PDA

View Full Version : Help me build a killer Slaanesh List!

Slaaneshi Ice Cream
02-09-2007, 13:30
I'd like to make a killer Slaanesh army to counter part my friends Khorne army. I'm thinking an all mounted army would be great, plus lots of magic. Something that includes

A lord on a steed of slaanesh OR a Level 4 Sorceror on a Steed of Slaanesh
3 level 2 sorcs

bunches of dogs (15 or so)
6 furies
8 x mounted daemonettes (possibly 2 units)
chaos knights (of course!)
Horsemen with flails
4 x spawn with MoS OR a Hellcannon just because it's a sweet model.

Would this kind of army work? What else could I put in?

W0lf
03-09-2007, 20:42
Level 4 Sorceror on a Steed of Slaanesh with daemon blade and talisman of protection.

2 level 2 sorcs. 1 with power fam, 1 with 2 scrolls.

exalted with SoM sheild, chaos steed.

3x 5 knights with MoS, Fc

2x6 daemonttes mounted.

start their then fill in.

theunwantedbeing
03-09-2007, 21:09
All mounted chaos is generally always works fine.
Remember units hit hardest in units of 6(7 if your facing 25mm based stuff)

The army you sugguested just needs a list writing for what you listed,doesnt really matter about equiptment.(so long as you dont make your general a daemon)

Neknoh
03-09-2007, 21:14
Actually, when battling Khorne, you do not need Slaaneshi magic to controll the battle, in fact, you won't really have that great a success with it either. My suggestion would be to go very character light with one or two Exalted Champions kitted out for murdering Khornate knights.

Secondly, take as heavy armour as you can on your units, the sheer ammount of attacks Khornate armies dish out will easely smash through lighter armour. If he has Warriors, they will likely have Additional Handweapons, granting them bucketloads of attacks, best thing to do is take a unit of Chosen with Hallberds and Shields (hallberds when landing the charge, thus nullifying Heavy Armour armoursaves), and the Raptorous Standard, any Khornate unit that charges this will be severly nerfed.

Now, charge range is of the essence, as is manouverabillity and baiting abillity, I strongly suggest you use something like Warhounds to bait, and bait a LOT.

Now, rule of thumb, if you can rear-charge a unit of Khornate Knights.... DON'T! For the love of all that's good and holy, do NOT charge a unit of Khornate Warriors or Knights where they can get their maximum number of attacks unless you are sure to kill them (hallberd Chosen on 5+save Warriors springs to mind).

Now, I would suggest something like:

Exalted Champion or Lord of Slaanesh
- Steed of Slaanesh, Shield, Greatfang (if Lord, add Armour of Tortured Souls, Armour of Damnation, Gaze of the Gods or Crown of Everlasting Conquest). This guy should aim to flank any Knight unit he comes across, he will almost guaranteed kill at least two, however, if he doesn't flank, that's still two knights (i.e. four to seven attacks) hitting back at him, so, flank the knights... flank, flank, flank.

Kit out a second one to aid in this task, something like a humble Hallberd can well be used to put the hurt on the enemy, don't rely on it 100% on it though, however, he can be very welcome when it comes to taking out Marauder Horsemen and Warhounds due to his cheap but effective build.

Now, for Core Choices, you will want Marauder Horsemen with Flails, and you will want Warhounds allong with that one Chosen Warrior block, should look something like:

5 Maraduer Horsemen
- Flails, Musician... 81 points

5 Maraduer Horsemen
- Flails, Musician... 81 points

Flank charges or suicide runs into Warrior/Knight units to bring down their numbers.

5 Warhounds of Chaos
- ... 30 points

5 Warhounds of Chaos
- ... 30 points

5 Warhounds of Chaos
- ... 30 points

5 Warhounds of Chaos
- ... 30 points

Set these up for massive confusive and baiting action (angle them so that when he charges and kills, he overruns/pursues into very wierd angles).

14 Warriors of Chaos
- Chosen, Hallberds, Shields, Full Command, Mark of Slaanesh, Raptorous Standard... 436 points (approx). This is your block, the army should circle arround getting these guys into contact with the enemy Warriors, with these guys being the chargers, remember to use the Warhounds to get the jump on enemy Warriors and Knights. Shields are just a precaution, a failsafe.

For Specials:

5 Mounted Daemonettes
- ... 150 points

5 Mounted Daemonettes
- ... 150 points

Now, I am much too tired to count all of this in my head at the moment, but I do believe you have quite a few more points to play with, a Daemonprince with Master of Mortals, Hatred and Ignore Armoursaves allong with a nice Slaaneshi gift or two will put down severe hurt together with your anti-armour Exalted, if you go for an Anti-armour Lord, go for an exalted daemon with the "ignore armoursaves" gift.

If a Daemon is not tempting or still doesn't fill your points, several Beasts of Chaos units could do very well in here, the most prominent one being Dragon Ogres, they'd be an excellent way of forcing your opponent to watch every step his Knights or Warriors takes.

EDIT: . . . why can't I restrain myself when giving tactical advice on chaos? I mean seriously! I write looong posts :p

EDIT 2: The above list comes to ca. 1300-1500 points (depending on wether you use Exalted or Lord), leaving you approx. 700-500 points to dabble with, an Exalted Daemon or Daemonprince should fit in there nicely, as should a unit of Dragon Ogres or a Hellcannon. And you'd still have maybe three hundred points left

Mordante
04-09-2007, 03:00
Here's an all mounted Slaanesh army that does fairly well for me, although it may not make you any friends, with the chariots and all...

1 Exalted Chaos Champion @ 300 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; General;
Enchanted Shield, Berserker Sword
1 Chaos Chariot of Slaanesh

1 Chaos Sorcerer @ 206 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Magic Level 2; Lore of Slaanesh;
Dispel Scroll, Power Stone
1 Chaos Steed

1 Chaos Sorcerer @ 206 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Magic Level 2; Lore of Slaanesh; Chaos Armour; Barding
Dispel Scroll , Power Stone
1 Chaos Steed

3x1 Chaos Chariot of Slaanesh @ 130 Pts ea
Mark of Slaanesh

6 Chosen Chaos Knights of Slaanesh @ 390 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Chosen Unit; Full command
Rapturous Standard

6 Marauder Horsemen @ 144 Pts
Flail; Throwing Axes; Shield; Musician, champion

6 Mounted Daemonettes @ 180 Pts

6 Chaos Warhounds @ 36 Pts

3x6 Chaos Warhounds @ 36 Pts ea

1 Fiend of Slaanesh @ 75 Pts

Casting Pool: 6
Dispel Pool: 4
Models in Army: 45
Total Army Cost: 1999

Another add on I make if I don't want to field all the chariots is adding Menghil Manhide's Manflayers. They make great advanced scouts and add some shooting to the army. I also play the 3 chariot version of the list sometimes without the exalted champion, but with 1 lvl4 wizard on a steed of slaanesh and 1 lvl2 on a chaos steed. Also tends to work well.

And stick with units of 6! Not because it is more effective, but because it is Slaanesh!

blurred
04-09-2007, 11:44
A lord on a steed of Slaanesh with the great fang is a must have. He's fast enough to get to the flanks of a Khorne horde and he's hitty enough to win combats on his own.

I'd also suggest taking at least two units of 6 mounted daemonettes. Its almost impossible for the Khorne player to catch them and they can beat knight units from the flank.

Warhound units are of course essential to bait his troops and expose his flanks.

I'd do what Neknoh suggested and leave magic at home. You struggle to cast any spells even with multiple sorcerers and Khorne troops' movement is easy to control as it is.

Good luck. :)

Holy Crap! Manticores!
04-09-2007, 13:37
Yeah, a typical Khorne army can have 11 DD at 2k... your excellent Slaaneshi magic will amount to diddly-squat unless you can find a way to cast with irresistable Force without resorting to loaded dice.

Also, don't ignore the possibility of using Dragon Ogres or Minotaurs (which can be marked). Both can be given GW's and are capable of crushing most on the charge. Also, a Shaggoth Champ of Slaanesh with a GW is even more brutal, as it Strikes First. Evil.

/beast enthusiasm