PDA

View Full Version : Pysker levels

Macrus
02-09-2007, 21:52
I was reading Ravenor and it mentioned pysker levels, for example high delta, and low gamma levels.

So i was just wondering how high it goes up to, and how would you measure how powerful the pysker is.
Thanks

Macrus

Grimtuff
02-09-2007, 22:10
More of a background question, but nevertheless.....

Generally GW seem to use the Greek alphabet to classify Psykers (the highest being Alpha)

Though, IIRC this may only be for the uncontrolled witches etc. Guys like Ahriman and Eldrad may be classed as beyond Alpha level.

Kulgur
03-09-2007, 00:10
P125 BGB:

Alpha-level psykers can turn a man inside out at a glance. A mere flick of a wrist can snap a battle titan in two, or a muttered syllable turn an army upon itself in a frenzy of bloodlust

So yeah, pretty powerful:)

winter has ended
03-09-2007, 00:14
so by that definition all eldar pyskers are that powerful and can be a lot lot more powerful, maybe its probally just for psykers in the imperium?

PMTN
03-09-2007, 00:15
Alpha-level psykers can turn a man inside out at a glance. A mere flick of a wrist can snap a battle titan in two, or a muttered syllable turn an army upon itself in a frenzy of bloodlust

By the beard of Zeus.

xibo
03-09-2007, 00:36
Notice that an alpha psyker has to move his hand to destroy an emperor class titan, so if you manage to snap his hands of until his iniative phase ( which is easy because he's just human ) he can't do anything any longer ;)

Chaos and Evil
03-09-2007, 00:39
There are very few Alpha level psykers, and 99% of them are pretty quickly posessed becuase their connection to the warp is so strong.

boltjimmi
03-09-2007, 00:41
Notice that an alpha psyker has to move his hand to destroy an emperor class titan, so if you manage to snap his hands of until his iniative phase ( which is easy because he's just human ) he can't do anything any longer ;)

I'm sure if he tried hard enough, he could snap it with his will alone.

xibo
03-09-2007, 00:45
I'm sure if he tried hard enough, he could snap it with his will alone.
That's the way psychic powers are used outside of 40k. If in 40k, then the psyker can't, because that would enable him to kill the inquisitor who came for him, or even the orbiting nave preparing to exterminatus-s the planet he's on...

ctsteel
03-09-2007, 04:03
here's a description of some alpha (plus)-level psykers and what they are capable of:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/witchhunters/villainy-infamy/3/

note also the twins are also mentioned here as being part of the victory parade described in the Eisenhorn saga (first novel Xenos) - that part of the novel also shows what these high level psykers are capable of when let loose.

03-09-2007, 06:14
unless there is a spacemarine librarian then ...it don't matter I'll Psycic hood that Alpha level dude...okok mabey not

deathwing_marine
03-09-2007, 06:18
Those alpha psykers cause the Lightning fighters to crash into the arch at that victory parade, right? (Its been awhile since Ive read those books)

Pretty powerful if you ask me

ctsteel
03-09-2007, 06:50
I don't think so (from my memory too :)) - one of the fighters was a rogue agent planted for the purpose of sabotaging the parade, turns on the others and shoots them down then strafes the parade. A titan in the parade opens up on the fighters (!) - extreme mayhem ensues. The psykers get loose - extreme mayhem gets worse.

although once they get loose they may bring down a fighter - I can't recall. At any rate, that parade was not the place to be - unless you wanted to be one of the millions of people caught between renegades strafing, titans and tanks firing back without thought to collateral damage, and a bunch of insane freaks who either tear you apart for their amusement, or turn you into a puppet to use as a meatshield.

deathwing_marine
03-09-2007, 07:17
yeah, definitely wouldnt want to be there :p

If the psykers were able to manipulate the events though, thats pretty amazing, due to the anti-psyker devices and wards they were in.

[SD] Bob Plisskin
03-09-2007, 08:15
I don't think that Farseers are as powerful as Alpha level psykers.

1 - Bad precedent I know but even eldrad isn't that good ingame.
2 - Humans have more potential than eldar but less are 'active' is what I heard a long time ago - don't have a source for that though!

On Psykers in general - I don't think that many will survive to become 'Alpha Level' between getting persecuted by the witch hunters or getting your brain eaten by a daemon, obviously there will be a few in the universe of trillions.

I think that the lowest level of psyker would be similar to an ork in that they effect the world around them but have no idea they are doing it. More of a person with very good luck or something.

Captain Micha
04-09-2007, 13:40
Eldar are no where near as potent as they'd like to think they are at being psychic.

From my understanding sanctioned psykers are the lowest grade of psyker capable of any kind of battlefield presence. Which the warlock seems the equivalent of.

While the Eldar and their precious gear is psychically attuned no where does it say that they have to be psychic to use it.

Also, psykers don't gain power. Unless of course they've been dealing with the dark gods.

Nice article on the twins. I always wondered about things like that.. Though I have to wonder... why did they not just simply exterminatus the planet the twins were on...............twice.

as far as we've seen Eldrad has not even been able to do anything half as potent as the twins apparently. Otherwise he wouldn't be dead. The twins ability to manipulate minds, must go out quite far in range as well as be very very strong. Because with something as threatening as the twins running around, it'd be worth the sacrifice of a world to kill them

ctsteel
04-09-2007, 14:17
the article also seems to imply the twins are now a thousand years old and act as psychic assassins for various groups - nasty little girls indeed

what's frightening about their early history is that they did *that* to all the people on a *black ship* which has massive psychic wards on it, and the other people in there would be either psykers themselves (so youd think they could put some form of protection up), or the black ship staff who would be trained to resist such things. and that was a thousand years ago before they reached their full ability. scary.