I save totaal 79 point's and I had 5 left so I have 84 left to spent
and I try to take 4 fell bat's for 80 point's ;)

and I look what's bether playing ;)

sephiroth87
31-08-2007, 18:10
I believe your army book and the rulebook both list it as an arcane item, along with the staff of sorcery and power stones. You're wrong and I encourage you to look it up.

Second, why is everyone calling them Wright Lords? Is that some kind of non-English spelling? It's a Wight. Sorry to be picky, but it's a difference between an undead king and the guys who invented a plane.

Third, if you're wanting to make the list as hard as possible, knock the vampire lord down to a count. Take off most of the blood dragon powers and give him the sword that gives extra power dice. 6 power dice will be completely knocked down in a tournament and you want enough to get through.

You'll still have more points left over after the sword so I suggest another necromancer or power familiar.

Rabban
01-09-2007, 01:49
I don't know if it's a typo but your Lord doesn't have a shield. I definitely recommend one of these.

From the unit strengths it looks like you're planning on running the knights 5 wide, have you considered going six wide for the extra attack? With units ranked 5 wide in 7th ed you can now get 6 knights in contact with the front of any ranked unit.

The dispel scroll is definitely an arcane item, see p122 of the BRB. Instead consider giving your thrall the cursed book, and maybe even making him the BSB. This will reduce his combat punch slightly, but the extra combat res is useful, as it the protection from a bad round of combat.

You don't have much magic so I doubt you'll successfully cast much. Consider dropping the book and giving the necromancer another dispel scroll. You may as well make him a lvl 1 as well.

If you can find the points to squeeze in a unit of 5 bats they will prove very useful. A lot of enemies may flee from your charges, if you put a unit of bats behind them this may discourage them.

Azmazi
01-09-2007, 07:42
Personally I would say keep the thrall, I find them much more useful overall. I would also suggest dropping the strength of steel on both the Lord and the Thrall, giving the Lord the Black Periapt so he can get an extra power die, and giving the Thrall the blood power Red Fury, this way he has 4 attacks on the charge.

Drop the Book of Ark from the necro, main reason being is most of your army is mounted, or either fast as it is, so its not needed nearly as much, and give him another dispel scroll.

Lastly drop the screaming banner, tried it and it sucks....
Give the lord a shield (yeah he was right, you forgot that in the profile heh.)

With the points left over you could always add in some more units.

Necronoxz
03-09-2007, 19:11
tnx all for your reactions I make a little chance in my list and it work out great now :) at friday saterday and sunday I played 7 games and all won with a massacre so this army now is realy work out for me, here is the new list I show you all ;)

and this tropic is closed for me now ;)

Regards, Bas
and tnx all for your coment and tips ;)

Blood dragon Vampire lord (285)
Riding: barded nightmare (+6 barding +12 Nightmare)
Magic: level 3 wizard (+50)
Weapons: Hand weapon, Lance (+6)
Armour: full plated, shield (+3)
Magic items: - Heart piercing (25) - Red Fury (30) – Black periapt (15) – Dispel scroll (25)
Total cost: 457

Heroes:
Vampire thrall (80)
Magic: none
Weapons: Lance (4)
Armour: Heavy armour (4)
Magic items: - Red Fury (30) - Enchanted shield (10)
Total cost: 140

Necromancer (65)
Magic: Level 2 wizard (+35)
Weapons: hand weapon
Armour: None
Magic items: - Book of arkhan (25) - Dispel scroll (25)
Total cost: 162

Core Unit’s
6 Dire wolves 60 punten
6 Dire wolves 60 punten
6 Dire wolves 60 punten
5 Dire wolves 50 Punten
6 Ghouls 48 Punten
6 Ghouls 48 Punten
6 Ghouls 48 Punten

Special Unit’s
Banner: Banner of the barrows 45 punten
Banner: War banner 25 punten

Totaal army point’s 1998 punten

Numer of model’s: 71
Power dice: 6
Dispel dice: 5
Dispel scrolls: 2

Omegakai
03-09-2007, 21:24
Second, why is everyone calling them Wright Lords? Is that some kind of non-English spelling? It's a Wight. Sorry to be picky, but it's a difference between an undead king and the guys who invented a plane.

I suggest reading this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Pearse

They were the first to build an aircraft capable of sustained flight and low speeds and low altitudes . not the first to build a plan, or to even fly a motorized aircraft.

In regards to the army list it seems like a normal VC GT list.
and i wish you the best of luck.

sephiroth87
04-09-2007, 16:43
Thanks. I was making a joke. :D

By the way, I didn't say they were the first to invent a plane. I just said they invented one.

You've been outgeeked!

Necronoxz
11-09-2007, 08:14
I finish in the top 10 (8th) on the tourny :)
there were 78 players
if i just did some more painting I was being between place 1-3 ;)
so this army works out :D

sephiroth87
12-09-2007, 01:39
Congrats, dude! Glad it worked out for you.

pun3d
14-09-2007, 03:27
good job =]

Necronoxz
14-09-2007, 14:42

good job =]

tnx :) :angel:

Necronoxz
14-09-2007, 14:42

tnx :) :angel:

tnx :D :angel:

tropic: closed