PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of doing a nurgle warband..

Acolyte of Bli'l'ab
04-09-2007, 20:30
Hey guys...

So I recently dug out a box of chaos marines I had in the attic (im so glad my mum didnt make me sell them or throw them away!). Theres only 16 marines in total...5 plague marines, 5 berzerkers and a champion and 5 normal marines. These are old second edition marines and some of the parts are missing too.

Firstly, when the daemons are released id like to collect a Tzeentch Daemon army.. always loved the HP lovecraft style look of the daemons and hope they do plastics so I dont want to do Tzeentch Marines.

The only other chaos god I like is Nurgle, but I also dont want to do Death-guard. So I thought this could be the start of a small (say 500pts) warband about a group of imperial marines that were all infected with some kind of Nurglish Disease that transformed them. The idea is most of the imperials managed to commited suicide before the disease fully consumed them (is that fluffy at all ?) where as the unfortunates that didnt manage to were transformed. I thought id make these guys into slimey brown fecal style marines rather than the snot-green style ones you usually see for Nurgle.

I dont know if these ideas are feasable, but id like peoples opinions or ideas on how I could do this. Id probably be sculpturing alot onto the marines I DO have and see where that goes first of all. It seems like it might be a good mini-project to do inbetween my two necrons and give me a rest from the ol death-robots :)

grickherder
05-09-2007, 02:46
The only other chaos god I like is Nurgle, but I also dont want to do Death-guard. So I thought this could be the start of a small (say 500pts) warband about a group of imperial marines that were all infected with some kind of Nurglish Disease that transformed them.

Sounds cool. I'm doing the same thing. Planning on going to 1000 and 1500 though.

The idea is most of the imperials managed to commited suicide before the disease fully consumed them (is that fluffy at all ?)

Sounds like it could happen. Another idea would be that those who wanted to remain loyal attempted to kill those whos corruption went too far. Unfortunately for them, they lost and the corruption took hold. Some of them that were loyalists who weren't killed could always have become spawns :D

where as the unfortunates that didnt manage to were transformed. I thought id make these guys into slimey brown fecal style marines rather than the snot-green style ones you usually see for Nurgle.

That should work quite well. I'm going to go for tan and all sorts of rotting type colors. Some black, a tiny bit or swollen/redness. Brown certainly works though.

I dont know if these ideas are feasable, but id like peoples opinions or ideas on how I could do this. Id probably be sculpturing alot onto the marines I DO have and see where that goes first of all. It seems like it might be a good mini-project to do inbetween my two necrons and give me a rest from the ol death-robots :)

There's a bunch of different ways to nurgle-fy marines. You can use greenstuff to sculpt all sorts of stuff. Here's a thread on bolter and chainsword with some other ideas that I thought were pretty cool:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=116219

Acolyte of Bli'l'ab
05-09-2007, 03:11
thanks bro, I was definitly intending to sculpture stuff onto the models..since im going with a fecal theme *yuck* I thought sculpturing turds onto the bases or even shoulder pads would be disgusting enough. I want these guys to look like they fell down a toilet or something.

iv had a few other ideas too, like sculpturing a squad of three Obliterators..or at least "counts as" Oblits that would just be large overly diseased nurglish lumps of walking feces... the 16 I have... well I thought ten of those would be two squads of marines, with the other 5 or 6 being a command squad..not looked at the rules part of the new codex yet to see if that is ok to do.. just thoughts though.

Curious to what you do yourself :) hope you post pictures !

thanks for the reply :D