PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Miner: Blasting Charges question

BigJonP
04-09-2007, 00:12
Sorry if this has been answered before, but I cannot find an answer anywhere. The question is how blasting charges are used by dwarf miners. According to the rules it seems that you choose to stand and shoot and then proceed to deal out 1d6 str 6 hits. My gaming group insists that since the rules state "treat as a thrown weapon" that means a to hit roll must be made. Now my opinion is that 30 points for a one time stand and shoot requiring 5's (since you can only use them while getting charged) seems a tad much. Nonetheless I am seeking an official answer. Thanks in advance.

EvC
04-09-2007, 00:17
Hits means they are hits, no roll needed. It'd be like saying chariots need to roll to hit with impact hits...

highelfmage
04-09-2007, 02:51
stone thrower dose not need a roll to hit.

Festus
04-09-2007, 06:57
er... yes... and milk usually is white... and Dwarfs have beards...

But I disgress: The entry tells you that the unit suffers hits, so hits it is. You will still have to roll to wound, though...

Festus

EvC
04-09-2007, 09:09

Tip: buy scatter and artillery dice.

Tutore
04-09-2007, 12:01
The entry says they are considered thrown weapons by means to avoid the problem that causes the distance of the charging unit (with bows, you cannot stand and shoot if the charging enemy is within half the radius of the bow).

Lord Zarkov
04-09-2007, 12:21
(with bows, you cannot stand and shoot if the charging enemy is within half the radius of the bow).

you mean half their charge distance

Ganymede
05-09-2007, 04:53
and such a mentioning isn't even pertinant as thrown weapons have no special properties when it comes to standing and shooting.

Tutore
05-09-2007, 12:39
you mean half their charge distance

Exactly. That's what I meant.

happy_doctor
13-11-2008, 18:58
Sorry for bringing this up from the dead, but I have a relevant question to make and I think it should be kept together for future use:

1)Is the Blasting Charges stand-and-shoot reaction affected by the distance of the chargers as normal ranged attacks are? If I remember correctly, the only weapon that ignores this rule is the pistol...

2)Also, what happens if you declare the reaction and the enemy fails his charge, leaving him more than 4" (the nominal range) from your miners? Is the stand-and-shoot nulled and if so, are blasting charges expended?

Thanks in advance for your replies!