PDA

View Full Version : Sanguinius.....

reds8n
31-08-2007, 16:05
..... what happened to his corpse ? I was rereading the "Visions" series t'other night and realised at the end they don't mention what happened to his body. I know Abaddon must have left orbit with the barge pretty sharpish after Dorn teleported back down with the Emperor's body, and it seems unlikely to me that he would have left his fallen brothers' body in the hands of the traitors, so I guess he must have had it taken back as well.

Anyone read/heard anything about his body ? If they did leave it behind-- due to time constraints for example then seeing as they cloned Horus from his dead body.......

Captain Stern
31-08-2007, 16:26
In the 2nd part of the Lion and the Wolf story when Russ is in the Emperor's audience chamber Rogal Dorn comes in carrying the Emperor's body and behind him are some of his men carrying Sanguinius.

reds8n
31-08-2007, 16:39
Where's that from then ? Sounds familiar. No further idea what happened to his body though ? You'd think the BA would have it in stasis or a memorial or similar like the Ultramarines.

Captain Stern
31-08-2007, 16:45
From the old Angels of Death codex and also in an old White Dwarf. I think it was issue 234, although I'm probably wrong. Is it in the "fluff bible"?

CrimsonTider
31-08-2007, 19:09
From what I understood, the BA took the body back with them to Baal. There, they pulled his blood from his body to use as a aource of geneseed. Without his blood, the chapter would cease to exist. It is said the body was entombed, and his blood is kep in the grail, as well as in the veins of his apothcaries.

All of the above is stuff gleaned from various sources... don't ask me which, because it has been way too long since I read any of that. ;-)

Spider
31-08-2007, 22:14
From what I understood, the BA took the body back with them to Baal. There, they pulled his blood from his body to use as a aource of geneseed. Without his blood, the chapter would cease to exist. It is said the body was entombed, and his blood is kep in the grail, as well as in the veins of his apothcaries.

All of the above is stuff gleaned from various sources... don't ask me which, because it has been way too long since I read any of that. ;-)

Thats how i remember it being, after the HH the Blood Angels were so ravaged they were forced to go directely to Sangys body for geneseed (and whatever else is needed for the Marine recipe)...which was the reason for the Black Rage, and probably the Red Thirst also i.e his death agonies was imprinted upon his body tissue, which didn't become apparent for many years...by which time the damage was both done and irrepairable.

Hence they must have actually had possession of his body.

VanHel
01-09-2007, 05:27
I seem to remember somewhere that they had also built a huge shrine to house his corpse, and that it was a massive pilgrimage site.