PDA

View Full Version : Getting started in the Underhive.

Gensuke626
02-09-2007, 00:36
So, there's a small contingent of us in Hawaii who are getting ready for a Necromunda campaign. It's my first time into the underhive and I find that...well...I don't have enough money to start up a new modeling project.

I thought about this for a while and I came up with a solution. I'd like to know what all of you think of this gang I came up with...using models that I already own.

"Goliath Gang"
Nobgob'z Diskount Kommandoz
Kaptain Gorgrub Nobgob - Leader w/ Chainsword, Knife, Shotgun - 165
Grimgor Dakamek - Heavy w/ Heavy Bolter, Stubgun & Knife - 250
Snotslaga Badskorcha - Heavy w/ Flamer, Stubgun & Knife -110
Zoggob Uzsnaga - Ganger w/ Autogun, Stubgun, Knife - 80
Gutrot Muggob - Ganger w/ Autogun, Stubgun, Knife - 80
Skarstuf Waadreg - Ganger w/ Shotgun, Stubgun, Knife - 80
Grimfang Skadwort - Ganger w/ Shotgun, Stubgun, Knife - 80
Grotshak - Juve w/ Stubgun & Dum-dum Rounds, Knife - 40
Gorskab - Juve w/ Stubgun & Dum-dum Rounds, Knife - 40

Stash-75 (Hoping to score a Powerfist in the first 3-4 games)
Rating - 1185 before random exp rolls.

By now the design idea should be obvious, Ork Kommandoz have not only gotten into the Underhive, but have started offering their services to House Goliath. Going to end up using my Ork minis that I own to represent the various gangers, and generally plan to play they in proper ork fashion...

But also, I was wondering if someone could tell me if the list is solid?
I plan on letting 'Da Boyz' acquire better and more distinctive weapon choices when (and if) I'm ever rolling in creds.

azimaith
02-09-2007, 02:03
I think I mentioned this before, but you may want to look at Ulleni ratskins for that basic toughness 4.

Tomothy
02-09-2007, 02:37
I don't know whether you're using house weapons lists or not, or which one you are using if you're using them so i'm just going to suggest stuff if you can't use them oh well. The stubguns are terrible. Trade them in for autopistols or boltpistols seriously. Also i generally don't give so many of my guys back up weapons. More bodies has always worked better for me. Also, swords and/or flails for juves works really well. Manstoppers for shotguns are generally considered must have.

Gensuke626
02-09-2007, 22:29
Azimaith, Looked at the Ratskins...still like Goliath Gangers better...I don't mind losing out on T4 to start with. Now if you guys let me build a Hive gang using a modified version of the GorkaMorka Mobs...then again...As long I'm on the subject of good old GorkaMorka...I can just argue that "Da Boyz" are "Diggaz"

Thanks for the advice Tomothy. I'm using the HWL for Goliaths, so Boltpistols are a no-go on anyone but the leader. Initially I picked up stub guns so I could buy Dum-Dums for everyone. I may cut back on the number of stubguns I bought so I can afford them for the models that kinda need them (The heavies.) I also looked at Manstopper rounds, but I didn't see them as being so useful at first. Giving them a second look I may rethink my position. (Didn't notice that it eliminated the -1 at long range).

Angelwing
03-09-2007, 02:11
I would drop all those back up stub guns, and buy a few more juves. Get the man stopper rounds for shotguns, they are the best round by far.

Any how, good luck!
Whats the weather like in Hawaii?

Eazy-O
03-09-2007, 11:51
Well, i don't know about the fluffy side, you may want to play on a planet other then Necromunda if you're using Orks. :)

Anyway...

I would drop the stubguns. All of them. Get juves autopistols. Maybe manstoppers for the shotgunners. Definetely get at least 1 more ganger to work the territories. But, since it's quite likely at least some will go Out Of Action, i'd go with 2 or 3, if you swap the heavy bolter for the stubber.

Gensuke626
05-09-2007, 09:01
There were Orks on Necromunda at some point...There used to be an Ork gang...but I don't know the rules and they haven't been updated. So...

I can see the point of taking manstoppers, and I think I'll do that, but I don't quite understand the hate on the stubgun. I mean, IMHO, 15 creds for a S4 pistol for Melee use is a steal. So what if it blows up here and there cause I insist on Dum-Dums? Da Boyz can survive. And if they don't, then they deserve to die.

Eazy-O
05-09-2007, 10:06
There were Orks on Necromunda at some point...There used to be an Ork gang...but I don't know the rules and they haven't been updated. So...

Are you sure you're not thinking of Gorkamorka? I'm pretty sure there have been no official rules with Orks in Necro. Unless you mean the Purge rules from Outlanders, but they just threw pretty much every critter they managed in that section, just for fun, along with Chaos Demons, Genestealers, Beastmen, Chaos Marines... I dunno, i just don't see them on Necromunda as a gang that works territories and cooperates with house gangs. Maybe on more backwater worlds... Well, if your group is okay with it, who am i to argue? :)

I can see the point of taking manstoppers, and I think I'll do that, but I don't quite understand the hate on the stubgun. I mean, IMHO, 15 creds for a S4 pistol for Melee use is a steal. So what if it blows up here and there cause I insist on Dum-Dums? Da Boyz can survive. And if they don't, then they deserve to die.

I kinda prefer the +2 to hit on short range shooting for those 15 credits. ;) I suppose if you're very CC oriented, the stubguns could work. But, being a WS2 juve and the way combats can go either way via the D6 attack roll, you might not even get to use that S4. I prefer to stand a wee bit back. I do agree it's kinda fluffy though, so kudos on that. :)

Tomothy
05-09-2007, 10:15
Are you sure you're not thinking of Gorkamorka? I'm pretty sure there have been no official rules with Orks in Necro. Unless you mean the Purge rules from Outlanders, but they just threw pretty much every critter they managed in that section, just for fun, along with Chaos Demons, Genestealers, Beastmen, Chaos Marines... I dunno, i just don't see them on Necromunda as a gang that works territories and cooperates with house gangs. Maybe on more backwater worlds... Well, if your group is okay with it, who am i to argue? :)
In one of the gang wars, or necromunda magazines, they printed unofficial rules. All of them were immune to pinning or something. They weren't really balanced.

I kinda prefer the +2 to hit on short range shooting for those 15 credits. ;) I suppose if you're very CC oriented, the stubguns could work. But, being a WS2 juve and the way combats can go either way via the D6 attack roll, you might not even get to use that S4. I prefer to stand a wee bit back. I do agree it's kinda fluffy though, so kudos on that. :)
I definitely prefer actually being able to shoot stuff in the 16" leading up to hth. And if they have a club or chainsword then you can alternate hits starting with the str 4.

Gensuke626
05-09-2007, 10:31
In one of the gang wars, or necromunda magazines, they printed unofficial rules. All of them were immune to pinning or something. They weren't really balanced.

I definitely prefer actually being able to shoot stuff in the 16" leading up to hth. And if they have a club or chainsword then you can alternate hits starting with the str 4.

Or a Club and a Chainsword!

Or maybe just a Club...and the Dum-dum Stubs...

Also...to answer for the Fluffworthyness question on wether or not they'd work with the houses and such...I figure that these boyz are Blood Axez...the Most UNorky of all Ork-Kind...willing to deal, trade, "Negoshiate" and even fight along side humans.

NeonWraith
14-09-2007, 13:28
Also...to answer for the Fluffworthyness question on wether or not they'd work with the houses and such...I figure that these boyz are Blood Axez...the Most UNorky of all Ork-Kind...willing to deal, trade, "Negoshiate" and even fight along side humans.

Yeah, but the difference is, they'd hit them in the head with an axe after getting what they want, not before :p

But yeah, I vaguely remember there being an Ork gang in Necromunda...weren't they damn near impossible to kill as well?