PDA

View Full Version : How xenos take prisoners...

RedStompa
05-09-2007, 00:57
We obviously know how the nids, dark eldar, eldar, chaos, and to an extend Orks take them- but what of the tau

lets say a Tau army managed to capture:

Eldar

Orks( or a sigle ork)

a Chaos Marine or the like

An Eldar

Dark Eldar

Tyranid (joke, hahaha)

Necron

How would they be treated?
Would the tau try to convert them?

another question is: What is the Chaos marine 'policy' whe taking xenos as prisoners, obviously they would kill he eldar, but what of the others?

What is the ork 'policy' on taking chaos prisoners?

hmm very inttersting , yes. :confused::confused::wtf::cries:

Chaplain Ark
05-09-2007, 01:09
tau would try to convert eldar and chaos, they would kill the ork, and study the necron. the DE would die in an attempt to escape.:evilgrin:

Chaos take any loyalist and tourture them before giving them to the chaos gods. They would probably kill anyone else. The eldar would takes it own life before being captured by chaos. And orks kill anything, even plants.:D

But this is just my speculation, not a truth.

RedWolf
05-09-2007, 01:37
Eldar- "Plz join the Greater Good! We have cookies!"

Ork- "You shall be meat for the Kroots! For the Greater Good!"

Chaos..Marine... -"Tell us what exactly is the Warp, for the Greater good!"
[Then, the Tau will kill him because Chaos isn't good at all ='(]

Dark Eldar-"Are you going to join? AUGH! WHAT HAVE YOU'VE DONE WITH O'SHAVI!" (i.e. not going to survive.)

Tyranid- "It's squishy time!" -Tau scientist comes in with a chainsaw and starts dissecting.. for the Greater Good of course.

Necron- [It phases out] "wth?"

Chaos is far more simple.

"DIE, XENO, DIE >=)"

jhon
05-09-2007, 02:39
according to red wolf something like this will happen

Tau earth caste " greeting , fellow chaos tech-marines . can you build the deamonic warp portal for us ? in return you will become our hounor guest, and you can have an all you can eat dinner in our weaponary every day . "
Chaos"1010111"[deal]
few days later .....
Tau earth caste" for the greater good the portal is finish "
Choas marine"1001110101011!?" [for the greater good!?]
Tau earth caste" yes for the greater good , is there a problem brother ?"
The chaos marine morph six lascannon , and waste the every thing in the lab with in a second.
Choas marine" 100110101110111..!!!!![lier,working for the good is not part of the deal. lord abaddon will be sad , if he knows his boy is working for the good. !!!!]
while weaping like a little girl the chaos marine open the portal and flee to the warp, and never be seen again .

RedStompa
05-09-2007, 03:34
while I like the humor even two posts were a little repetitive, are there any actual sources for information relating to this? Veteran Warseers help please?
please, please help me I'm being rushed by noobs of the warp! I only have half a days rations and a few las cells left, but I can hear them coming- their incoherent, poorly spelling chantings are drawing near!! please veteran warseers HELP MY THREAD!:(:mad::cries::(

Hive Mind 33
05-09-2007, 04:05
according to red wolf something like this will happen

Tau earth caste " greeting , fellow chaos tech-marines . can you build the deamonic warp portal for us ? in return you will become our hounor guest, and you can have an all you can eat dinner in our weaponary every day . "
Chaos"1010111"[deal]
few days later .....
Tau earth caste" for the greater good the portal is finish "
Choas marine"1001110101011!?" [for the greater good!?]
Tau earth caste" yes for the greater good , is there a problem brother ?"
The chaos marine morph six lascannon , and waste the every thing in the lab with in a second.
Choas marine" 100110101110111..!!!!![lier,working for the good is not part of the deal. lord abaddon will be sad , if he knows his boy is working for the good. !!!!]
while weaping like a little girl the chaos marine open the portal and flee to the warp, and never be seen again .
why would a chaos tech marine speak in binary, no tech marine does or ever will

ctsteel
05-09-2007, 04:05
i think in all cases (except the necron and tyranid) the tau would attempt to interrogate them in a civilised fasion, asking questions about their forces, why they are in tau space and what their plans are.

they do not come across as a particularly violent race and I imagine their interrogations would reflect this. they would be patient in their approach, keeping the subject sealed in an empty room with no view, offering them basic decent food and denying them any requests unless it was a way to secure answers in return. they would weather the initial threats, taunts, violent behaviour, wearing the subject down with the placid repeating of the questions, hoping to bore them into submission and break their will.

the tyranid would be kept alive for a while to study its behaviours by biologists, if they have other corpses to study in its place they may even keep it alive permanently (hello potential beacon to the hive mind). They would probably try to establish if it can communicate or has intelligence beyond that of a beast, this will have varied success depending on which biotype it is.

the necron would have phased out if it was even partially intact, so they've either found a still-dormant one, or it was so damaged by weapons fire that the remaining pieces are good for little else but study of the materials it is constructed from, in an attempt to understand their strengths and weaknesses, and where they might have originated. any databanks the necrons have (if they can even be identified as such to an alien race) would be pored over to attempt to extract the memories.

the ork would be kept *heavily* chained at all times, as the tau would be aware of their strength and warring nature. questioning here would probably yield little unless they can use psychology to ask probing questions, where the ork would boast of his armies and boss, giving them some intel to work with. hopefully they would have air scrubbers working overtime to prevent a 'fungus' outbreak nearby the facility :)

probably the chaos marine would be chained too purely on reputation (depending on the circumstances of their capture), though the marine may be able to beguile his way into being later treated as a civilised prisoner, answering questions with half truths in an attempt to win their trust (and his freedom). The tau may not even be aware of the distinction between the chaos marine and his imperial brethren, and so may ask questions about the imperial movements in the sector and why they are invading, much to the amusement of the chaos marine as he gives them all sorts of false intel to foment war in the region.

the eldar - I would imagine this as being like peasants holding royalty prisoner - the eldar would sneer down his nose at the lowly aliens, making disparaging comments about their lack of advancement and how inferior/unimportant they are, except as pawns for manipulation as the eldar wish. the eldar would probably fall back into one of their prior aspects or part thereof, basically sitting in a trance state or meditating, controlling themselves, vastly more patient than the tau interrogators who would probably give up in the end and try to contact the eldar to arrange an exchange for the purposes of goodwill between them.

I would imagine the dark eldar would start in much the same way, insulting the tau and so forth, however they lack the sense of restraint of their kin, and the pirate would probably try to secure their trust first to create a more relaxed atmosphere, then succumb to their base urges and try to cut their way free.

jhon
05-09-2007, 04:42

humm... you know, their is no such thing as tech marine in a choas legion. their is warsmith or the war engineer in the iron warrior legion or their are those infect by the techo virus ... for the infect one will gather and create a cult guild . but to the tau or other xeno they are all tech marine. the tech marine in the story is a infect one .

Colonel Myrymma
05-09-2007, 05:08
Is this thread just on what happens if tau capture things or is it on the other races as well?

jhon
05-09-2007, 07:42
the things is tau never take pisroner , they either drug them to talk and kill it or just kill it never take it over night , specially choas .

colmarekblack
05-09-2007, 09:02
the things is tau never take pisroner , they either drug them to talk and kill it or just kill it never take it over night , specially choas .

The Tau are actually quite gracious to Guardsmen prisoners providing they surrender and join the greater good of course. Other than they they can be quite sadistic whilst appearing friendly.

Feor
05-09-2007, 11:40
The other thing you're all forgetting. In several cases they won't really have the opportunity to keep them prisoner for long. The Eldar, Tyranids, and Marines will try to get their companion back. In the first case the Tau have little hope of defending against a serious assault by the Eldar, in the second two cases, they're probably going to lose the world they're holding the prisoner on in the course of his recovery.

ctsteel
05-09-2007, 11:56
why would the tyranids fight to regain a single creature? that's like you hunting someone down because they have one of your hairs - the nids would view it as irrelevant, unless we are talking a significant being like a hive tyrant, but even then if the nids came, it would only be due to following the psychic beacon. However I'm not sure a single nid has the power to do that, usually with genestealer cults it takes thousands of them all calling out to draw a fleet in.

re the eldar/marines - the other races would first need to know that the tau have one of their own as a prisoner, which isn't always a given if there was a battle leading up to the capture - a presumed casualty in an explosion for instance. though I would imagine should the information get out, some sort of threats would ensue first before they tried a rescue attempt. in both cases the tau would probably just hand the prisoner over to avoid loss of their own people 'for the greater good'.

RedStompa
05-09-2007, 16:27
Is this thread just on what happens if tau capture things or is it on the other races as well?

Any situation were one of the said races on the list were to capture another one of the said races... disregard this for tyranids obviously because they don't take prisoners.

What about Orkos?

How would other races treat them if they were captured?

(This Tread does not include the imprium, because we would all know what would happen to a xeno/traitor if caught, and we all know what would happen to an imperial if they were caught)

FigureFour
05-09-2007, 16:48

He's not speaking in binary, those sentences are way too short. You need at least 5 digits to a letter.

As for how other races would take prisoners . . .
Necrons wouldn't.
Orks would play around with them and then eventually probably execute them through a series of gladiatorial contests. (What fun is killing without a fight?)
Chaos would sacrifice them to a demon. Or just torture them for fun/information if they aren't particularly devout.

Tastyfish
05-09-2007, 17:33
For the Tau, it would probably either be the science labs if you're something new or the prisoner is badly hurt (easiest way to find out how something works is to see what makes it stop), re-education if its a species they are familiar with unless its a particularly important individual in which case they might attempt a prisoner exchange or try to ransom them for something (land rights, end to hostilities, a sign of good faith). That said if none of those options are open to them they would probably just as happily dispose of the prisoner.

For the most part, Orks are slavers if they are established a civilisation. Prisoners would be sent to work in munition factories and mines, most of the other races are a bit squishy and easily broken, but that does make them easier to control than grots. An isolated warband might interrogate them to find the rest of the enemy or more orks, but for the most part the Boyz are unlikely to possess a sophisticated array of interrogation techniques to make much use of useful prisoners. Mostly they'll probably just shoot you.

Rockerfella
05-09-2007, 17:43
At a guess, i'd say the Dark Eldar take their prisoners from behind. *nods* For sure. Without a doubt.

I'll get me coat.... again.

Dakkagor
05-09-2007, 17:48
Eldar:
The Tau, as a civilised race, would probably treat the eldar as a POW, and ransom him back to his craftworld after a lengthy (but not harmful)interrogation.

Orks( or a sigle ork)
No ork would ever let itself be taken alive in combat, and most would fight to the death. In these rare instances, the ork would be eliminated by the tau fire caste, as no ork has ever accepted the greater good.

a Chaos Marine or the like
A chaos marine would likely be interrogated, and depending on the danger they present, disposed of or detained for further study. I imagine the decision of the local ethereals (who recognise chaos is the mon'tau of the imperium) would likely push to have the monsters eliminated. Cultists might be incorporated into a gue'va enclave, where they would probably end up being lynched.

Dark Eldar
Same as Eldar I suppose. Though I think the dark eldar die if out of the webway too long. That would limit interrogation oppurtunities. Alsom they would be excedingly resistant to all methods of interrogation and most likely responsible for the death of many tau. A wise and experienced commander would shoot the beast himself.

Tyranid
Biopsied or dissected. Tyranids cannot be negotiated with and represent a massive threat to the greater good.

Necron
Taken to pieces by the earth caste.

another question is: What is the Chaos marine 'policy' whe taking xenos as prisoners, obviously they would kill he eldar, but what of the others?

They would probably SACRIFICE the eldar, rather than kill him, to gain the favour of slaneesh. Orks might be used as training targets, the rest would be slaves or eliminated.

What is the ork 'policy' on taking chaos prisoners?
If they subdue the prisoner without tearing him to pieces (generally what it takes to put down a marine) they'll be slaves like the rest of their prisoners. I can imagine fighting breaking out between chaos worshipping and imperial loyalist work gangs as the slavers place teef on the likely winner.

RedStompa
06-09-2007, 00:46
yeah it would be pretty cool to hear about chaos and loyalist workgangs beating the crap outta eachother while under orkish enslavement.

I got another question; what if the Chaos marines fought the orks in an extreemly close battle (as in lost 90% of their fighting force) would they keep any ork prisoners as cannon fodder or would they sacrifice or execute them all?

I also want to know who would win: A Chaos lord (undivided) or a Gork&mork -esque Ork Warlord.

I think the tau would have sucess in taking orks prisoner- they got plentys of flashbosses and more freem and dakka an ork could dream of!

Devil-Tears
06-09-2007, 01:26
yeah it would be pretty cool to hear about chaos and loyalist workgangs beating the crap outta eachother while under orkish enslavement.

I got another question; what if the Chaos marines fought the orks in an extreemly close battle (as in lost 90% of their fighting force) would they keep any ork prisoners as cannon fodder or would they sacrifice or execute them all?

I also want to know who would win: A Chaos lord (undivided) or a Gork&mork -esque Ork Warlord.

I think the tau would have sucess in taking orks prisoner- they got plentys of flashbosses and more freem and dakka an ork could dream of!

Chaos would probably still execute/sacrafice all the orks, as they'll find the orks extremely annoying to keep.

A Chaos lord against a Ork warlord huh? Depending on the Chaos lord's mark:

Khorne - Hard to say, as both individuals are extremely powerful in close combat, though it would probably end in a stalemate of sorts.

Nurgle - It would take a long time, but I think the ork warboss would gain the upperhand sooner or later.

Slaanesh - If they didn't shoot the orks to death first, probably a decent fight until the ork gets too pissed off by the "pleasure" thing and destroys the lord.

Tzeentch - If the lord didn't psychic the warboss to death at range, the warboss would make mincemeat out of him.

Also, Orks would probably dislike Tau technology, as it is unorky, and no Ork likes unorky things.:D

jhon
06-09-2007, 01:54
The Tau are actually quite gracious to Guardsmen prisoners providing they surrender and join the greater good of course. Other than they they can be quite sadistic whilst appearing friendly.

ture but those are the 'guess' of the tau empire ,not prisoners . also the men power is the most limit resource in the tau empire , they wont waste it to guard the prisoners. join the greater good live on as our guess or get drug tell us every thing than die ,or die like a warrior .

scratchbuilt
06-09-2007, 11:02
I would see the tau bending over backwards to be civilized and keep the prisoners alive, in a prison. Not as workers, and different factions kept apart. Even Orks and Nids.

Orks force prisoners to work, as in the Armageddon fluff. The conditions are often terminal though.

I would see chaos doing similar. In the older fluff chaos where more like misunderstood free spirit hippies, who murdered a bit. Charles Manson cultist types. They were often shown trying to convert prisoners (if they where the books protagonist especially)

Nids eat their prisoners. Num num num.

Inquisitors would do terrible terrible things to their prisoners. And their own soldiers sometimes. As would Dark Elder, but they'd enjoy it more... possibly.

Marines, Guard and Elder would kill prisoners. Though Elder would reserve the right to do something random because they're so inscrutable and capricious.

Necrons don't pay attention.

RedStompa
06-09-2007, 15:23
How would chaos marines think keeping an ork alive as 'annoying'?

they could just feed it dead cultists or live ones..

I mean, wouldn't they want to grow a big ork to randomly throw out into the middle of the battle and surprise their enemies?

Also:

I would think an ork would like tau weaponry for its sheer destructiveness. Unless by orky you mean it breaks half the time, shoots a quarter of the time, and blows up any other time.

Would orks use any other weaponry?

YES! they take imperial vehicles! and in a Cain book, they found a looted heavy bolter, so I don't see why they wouldn't adapt to the Tau's FREEM-ing plasma weaponry?

oh and just as a side thought, how would the tau treat captured xeno weaponry such as a bolter, a shiruken catapult, ork slugga, or chaos weapon?

In the case of chaos marines- what would they do if they captured one from another legion? sacrifice it? interrorgate? sneer at them and laugh? look bored ly at them and walk away?

Dakkagor
06-09-2007, 18:47
You have to remember orks treat their weapons very well. Tau weapons strike me as very reliable as long as they are well maintained. Without powerpacks to feed them and no training, most pulse rifles will end up as clubs at the end of their working lifespan.

ryng_sting
06-09-2007, 19:08
The Tau have learnt what happens when you try and negotiate with the Tyranids - you end up being served for tea, extra rare. They'd kill one on sight and study its remains later.

RedStompa
06-09-2007, 22:12
well obviously if an ork was assimilated intot he greater good it would be trained in how to use its weaponry... a club would not be so bad for an ork to use if it came to that though..

Devil-Tears
06-09-2007, 22:43
well obviously if an ork was assimilated intot he greater good it would be trained in how to use its weaponry... a club would not be so bad for an ork to use if it came to that though..

Orks CAN'T be assimilated. They don't care about anything except for war and battle. The Greater Good is far too boring and peaceful for them, so they'll just ignore and possibly attack the Tau. Also, Tau weapons usually use pulse lasers and plasma, not really things that make a bang. Orks like things like explosions and fire, and I think Tau weapons would just be too unexplosive for their liking.

Also, the thing with chaos capturing Orks.... If there are more than one Orks, they'll probably try to escape and if that fails, probably attack and kill each other out of boredom from sitting in a cage. If there was only one Ork, it would just attack its jailers or scream "WAGHHHH!!!" and try to break down the door/cage all day long. The annoying bit depends on the mark of Chaos. Tzeentch would have no use for an ork, since they're more interested in knowledge. Khorne would just kill the ork, because thats what they do. Only Nurgle or Slaanesh would consider keeping an ork: Nurgle to infest and kill slowly, Slaanesh to enjoy themselves by fighting/torturing it.

ctsteel
06-09-2007, 23:06
imagine an ork interred in a chaos dreadnought :eek:

RedStompa
07-09-2007, 02:10
Lmao: " Chaos tactical squad to interrred ork in chaos dread: Damnation! Where is our support 'Ardskull Nashgrab?"

" Ork Dread: D'ah which button makes dis ting go.... a nevermind boss"
" Chaos Aspiring Champion: Gods DAMN it! hes going bezerk- and headed right for US!!"
"Ork Dread: STOMP! SMASH! STOMP SMASH!"
*Sounds of cracking admantium and agony are heard*
* in the distance* 'WAAAAAAAAAHHHHGGG!!!!!!'
"Space Marine Commander: What, Orks? I thought we were fighting Chaos!" *sees ork-chaos dread stomping on remaind of a Chaos Tac Squad*
"Space Marine Commander: EGADS! ORKS IN CHAOS LEGION POWER ARMOR! Send out our Orks to fight their Orks!"
"Marine Drednaught: I am not an Ork."
"SM Commander: Oh...I see..."

hmm. that didn't turn out as funny as I wanted it to... oh well.

Anyways, I thought orks used energy weapons; Zzzap Gun? Didn't they have some form of plasma rifle?

If the tau can brainwash Humans, how could they not brainwash orkos? Give them some Human Auxillary weapons if they want more dakka, and send them along with suciside squads if they want to fight so badly.

I can see how it would be annoying hearing "WAAAAAAAHHHHGGG!!!!!!! All the time in a chaos fortress, but wouldn't it be worth it to have a super huge ork to send out against your enimies if the need arose? Sure he could kill a few chaos marines in the process, but hey thats what their there for....right?

Devil-Tears
07-09-2007, 03:16
Anyways, I thought orks used energy weapons; Zzzap Gun? Didn't they have some form of plasma rifle?

Truth, though I always thought of the Zzzap Gun shooting out lightning and burning something (most likely a grot), but thats just me.:p
I think the plasma rifle you're thinking of is the Kustom Mega Blasta. Its waaaayyy too diverse to determine what it shoots, as each mech does his own thing, though I wouldn't doubt it shot something like plasma.

If the tau can brainwash Humans, how could they not brainwash orkos? Give them some Human Auxillary weapons if they want more dakka, and send them along with suciside squads if they want to fight so badly.

I can see your point, as the Tau are masters at brain washing. However, Orks would be harder to brainwash since its their nature and instinct to destroy and fight. I would imagine it would take the Tau a very, very, long time to brainwash one Ork. Maybe artificial brain transplants?

I can see how it would be annoying hearing "WAAAAAAAHHHHGGG!!!!!!! All the time in a chaos fortress, but wouldn't it be worth it to have a super huge ork to send out against your enimies if the need arose? Sure he could kill a few chaos marines in the process, but hey thats what their there for....right?

I agree, especially if they could somehow convert it to Khorne (only for undivided legions). However, the Ork MUST be in a dreadnought.:chrome: Why? Because now I have that Image stuck in my head.:evilgrin:

FeralHarlequin
07-09-2007, 03:21
What happens to the Dark Eldar's Prisioners is the most clear...seeing as how it's clearly outlined in the Dark Eldar codex.

Eldar...it would depend on the craftworld. If it was Altaioc, Saim-Hann or Beil-Tan, you're dead. If it was Ulthwe' or Iyaden...you were probably spared intentionally and they'll just let you go.

Orks...take slaves.

Humans (Marines/Guard) kill, unless they're under orders from an Inquisitor. So it's death. Or torture, then death.

Tyranids will eat you in order to incorporate your DNA.

Necrons kill anything 'living'

Chaos will torture you for fun, then sacrifice you to a god/daemon.

So...with the exception of Tau/Eldar...you're pretty much dead. Unless you're tortured, then killed.

RedStompa
07-09-2007, 18:41
What do you mean that if you were spared by the Eldar you were 'intentionally spared', by what a farseer saying: no,no,no this is all wrong this gaurdsmen is supposed to die THIS way, not here!. or will they use whoever they let go as puppets in their game?

another question; if an ork managed to capture a tech-priest what would happen? would they take him to the mek? depends on the clan? would da bloodaxes do it?

Chaplain Ark
07-09-2007, 23:28
What happens to the Dark Eldar's Prisioners is the most clear...seeing as how it's clearly outlined in the Dark Eldar codex.

Eldar...it would depend on the craftworld. If it was Altaioc, Saim-Hann or Beil-Tan, you're dead. If it was Ulthwe' or Iyaden...you were probably spared intentionally and they'll just let you go.

Orks...take slaves.

Humans (Marines/Guard) kill, unless they're under orders from an Inquisitor. So it's death. Or torture, then death.

Tyranids will eat you in order to incorporate your DNA.

Necrons kill anything 'living'

Chaos will torture you for fun, then sacrifice you to a god/daemon.

So...with the exception of Tau/Eldar...you're pretty much dead. Unless you're tortured, then killed.

Thank god were not POW's then, right?

SV_Harlequin
07-09-2007, 23:42
Tau I doubt would do anything to an Eldar prisoner, they would probably brought before a Ethereal and then let go considering its a good chance the Eldar are manipulating the Tau and would have probably bit in some sort of subconicse thing in them to not harm Eldar.

Eldar POV:
Human - I can see either being used as sword practice or being "educated"
Ork - Dead
Chaos - Dead
Necron - Dismantled
Nid - Autopsied
Tau - Sent on its way with a packed lunch and told not to do it again or just shot

RedStompa
08-09-2007, 01:59
I can see Eldar being a litte nicer to the Tau cause their the noobs of the galaxy-along with those cakling chaos marines.

stormblade
08-09-2007, 08:15
I don't know about Eldar ever autopsying anyone, they seem to think that they already know it all and don't need any research- it fits with them being the most arrogant race in the galaxy.