PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Guard Flyers

cleansingfury
04-09-2007, 00:52
Alright so since fliers are coming with apocalypse I wanna know of good low cost planes, good medium cost planes, and good high cost planes.
Basically do not put down 24 twinlinked gatling heavy bolters lol.
I want real items preferably that can have some fluff behind them.
So this should become a template for people to use when apoc comes out for people to get good ideas from.

Light fighters have 10 AV or less all around, with generally only one weapon that is not above str 6. So it could have an assault cannon that ius twn linked along with 2-4 hunter killers is basically the highest for low cost craft.

Medium would be like 2 autocannons and a twin linked lascannon.

Heavy would be 11 AV front and side at most. Give them what you want within reason.

Here is my addition, could be classed under heavy but toes the line:
Name Points Front Armour Side Armour Rear Armour BS
Raven 303_______10__________10____________9______4
Type: Flyer
Size: Small
Speed: Flyer
Weapons:
1 x Twin-linked Assault cannon
2 x Twin-linked Lascannon
1 x Whirlwind
2 x Heavy bolter
Vehicle Category: Fast Attack

xibo
04-09-2007, 02:17
Why do you want to put a whirlwind MRL on a flyer? You know it's ordnance barrage do you? ( For your commemoration: Ordnance Barrage weapons may not fire if the vehicle they are mounted on moved or counts as moved... what flyers usually do, right... )

It's also a bit overarmed for something 'small' ( 'small' = the size of the whirlwind launcher )

Negrodamus
04-09-2007, 02:28
Heavy bombs are what you are looking for, same effect as a griffon mortar but you can actually fire them.

cleansingfury
04-09-2007, 03:29
Heavy bombs are what you are looking for, same effect as a griffon mortar but you can actually fire them.

Sweet man that is what I wanted.

Bunnahabhain
04-09-2007, 03:39
Well, for flyers, the Guard only has:
Thunderbolt
Lightning
Lightning strike
Marauder
Marauder destroyer
Valkyrie
Vulture
Aquila
Arvus

i..e Not quite as many as everyone else put together. We really need some more, especially ones with weapons that make no sense.

As far as I know for flyers: Marines 1, Tau 2, Orks 2, Chaos 3, Eldar 4, Guard 9

Negrodamus
04-09-2007, 03:43
Tau have 4 :P

Beast Rabban
04-09-2007, 03:49
I think guard have no flyers, said duties are taken care of by The Imperial Navy.
Vultures with heavy bombs thin hordes v.nicely.

Lord Hjamlar
04-09-2007, 04:14
I guess he meant guard as Imperial forces all in alll... Guards also don't have titans etc.

I guess it's a bit too much weapons for "small" flyer... too many weapons = too heavy to lift off...

And btw the only model to have armour value of 9 was gene cult car, IIRC

xibo
04-09-2007, 04:29
PDFs do have flyers. They don't neccessary have flyers that can reach low orbit and the space ships _hovering_ there, but they ( read 'some of them' ) have flying transports.

Beast Rabban
04-09-2007, 08:45
True,
but they would be available to all Imp forces & traitors. Which slot they fill doesn't matter for Apocalypse. Ahh..the freedom.

Eulenspiegel
04-09-2007, 08:54
Another attempt at packing as many anti-armour weapons as possible onto one flimsy flyer - that smells of min-maxing. I wouldn´t allow it.
Some guys seem genuinely worried about the super-heavies in Apocalypse ...

Look at the navy flyers Bunnahabhain posted, they should give you an idea how a 40K plane is armed.

xibo
04-09-2007, 09:14
Isn't the tempest land speeder a flyer?

asmodan
04-09-2007, 09:17
Why would people want to make up those planes when the best plane is obviously;) the thunderbolt. and it's for sale allready. no strange vdr rules straight from the apocalypse book. Put 4 extra rockets on it and attack that superheavy from the rear then you can have 4 twinlinked autocannon shots 1 twinlinked lascannon shot and 4 rockets...... that's GOT to hurt.

Stella Cadente
04-09-2007, 12:09
Isn't the tempest land speeder a flyer?

No, its a land speeder:p