PDA

View Full Version : Damoculus Command Tank (FW)

From Shadows
31-08-2007, 19:08
Is this vechile worth taking ? and to anyone who has one how did it work out for you in game terms? or do you think this vechile might be better suited for appocalyse.(any help ,advice or information would be greatly appreciated.:D

Bookwrak
31-08-2007, 19:22
Well, it is a rhino, so it's not that tough. However, depending on how the rules work in Apocalypse, using it to get access to different kind of orbital strikes is useful.

Stella Cadente
31-08-2007, 19:31
it can give you orbital strikes and allows marines to buy Imperial fighters and looks awesome, the fact its a rhino means nothing as it can hide, however it is a HQ

From Shadows
31-08-2007, 19:42
{it can give you orbital strikes and allows marines to buy Imperial fighters and looks awesome,} take from Stella Cadente.

Can you elborate on this being able to buy Imperial fighters?Sorry do not have the rule book in front of me (at work):cries:

Bunnahabhain
31-08-2007, 19:50
Imperial fighters- Lightnings and thunderbolts- are normally restricted to guard armies only.
You need to buy the communication rhino to allow the Marines, who do not normally use imperial navy support, to communicate with them.

Triggerdog
31-08-2007, 20:01
I routinely field my Damocles in my marine army just so I ccan have the Improved Comms re-roll and an orbital strike. My marine army's paint scheme is black and grey with additional colors denoting ranks and such. The Damocles stands out because I painted it in camo patterns. The rest of my army is about as stealthy as a Badger in a store full of small children but the Damocles is all like "You cant see me, lolz!".

Totally worth taking in my opinion, especially if you have alot of reserves because it helps you get them into the fight quicker.

Green Grot
31-08-2007, 20:09
I've been considering getting one for a while now, I love the model and it means I'll be able to use a Lightning/Thunderbolt in my army.

And considering it doesn't cost many more points than a regular rhino I think they're worth taking.

From Shadows
31-08-2007, 21:09
Thanks for the replys everyone,if anyone else has any experience with this vechile please relay the info.