PDA

View Full Version : Low ld undivided in "high" ld unit

Zanusiekk
03-09-2007, 06:54
Hi,

I have, what I hope will be a quick question: When you put a character in a unit which has a higher ld than said character, you use the units ld for any tests taken. But, if the character in question has the mark of Chaos Undivided, can you still use his ability to re-roll failed tests?

Thanks, Z

Festus
03-09-2007, 08:40
No, you cannot, even if the Character had the highest Ld, his ability to re-roll does not affect the unit he has joined.

Only if the unit itself were marked Undivided would it be able to reroll.

Festus

ZomboCom
03-09-2007, 14:22
Yup, an undivided character in an unmarked unit does not pass his reroll onto the unit.

Zanusiekk
04-09-2007, 07:18
Thanks, I thought so, but just wanted to make sure...

Dayhan
04-09-2007, 11:37
I'm confused now. I've always played that if a char with a mark undivided or other, Joins a unit of marauders they benefit from that Mark. So that would make a unit of Marauders Undivided if joined by a char with that Mark. It dose say on page 46 "the mark affects all models in the unit".

But I don't know of any unit available to chaos who's LD is higher than a Char. The only model that is not in the hero list with a leadership higher than a normal hero other than a Lord is Shaggoth (LD 9). So I can't see how you can manage the above comment. Maybe I'm wrong !!!!!

Dayhan
04-09-2007, 12:16
Sorry would appear the club and myself are wrong. We live and learn.

Festus
04-09-2007, 12:19
Hi

It seems, you got your answer already in the other thread - you opened it, you should know:

A Mark still affects all models in a Unit - if the Unit has a Mark. The character, unfortunately, is the only one who has a Mark in your kind of unit...
Remeber that a single character is a Unit of his own. If he joins a unit, he becomes a member of the unit he joins - and this is an unmarked Marauder's unit in this case. So no benefit of the Mark of Undivided (although in rare cases he might be able to use is till: If he is the only one affected by a spell or somesuch forcing a Psy-test only for him. Not that I can think of such a situation right now)..

Other Marks may or may not affect the unit: Character with MoNurgle makes the unit immune to Fear, MoSlaaneesh has no effekt, MoKhorne and only the character is frenzy - and sometimes have to charge on his own because of that - , and MoTzeentch just makes the Champ a Wizard, so nothing different here...

Festus

Zanusiekk
04-09-2007, 13:24
But I don't know of any unit available to chaos who's LD is higher than a Char.

Beastmen Bray Shamans have lower ld than the herds they may join... I suppose this is deliberate so as not to allow too many re-rolls in a pure beast army...

Festus
04-09-2007, 13:37
Hi

It has nothing to do with the actual number of the Ld. Whether higher or lower is not an issue!

Even with a higer Ld, the unit cannot benefit from the MArk's reroll, as it is the unit testing. The character may provide his Ld, if it is higher, but will never provide the benefit of the Mark, ie. the reroll.

Festus