PDA

View Full Version : eldar/ dark eldar titan Qs

Tehkonrad
04-09-2007, 22:50
how do eldar transport thier titans?

and do the dark eldar have any titan style things ( ive seen the 'toturer' in stories ansd art but i think thats just a fan idea

robertsjf
04-09-2007, 23:24
1) Webway

2) Not that we've seen

Feor
04-09-2007, 23:35
Dark Eldar do not useTitans. My evidence? The first line of the blurb for the Ravager Titan Hunter boxed set for apocalypse on the GW website: "The Dark Eldar do not use the super-heavy war machines favored by other races, instead relying on their superior speed and maneuverability to achieve victory."

And yes, the craftworld Eldar move their titans through the Webway, there are numerous passageways suitable for transporting such behemoths.

robertsjf
04-09-2007, 23:48
Dark Eldar do not useTitans. My evidence? The first line of the blurb for the Ravager Titan Hunter boxed set for apocalypse on the GW website: "The Dark Eldar do not use the super-heavy war machines favored by other races, instead relying on their superior speed and maneuverability to achieve victory."

So, forgeworld will be releasing a DE titan in about 3 months?

Sai-Lauren
05-09-2007, 08:01
IMO, Dark Eldar don't have the support capabilities to build and maintain super-heavy warmachines or titans, even with slaves.

Eldar either use the webway to transport their titans, or where that's not possible, presumably land a transport ship like other races do.

A possible (although unlikely) alternative is a Bonesinger with a spare week or so creating one on site.

Tehkonrad
05-09-2007, 08:19
oh...i see

Minister
06-09-2007, 22:01
Do recall that temporary webway portals can be made, though it requires sending a ship to the place with a cadre of seers in the first place. It's extra effort and extra risk, but it allows the Eldar to get where they need to be.