PDA

View Full Version : Rom's Project Log

Romanus
02-09-2007, 12:29
Well to gear up for the upcoming release of Apocalypse and my ever growing collection of unpainted models and unopened boxes, I thought it would be time to start a project log to try a help me achieve the goal of painting it all. Firstly I hope to update this at least on a weekly basis, and of coarse gain much insight from the great community from Warseer itself so as to improve on my painting and modelling techniques.

Sadly though as to my main PC being in boxes atm due to me moving house recently there will not be many pictures to show at present, though I hope to have this remidied in the next couple of days. The main focus of the army will be my Vostroyan Imperial guard around which the other forces of the Imperium will be Allied too. Firstly though I will most likelyh be trying to get my Black Templar crusade finished as they have just come in to be overhauled follwed by the Vostroyans. Lastly will be both Daemonhunters and Whichhunters for wich I have just acquired fifty Steel Legion Troopers to become indentured IG for the Inquisition. Lastly somwhere throughout this I can expect my recently oreders Warhound Titan to arrive of which it will be done sometime during these articles.

Thanking you all in advance for the C&C and hope you enjoy the show.

Cheers Rom

Edit: Just found this one from an earlier post of some of my stuff, just to let you all know the standard that i hope to paint to.

hiveminion
02-09-2007, 13:02
They look very nice, good luck with this project! If you want some C&C on the models you've shown I'd say use some Ink washes/shading on the skin and the Inquisitor's armour to get some more depth in them, but otherwise I like them a lot!

Romanus
03-09-2007, 06:10
Ok, finnally got my PC up and running so now for some of the stuff that i've started doing first up is my Marshal for my Black Templars Crusade and my first Vostroyan Trooper.

Romanus
03-09-2007, 06:12
Next is the current centre piece of the Army my Baneblade.

Romanus
03-09-2007, 06:13
And lastly is my Chimera. Hope yu enjoy.

Cheers Rom

Edit: Hope to Have the 2 of the Basilisks finished next post and possibly the HQ squad

jasevx
03-09-2007, 08:55
great selection of stuff there, all painted to a high standard

Romanus
06-09-2007, 02:14
Hey guys, just a quick update today. Camera seems to be playing up so I've only been able to take a couple of pictures of the obligatery workspace and the full army assembled including the Vostroyans, Black Templars and Daemonhunters. Woefully few models are painted though sadly but endeavoring to get the Basilisks done by Sunday.

Cheers Rom

Bravo-52
06-09-2007, 06:54
Those are some real nice tanks! (I'm a tread head if you haven't figured out already). Just keep posting so we can come back for more tready goodness.

freebooter
06-09-2007, 08:12
Very nice tanks there mate and I particularilly like the Baneblade.

Looks like you've got a bit of work to do on your templar ;)...

Not to mention your guard. Like the Vossie you've got there by the way.

Romanus
08-09-2007, 08:55
Hey all, thanks for the comments so far. Well got a bit sidetracked over the last few days and have been working on my Rough Riders instead of the Bassies, though did get them basecoated up to Bestial brown.

The rough riders are coming along ok, still wondering if I should put a second shoulder pad on them. They all still need a little bit more GS on them like arrows and such like the guy second from the right front row. Other than that I think thats it. Also wondering wether you would think if it would be an idea to put a special weapon in the squad. Thoughts anyone???

Cheers, Rom

Romanus
17-09-2007, 09:32
Hey guys, the Apoc stuff has been put on hold while i do up some models for a few guys at the local idependent retailer. So far I've only got some WIP shots of Typhus, but also on the plate are a few Ultra marines models, but the biggest problem here is that I haven't really ever painted UM blue, so any hints would be appreciated.

Ok so here are the first shots of Typhus. I consider the right arm finished and should show what I want to achieve across the whole model. The base will be done in good time but I'll leave that till last for now. I'm also a bit worried about painting his guts coming out of the suit and wondering if aanyones got any suitably gory painting methods for this. As always C&C is welcome and thanks to all those that have already posted and the advice they have given.

Cheers, Rom.

Marovian
17-09-2007, 10:30
Nice work on the tanks, all of it is looking good. The Chimera I like especially.

Romanus
23-09-2007, 11:19
Well another week has ended a time for another update. Just a bit of a continuation of the last update with some more work put into Typhus. Still needs highlighting on the piped and such and some lights painted on but overall I'm relatively pleased with how he is progressing. Definatley the longest time ive ever taken to paint a mini though. Anyways hope you enjoy and C&C are always welcome.

Cheers, Rom

Romanus
30-09-2007, 11:50
Well heres the big guy all finished, except for his sythe lol. Pretty happy with the overall look of them though am considering whether or not to up the damage on him a bit more, or if this will simply make him seem to busy. Also on show is the next squad on the list of things to do which is a Death Guard unit with Icon, which happens to be the banner from my Pestigor unit for fantasy. Sorry but my green stuffing is not up to a standard that I'm happy with yet and may have to redo it before i paint them. The last pic is of my glorious new Warhound Titan that just turned up a couple of days ago. Very beutiful model, even if I do say so myself. Just waiting on Dominus ex Machina to finish his so I've got some inspiration :D. Anyways hope you enjoy an dcatch ya all next update.

Cheers, Rom

Rogue Trader
30-09-2007, 11:52
some nice stuff, your typhus looks cool, im also liking the vossie's, keep it up :D

titan136
30-09-2007, 16:00
the typhus is looking great, i really like the contrast of the off-white helm and the rust/puss running down the rivets

Romanus
19-10-2007, 12:43
Well now time for another update, and its been a while i must say first off the list is finally the finished Typhus with sythe, secondly is the beginnings of my Warhound titan. Not quite sure why the red turned out like it did in the photos but then again it aint to bad. Also need to do some damge and weathering effects to it yet, but will leave this till I've done the clean version of the legs. The Death Guard squad that was shown last post has also seen some attention with them all being painted up to the green though sadly no photos yet.

Also news that still sometimes saddens me is that the Vostroyans are no longer and have been sold (recieved an offer I couldn't refuse). From the funds raised from this I am planning to start a Death Korp force centred around an armoured core of the Emperors Fist tank company and a new Baneblade or two. Oh well as they say on with the show and thanks to all those who have commented, much appreciated.

Cheers, Rom