PDA

View Full Version : My online WHITE DWARF Index -- comments welcome!

TwilightOdyssey
02-09-2007, 02:48
While I was searching for a particular WD article today, I thought to myself, wouldn't it be great if I had an index of what was inside each issue of WD so that I wouldn't have to flip through every issue I THINK has the article I'm looking for?

So, instead of just wishing it, I sat down with two issues of WD and wrote out each article's title, subject matter and page number. I then transfered the information from these 37 articles onto a blog.

My goal is to catalog every issue of WD I have (will probably take a month or so), and hopefully get information from people that use the index to get the contents of issues prior to my collecting WD.

Bearing in mind that there are only two issues' worth of articles listed at present, I would welcome any feedback on whether people will think that this can be useful to fellow Warseers. Also, if anyone is aware of a WD index already in existence, please let me know -- it'll save me the work of inputting all the articles myself!!

In each subsection of the index, it has the articles listed in rough alphabetical order, what game system the article is for, the issue number and page number.

http://whitedwarfindex.blogspot.com/

explorator
02-09-2007, 04:05
That is a great start, keep it up. The US Dwarfer has needed a reliable index for some time. Godspeed.

Lord Malek The Red Knight
02-09-2007, 14:34
While I was searching for a particular WD article today, I thought to myself, wouldn't it be great if I had an index of what was inside each issue of WD so that I wouldn't have to flip through every issue I THINK has the article I'm looking for?
I thought GW already had this on their website?

EDIT: looks that way... (http://uk.games-workshop.com/whitedwarf/database/)

hope that helps ;)

~ Tim

explorator
02-09-2007, 18:14
Yes but that is only for UK White Dwarf, and I believe this is for the US issues which are not identical.

TwilightOdyssey
03-09-2007, 01:20
Very cool, thanks Tim -- great resource!
But it's for the UK WDs, which are different, as stated above.