PDA

View Full Version : Orkimedes

Dalenator
31-08-2007, 16:45
Orkimedes is apparently the Ork who created Ghazkhulls fancy gubbinz such as The Tellyporta, Ork Roks, stronger Traktor beamz and Stronger shieldz.

So my question is this. Who is he, Are there any more of his crazed Inventions and where did he come from? :confused:

Thanks for all input (Especially Orky-talk input).:cool:

Mechanicus
31-08-2007, 16:49
We don't even know if he exists - he is supposedly an Ork Mek which the Imperium theorises is behind Ghazghull's new tek-no-lejy, including the improved Rokz, as well. We know nothing more, I'm afraid. :)

Andyalloverdaplace
31-08-2007, 18:55
Bah,
Orkimedes iz dis ded klever mek. Da Boss sez dat he had a shop wun down from da doc who patched Ghazghulls hed waaay back.
'Es got a 'ole 'ulk uv gubbinz dat nobuddys seen yet, 'es just waiting to try dem out. Dats why 'e runz wit Ghazghull, Ghaz iz 'appy to let 'im 'ave a go uv it, and da humies make for good sport.
Me? I gotz to play wit' 'is one uv 'is gubbins, da squig squeeze gun. Squeezed the squig 'ard 'nuff it shot out da uver end and 'thru a buggy. Gonna use dat next scrap I can.

Dalenator
31-08-2007, 19:33
Bah,
Orkimedes iz dis ded klever mek. Da Boss sez dat he had a shop wun down from da doc who patched Ghazghulls hed waaay back.
'Es got a 'ole 'ulk uv gubbinz dat nobuddys seen yet, 'es just waiting to try dem out. Dats why 'e runz wit Ghazghull, Ghaz iz 'appy to let 'im 'ave a go uv it, and da humies make for good sport.
Me? I gotz to play wit' 'is one uv 'is gubbins, da squig squeeze gun. Squeezed the squig 'ard 'nuff it shot out da uver end and 'thru a buggy. Gonna use dat next scrap I can.

Oh my god I love that , very funny.

ArtificerArmour
31-08-2007, 20:04
He's probably the worse name pun I've ever heard :p

DantesInferno
31-08-2007, 22:30
He's probably the worse name pun I've ever heard :p

Ironic really, seeing that his boss is Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka.

Kegluneq
01-09-2007, 09:47
Ironic really, seeing that his boss is Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka.

...I don't get it. :(

Richter Kless
01-09-2007, 11:13
Orkimedes is obviously based on the great ancient Greek scientist, philosopher ´Archimedes´

ArtificerArmour
01-09-2007, 12:09
Orkimedes is obviously based on the great ancient Greek scientist, philosopher ´Archimedes´

And Mag Uruk Thraka on the iron lady, Margaret Thatcher.

Yarrick, probably Yorrik from shakespear.

Sandlemad
01-09-2007, 15:01
And Mag Uruk Thraka on the iron lady, Margaret Thatcher.

That one really is terribly good.
So is Orkimedes a real ork or just a hypothetical mastermind theorised by the Imperium?

ArtificerArmour
01-09-2007, 16:58
I believe he's real, personally.

Darkhorse
01-09-2007, 18:16
The Imperium theorised his existance from Ghazghkull's improved technology.
No-one has been able to identify him as an individual ork, though the best candidate of the special characters would be Wazzdakka Gutzmek.
The Hulk that Parol engaged on the fringes of the Armageddon system showed higher speed than expected, as you might expect from a speed freak.

I can't remember if there was a mek mentioned in the Piscina IV campaign.
Ghazghkull's original Mek was Gorbog who was supposed to be drawing up plans for:- "Somfink big an' shooty wiv' lotsz of gunz" He built a tinboy for Ghazghkull and was armed with a kustom grenade launcha and a kustom force field. He was responsible for a Scorcher.

Also in Ghazghkull's original warband was an Evil Sun Mek called Mekgog or Magrot, (depending on which page you read) he had a heavy bolter and kustom force field. He was responsible for 2 War buggies.