PDA

View Full Version : GorkaMorka Warbands

Malen Kharn
28-08-2005, 13:02
I have just got Digganob, after much serching (got GorkaMorka a year ago). I wanted to know how many people play, and more importantly, what as (I am a Morka)?
I mentioned it to the people at my club, and four or five of them play, wich they had never mentioned :)

Malen

Rabid Bunny 666
28-08-2005, 13:40
i used to play with rebel grots ages ago, but not any more, still got the books though

edit: you do realise Malika is trying to redo gorkamorka, don't you? ;)

devolutionary
28-08-2005, 13:47
I used to play Muties and Rebel Grots. I had a wicked force for both too. Now I only have the Muties. No more cool Rebel Grot vehicles for me :(

ScooterinAB
28-08-2005, 18:50
I'm a fan of all of the mobs, but Gorkers are one of my favs. My friend was telling me recently though, that he had the idea for a rebel grot leader armed with a krak stikkbomb as his cc weapon. Opened up a few thoughts in my head.

nurgle_boy
28-08-2005, 19:21
ahaha! just today a friend of mine brought in his gorkamorks books, and im doing myself a grot warband.

im hoping to play some ghames when ive got my grots good...

malika
28-08-2005, 19:23
i used to play with rebel grots ages ago, but not any more, still got the books though

edit: you do realise Malika is trying to redo gorkamorka, don't you? ;)

Well actually its Warlord Grubnatz' project...Ive been trying to promote it but after a while everybody lost interest :eyebrows:

Luke
29-08-2005, 07:28
heh, ive just cobbled together my most awesome gorkamorka mob ever. ususally i play gorkaz but this time ive gone for a bit of "cunnin" so i picked morkaz. although i have just voted for Gorks Boyz.

ironduke
31-08-2005, 11:03
Unfortunately i got rid of all my old mobs bar the orks and i am now regretting the fact.

GORKAMORKA is the best skirmish game that was released and should not become a supplement to necromunda.

Bring back Gorkamorka!!

Start the drive today

Malen Kharn
31-08-2005, 12:52
Ironduke: \/ See Sig \/, someone started the drive on portent. Dont know if they made the move accross.

Malen

Luke
31-08-2005, 13:08
imho, Gorkamorka is my 2nd fave game next to WHFB. ive never had as much fun playing anything ever, as i have had laughing my ass off at gorkamorka. those crazy trucks just hurlting around, running grots over and monging off into rocks lol.

ah, good times :D

The Judge
31-08-2005, 16:52
Remember that Gorkamorka was originally the second in a series of mini-40K games, Necromunda ws the first. It also nearly destroyed the compnay as they poured more and more monye into it (Gorkamorka) and got a bit screwed up. I'm happy it's playing second fiddle to Necro...

t-tauri
31-08-2005, 17:34
Remember that Gorkamorka was originally the second in a series of mini-40K games, Necromunda ws the first. It also nearly destroyed the compnay as they poured more and more monye into it (Gorkamorka) and got a bit screwed up. :wtf:
Come again? The great Gorkamorka disaster is unknown to me. I wasn't aware of vast amounts of money being piled into it.

Luke
31-08-2005, 18:04
yeah, i have to say that it never appeared to be as unpopular as your making out. the gorkamorka players round my way outnumber the necro players by about 3 to 1

Thoume
31-08-2005, 22:19
I can remember playing it more often than 2nd edition 40k. Not that I got to grips with the rules for both games fully (although I would now!), it was great fun. I was mainly Morkas, as I didn't have Digganob (although one of my friends did and went for Muties).

It would probably never happen, but I would like to see it back in some form (be it a necro suppliment or a stand alone game). Of all the books I only have 'Da uvva book', as I've gone and lost 'Da roolz' or whatever it was called...

GuRu
01-09-2005, 05:46
I bought the box a few weeks back and have been busy making my morkers since. You can check out some of my WIP vehicles here: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10168

I haven't played yet, but as an ork nut (and a speed freek at that!) I can see it being my favourite table-top game very soon!

Forgotmytea
01-09-2005, 14:45
I LOVE Gorkamorka! (see sig ;)). I collect Morkas, Grots and Muties, and have a Digga Warband as well. Possibly my favourite game ever. There's my "Bring back Gorkamorka!" thread under GW discussion somewhere if anyone is interested in discussing GM and/or hoping someone at GW sees itand takes note :eyebrows: (fat chance! :p)

Forgotmytea

*EDIT* Found the link -here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2135&highlight=Bring+back+Gorkamorka)

Grot
03-09-2005, 14:01
Grots are pretty popular, apparently. That's awesome.

Kiro
04-09-2005, 21:35
I have no idea why it's labelled a 'disaster'. I was under the impression that it was a very popular game, certainly everyone I know who was into the hobby loved it. I hate Ork/cs in WHFB and 40K, but I loved GorkaMorka with a passion!