PDA

View Full Version : every been in an issue of UK white dwarf?

kairous
01-09-2007, 11:58
Hope this is the right forum to post this is in, and i didn't see another post like it.
Anyway i was just wandering if anyone on here has ever been in WD, just wandering as they seem to be showing pictures from their stores alot more recently in the magazine (probably to show what kinds of people do this hobby).
Well i have been in it, the 30th anniversary issue (issue 330), anyway its the issue with the dark angels day party/epsom opening photos in, im the guy getting his books signed by dan abnett (yes all those books on the desk are mine, and he did sign them all, as he is a dude), im also in the picture in the bottom right, the one with everyone shouting (im wearing a decepticon t-shirt if that helps, transformers rock).
So has anyone got an WD experiances they would like to share?

squiggoth
01-09-2007, 12:09
Both my ugly hungover mug and my Nurgle army have been featured in the UK WD with the Battle Sister on the front cover (290something?) and some earlier ones. From what I've heard, the current articles about Outriders still show the same photographs from a couple of years ago so I'm still in it ... I guess WD should be R-rated despite it's current lack of content. :p

Come to think of it, the Wolf-mounted purple-and-yellow Goblin warboss in the opposite picture is also mine, painted it as Ellen's birthday gift. Yay I'm famous. :p

heretics bane
01-09-2007, 17:59
I was metentioned in the whispers from the warp before they got rid of it and what the guys where working on etc.

Art Is Resistance
01-09-2007, 18:09
Yup.

I was in it for ages on the store finder pages in the early - mid 90's playing Epic with a mate - then again just after the release of Warhammer last year.

The differnence in the pictures made me feel old..

reds8n
01-09-2007, 18:14
There's an appalling :o photo of me in an article concerning the Uk GTs. Been drinking a fair bit, not quite drunk and trying not too laugh does not make for a good photo.

kairous
01-09-2007, 19:32
cool cool, its nice to hear from all you guys, just wandering though, if possible could you post magazine issue numbers, and or pages in that issue, so we can find you, LOL.

kairous
01-09-2007, 19:33
Both my ugly hungover mug and my Nurgle army have been featured in the UK WD with the Battle Sister on the front cover (290something?) and some earlier ones. From what I've heard, the current articles about Outriders still show the same photographs from a couple of years ago so I'm still in it ... I guess WD should be R-rated despite it's current lack of content. :p

Come to think of it, the Wolf-mounted purple-and-yellow Goblin warboss in the opposite picture is also mine, painted it as Ellen's birthday gift. Yay I'm famous. :p

i have that issue, i shall get it out later and have a gander

Rider-Of-Kurnous
01-09-2007, 20:15
I havn't but I go to cogs and the guy who runs it (Tony) has been in an old white dwarf in a battle report. I don't know which one it is but somewhere around 300.

colmarekblack
01-09-2007, 22:57
I haven't but my friend Phillipa is on page 105 of WD331. Shes the girl with the long hair and corset-dress.

Gaius_Baltar
02-09-2007, 02:23
I've never been in a WD.. But I have been in the U.S.&Canadian 2001 Complete Catalogue.

reds8n
02-09-2007, 12:05
I've never been in a WD.. But I have been in the U.S.&Canadian 2001 Complete Catalogue.

:confused:.. so were you a limited edition or perhaps a skulls promotion ? ;)

Sabbad
02-09-2007, 12:11
I was in WD 316 (ironically the worst WD of all time...) in the Whispers in the Warp section of the Letters Page.

Crube
02-09-2007, 14:07
I was in WD issue 185 (*feels oh so old*), although not in pictorial form... I worte an article in there, the Castle Tactic thingummy.

As for piccy wise, remember the old picturesin the old MO pages, with things like 'Scott picks a new copy of Talisman for a customer'

They were my colleagues, and I knedw all of them - That was where I worked for 4 years...

Keravin
02-09-2007, 14:44
My old housemate used to be pictured on the store information in the UK looking like he was playing a game. Almost certainly because he was/is working for BL.

Probably not pictured but the group I'm part of would have been mentioned in old reports about open days they used to run at the Citadel factory when we used to go give large demos there. That'll have been pre Warhammer 3rd edition though.

blongbling
02-09-2007, 16:45
I was in WD issue 185 (*feels oh so old*), although not in pictorial form... I worte an article in there, the Castle Tactic thingummy.

As for piccy wise, remember the old picturesin the old MO pages, with things like 'Scott picks a new copy of Talisman for a customer'

They were my colleagues, and I knedw all of them - That was where I worked for 4 years...

ah, happy days......it all seemed so much simplier back then :P

asmodai_dark86
02-09-2007, 18:14
Crube is that the one where you had artillary at the top, archers around that, and infantry round that? It was the one with warhammer quest on the cover iirc (or ultramarines, one of the two)

Christ that was a brilliant article, Used to read it all the time years back - happier days fella, and thanks for the article.

Mad Doc Grotsnik
02-09-2007, 19:57
I have. Once. Sort of.

I was in a crowd from Conflict London, right back when it all began. I was facing backwards....

kairous
02-09-2007, 20:02
LOL, im going to have to dig around in my WD collection abit more, as alot of these issues i recognise from description.

punygreenskins
02-09-2007, 20:27
Yup - funnily enough me and one of my best friends appeared in WD328. Although we would like to think it was for our expert gaming, unbelievable good looks and damn good army at the Warhammer doubles tournament last year, it was more likely the fact that we had managed to drag both our wives along as partners! As they were both blonde then it was only to be expected that they would catch the photographer's eye ;-)

Glabro
02-09-2007, 22:46

What, you wrote the Castle tactic? I still own and remember that article! Good job, I wish that kind of stuff was featured in WD nowadays too.

the1stpip
03-09-2007, 11:53
The articles from non-GWers were usually far better than those that were written by studio staff...

I suppose you don't have to suck up and say 'everything is great, we are the best, blah, blah, blah'

Crube
03-09-2007, 11:56
Asmodai, and Glabro - yep that was me. It's the one wth the Ultramarine on the cover - glad you liked it :D

Oh and the1stpip - I was a GW staffer at the time - I was a mail order phone troll....

Jedi152
03-09-2007, 11:57
At Friar Lane, me and a bunch of mates had an official picture taken for WD of us all playing Blood Bowl shortly after it's release with Colin, the manager at the time (and vampire lookalike).

Thank god it never appeared in print.

*EDIT* Crube, i was looking for that issue so i could read it, sadly, it seems to be one of the hundred or so that my mum thought would be better consigned to the bin when i moved out (along with several army books and my copy of Waaagh the Orks).

Crube
03-09-2007, 12:04
Jedi - mine disappeared too, but I managed to justify the 99p it cost on eBay for a copoy to return to my collection....

Now all I need is a copy of Chronicles of War - it was printed in that too... I know my mum has a copy but...

reds8n
03-09-2007, 12:20
this one ? (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WARHAMMER-CHRONICLES-OF-WAR-SUPPLEMENT-GAMES-WORKSHOP_W0QQitemZ320151997616QQihZ011QQcategoryZ9 0946QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) only .25 at the moment.:)

Crube
03-09-2007, 15:06
That'll be it Mr reds8n Ta Muchly :D

GavT
03-09-2007, 15:14
So has anyone got an WD experiances they would like to share?

Well, I've been in WD a couple of times, but I don't think it would be nice to bore you with the details.

;)

GAV

squiggoth
03-09-2007, 15:18
Well, I've been in WD a couple of times, but I don't think it would be nice to bore you with the details.

;)

GAV

Which issue numbers? :p

Jedi152
03-09-2007, 15:21

;)

GAV
Pah! Tall tales will get you no-where.

:D

Crube
03-09-2007, 15:21
Well, issue 185 with me for a start... back in the day....:rolleyes:

Ninners
03-09-2007, 15:43
I'm not posotive but in an upcoming issue if the English WD I think I am in there for best painted army in the school league :D. I am already on the website and I have been told I should be in WD anytime soon.

McMullet
03-09-2007, 16:23

I got a stack of old WDs from a friend a few weeks back and I happened to stumble across your name in #185... took me a few seconds to figure out where I recognised it from. :p

Crube
03-09-2007, 16:25
he hay...fame and fortune at last ;)