PDA

View Full Version : How do you make a Space Marine Laugh?

Gwwwargh
03-09-2007, 06:17
So how can you make a space marine laugh...

I think seeing a swarm of Grotz being forced to run through a mine field would probably make even the most hardened veteran space marine laugh

Drogmir
03-09-2007, 06:27
Space Marines do not laugh, I wouldn't laugh if I were sterile why would they?

xibo
03-09-2007, 06:28
Phhh... marines use guardsmen for the that... until some *high* ranking officer gets messy, that is ( after all they can't affort messing with the IG who has endless reinforcements )

If you want a marine to laugh, tickle it :angel:

deathwing_marine
03-09-2007, 06:32

:p Thats what I was going to say!

Drunken Space Wolves laugh alot

Obis
03-09-2007, 06:33
Yes and having the same squad of grots reapear in turn 6 and kill Commissar Yarrick will make orks laugh.
Incase your wondering what the point is; sissy space marines take themselves to seriously to laugh.
Try ORKS we know how to laugh. You see we dont war we just have friendlys
and kill a bit here and there.

ctsteel
03-09-2007, 06:36
if that were true, why isnt your orky battlecry 'frieeeeendly!'
:p

xibo
03-09-2007, 06:38
Yes and having the same squad of grots reapear in turn 6 and kill Commissar Yarrick will make orks laugh.
Makes IG laugh too... because grots strike after him ( grots are not worth using the power claw ), only hit him on 5s (1/3rd), only wounding on at best 6s ( 1/36th ), and he has a 4+ armour save + 3 wounds + iron will. I guess the fact that grots ( not more than 14 can count as fighting ) manage to take that $(number of attacks)/1296 chance would make me laugh ...

EDIT: Well marines laugh at me when I dice ten ones in a row for my bassilisk shell that crashes into the middle of a BT formation...

Gwwwargh
03-09-2007, 06:45
if that were true, why isnt your orky battlecry 'frieeeeendly!'
:p

Something about Orks screaming 'frieeeeendly!' that made me lmao. Also makes me feel like painting some Orks in Tie Dye Cloths with Peace signs and well you get the idea.

cleansingfury
03-09-2007, 06:46
How to make a space marine laugh, tell them the imperial guard all got a pair and are now able to stand up to the enemies of the imperium with a flashlight (lasgun)

Colonel_Kreitz
03-09-2007, 08:45
Shoot a lasgun at him.

tau_caste
03-09-2007, 08:53
I was going to say either that or a shuriken catapult =p

Reflex
03-09-2007, 09:04
telling him that the war to save the imperium is over and the human race owns the galaxy and all is peaceful...

that would make them laugh.

Spetulhu
03-09-2007, 09:39
My Terminators in the old Space Hulk PC game laughed once in a while. It was usually after shouts of "Incoming!" and several bursts of Storm Bolter fire.

MindSlave
03-09-2007, 10:43
Kick him in the crotch! He will just laugh at your futile efforts! Course it will be the last thing you ever do...

AngryAngel
03-09-2007, 11:15
Let um see their land raider get blown up..and just explain to them.."I meant for that to happen".

The Guy
03-09-2007, 12:04
Slap him and say "yo mama"

Shibboleth
03-09-2007, 12:18
Swap the oxygen in his squad Sergeant's suit for helium.

(Of course, he'd have to be one of those rare Sergeants that actually wears a helmet...)

Wyatt
03-09-2007, 12:21
Somehow I think SM would laugh more like a "Muahahahaha" than a friendly chuckle, when their opponent begs for mercy.

TheEndIsHere
03-09-2007, 12:23
I know how to make a necron laugh, shoot a lascannon at a space marine...
or rapid fire a plasma gun from marines at him over heat of the second shot kills the marine but the first shot kills the necrons but we'll be back saves him... YES I KILLED ONE!!! ohh i killed myself 2, oh well 1 for 1 is good i guess *comes back* NOOO!!!

D-End

RobbyJamal
03-09-2007, 13:05
I agree, they probably aren'y going to laugh, unless it is at someone else's expense.

MutantMaggot
03-09-2007, 13:33

Quoted and sigged... with your kind permission of course. PM to object.

I agree with RobbyJamal, but still... try sending Nagash against them to make 'em laugh... (Whoops, forgot it wasn't fantasy. :P)

PMTN
03-09-2007, 14:19
I agree with RobbyJamal, but still... try sending Nagash against them to make 'em laugh... (Whoops, forgot it wasn't fantasy. :P)

I just got a a mentle image of Nagash sitting surrounded by skeletons laughing their heads off in a comical out of control way.

How to make a space marine laugh?

Show him the pictures of a sisters of battle shower room. Did you say laugh? I though you meant aroused.

To bad they have been neutered.

noodle-j
03-09-2007, 16:58
if you want a space marine to laugh just whisper "boobs" in a praying session and get louder each time, sure you'd be killed on sight but one HAS to crack a giggle and he'd be killed too.:D

MadDogMike
04-09-2007, 05:27
DoW indicates they will chuckle evilly when encased in Terminator armor as they note the enemy "do not have a prayer" ;). I imagine they would still be human enough to die laughing if the enemy does something unbelievably stupid, preferably along the lines of blowing themselves up before they even reach the Marines.

Captain Micha
04-09-2007, 12:13
Space marines laugh all the time preheresy.... *L*

Brother Loki
04-09-2007, 12:30
Threaten him.

Semitaire
04-09-2007, 12:34
stick a shoot me sign on the power plant of a dreadnought

hilarity ensues

ctsteel
04-09-2007, 13:22
I would imagine space marines would be jocular enough when training and resting, just as soldiers at any time are. they may come across as having an odd sense of humour to normal people, given their very different upbringing but it would still be there, probably more of a martial bent (making fun of each other's combat practice results, their enemies etc rather than jokes about their family or their commander). but still all done in a somewhat reserved, martial way and generally respectful way.

in a battle situation though, they are all business. I think in combat a marine would only open his mouth wide to: shout an order; bite you; spit acid in your face.

xibo
04-09-2007, 15:28
Quoted and sigged... with your kind permission of course. PM to object.

Do as you please.

Threaten him.
You're kidding, right? You know nowadays weapons wound human like soldier like armoured targets better than 50% of the times and also don't care if armour dares to interfere unless the target is insanely lucky, do you? A marine should fear nowadays stuff....

Keichi246
04-09-2007, 15:44
How to make a Space Marine laugh?

Watch a Fire Warrior charge into close combat...
Watch a Chaos Guard squad immolate itself with rapid firing plasmaguns...
Watch a guardsman hit on a Sister of Battle... :D

xibo
04-09-2007, 15:49
HA! I got it. Tell him the joke... yes THE JOKE! that with the black and white space marine on the black and white bike! ^_^

Gwwwargh
04-09-2007, 16:39
How many Space marines does it take to screw in a lightbulb...
Two one to Screw in the light bulb and One to Scream for the Emperor... probably wont make a space marine laugh but maybe a guardsmen... who will then be shot on spot if heard by an officer

Captain Micha
04-09-2007, 16:40
How to make a Space Marine laugh?

Watch a Fire Warrior charge into close combat...
:D

Unless it's my fire warriors who inexplicably kill everything that assaults them. Then the Marine would cringe in fear!

BLOOD FOR THE GREATER GOOD!:eek:

MutantMaggot
04-09-2007, 16:50
Make that...

BLOOD FOR THE GREATER GOD, and it sounds like your tau have a serious problem with heretics...

Captain Micha
04-09-2007, 16:57
indeed. I suspect the Ethereals will have their homeworld exterminatused just to be safe

Merceus
04-09-2007, 17:19
Give Abaddon a wedgie

Curufew
04-09-2007, 17:24
Tell them that they're going to receive the Dark Angels treatment

BrainFireBob
04-09-2007, 18:45
Considering that they join their Chapters at 12-14 on average, and live a fairly cloistered, locker-room style life of training after that, allowing little opportunity for personal growth as a rule:

Fart jokes.

The Guy
04-09-2007, 18:58
How many Space marines does it take to screw in a lightbulb...
Two one to Screw in the light bulb and One to Scream for the Emperor... probably wont make a space marine laugh but maybe a guardsmen... who will then be shot on spot if heard by an officer

Lol that made me laugh :p I can just imagine space marines doing that :p I think a space marine would laugh if someone farted when they were all praying..or is that just me?
Oh another is to slap the SM sergeants head :D most of them are bald anyway and that should make some chuckle and embarass the sarge :D

Lostanddamned
04-09-2007, 19:15
Put your hands in its pockets and tickle its ba...

...wait no, thats "how do you make a snooker table laugh"

Never mind - carry on as you were.