PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Morathi-led Offensive Cult of Slaanesh

Your Mum Rang
03-09-2007, 21:05
Hey all. Let me know what you think of this. I was going to go for an Anointed but I want to try Morathi, 2+ to cast Slaanesh spells is too good to be true.

Morathi @ 470pts
Sorceress: Lvl 2 - Wand of Karaidon - Steed @ 182pts
Sorceress of Slaanesh: Lvl 2 - Dispel Scrol - Darkstar Cloak - Steed @ 187pts

10 Devoted of Slaanesh @ 120pts
6 Shades: Mark of Slaanesh @ 94pts

6 Dark Riders: Crossbows - Musician @ 151pts
6 Cold One Knights: Full Command - Standard of Slaughter @ 254pts
6 Cold One Knights: Full Command - Soul Shadows Standard @ 269pts

6 Knights of Slaanesh: Full Command - Rapturous Standard @ 318pts

2250pts

Could anyone suggest a spell-loadout for Morathi and which spells work best on which enemies?

manickze
03-09-2007, 23:43
You need fiends of slaanesh, Id drop the 6 knights of slaanesh and take 4 fiends instead. ;)

Maybe some more good core units, it's like you are taking the bare minimum.

Your Mum Rang
04-09-2007, 11:24
Yeah, those Knights might be a little overpriced for what they do, however their 2+ save is nice but they are a lot of points and probably don't hit as hard as I think.

4 Spawn would leave me 18pts to play with.

Acutally, I fear I lack reliable heavy hitters... but... it is CoS after all!

RipFlag
05-09-2007, 02:59
I would almost see if you could squeeze a block of 20 spearmen with no shields, with FC, that comes to 165pts, with MoS 185, if thats still not your gig, you could switch a unit of your shades to RxB's, they have some more firepower, with 18pts you could get a unit, un-marked tho, you get more shots, and more units.

I would say the 4 spawn would be a good combo, and extremely irritating.

Holy Crap! Manticores!
08-09-2007, 10:22
Morathi @ 470pts
Sorceress: Lvl 2 - Wand of Karaidon - Steed @ 182pts
Sorceress of Slaanesh: Lvl 2 - Dispel Scrol - Darkstar Cloak - Steed @ 187pts

10 Devoted of Slaanesh @ 120pts

6 Cold One Knights: Full Command - Standard of Slaughter @ 254pts
6 Cold One Knights: Full Command - Soul Shadows Standard @ 269pts

6 Knights of Slaanesh: Full Command - Rapturous Standard @ 318pts

2250pts

Could anyone suggest a spell-loadout for Morathi and which spells work best on which enemies?I'm not a big fan of the Shades, especially in units of 6. Somehow I would prefer a unti of Spearwarriors with the MoS. Also, the Devoted unit MUST be bigger. As a Witch Elf enthusiast, i have seen too many small units of Witches get shot up with average rounds of shooting and magic.

I would keep the Knights, but drop the Rap Std... it's somewhat overkill for this unit, plus it's 50 pts you could spend on my above commentary.

For spell loadout, I'll give you a good all-purpose loadout.

Dominion (Dark): vs artillery armies, use this to prevent shooting. Vs Magic-heavy armies, use this to prevent Wizards from casting (this effectively wastes their PD) If facing fast armies, use this to prevent movement. An excellent all-purpose spell.

Luxurious Torment (Slaanesh): Makes unit (friend or foe) Frenzied. While not a Remains in Play spell, the effects last until the unit is beaten in combat. Also causes d6 S3 hits while Frenzied, so think twice about casting on freindly elves.

Blissful Throes (Slaanesh): lovely magic missile doing d6 S6 hits. 12" range, so use caution positioning yourself to use it.

Black Horror (Dark): Muahahahaha! Pie plate FTW!

Criteria for selecting this loadout:
1. No RIP spells... keeps Morathi from casting to maintain spell
2. No spells dependant on unit Psychology... which would render speel useless vs Undead, Daemons, Unbreakables, Immune to Pscychology, etc etc
3. Should be useful vs all opponents

cailil
09-09-2007, 16:55
I really think using Morathi in a CoS list is a good idea, mainly becuase I did it so often. But like Holy Crap! Manticores said you need more Devotted; also I agree with RipFlag, the shades aren't great. Personally I prefer Marauders of chaos or furies to Shades every time.

Now I'm going to disagree with everyone else - I like the Knights, I think you've over-tooled them with the standard but I like them.
Personally, I'd drop the rapturous standard and use the points for Marauders of Chaos. Also I'd drop both units of shades, replacing one with warriors (RxBs, no shields, no mark, just SB) and the other with furies. But to incorporate these furies you'd need to amalgamate your DRs into 1 unit and drop two of them to gain the points for the warriors.

Beyond that I do think you've made your CoK very expensive by giving both full cmnd and standards. There is a huge points sink here and IMHO you need more models on the table.

Your Mum Rang
10-09-2007, 12:58
Hey all! I played a few games and have altered the list a little. Here are my thoughts...

- Morathi makes this army so damned flexible. Choosing spells from 2 awesome Lores is great. I once took Doombolt, Blissful Throes, Chillwind and Titilating Delusions and was casting all 4 spells a turn (magic missles could be cast on 1 dice due to her +2 to cast!)

- CoK's are good too. The Soul Shadow Standard is a good suprise and allows me to set up some good counter-charges!

- Spawn of Slaanesh are awesome! One of these guys tied up 10 CoK in the flank for a whole game...

- RBT's are still debatable but have been doing OK so far.

Morathi @ 470pts
Sorceress: Lvl 2 - Wand of Karaidon
Sorceress of Slaanesh: Lvl 2 - Dispel Scrol - Darkstar Cloak

6 Shades
12 Devoted of Slaanesh
12 Devoted of Slaanesh

6 Dark Riders: Crossbows - Musician
6 Dark Riders: Crossbows - Musician
6 Cold One Knights: Musician - Standard - War Banner
6 Cold One Knights: Musician - Standard - Soul Shadow Standard

2 Spawn of Slaanesh
2 Repeater Bolt Throwers

Now the Sorceresses go into the Devoted instead of the Dark Riders. Is this a good idea?