PDA

View Full Version : chaos magic 2k fast attack

eleveninches
05-09-2007, 10:35
2k:

165: lv2 Sorcerer (blade of blood, enchanted shield) [chariot]
206: lv2 Sorcerer (MoS, barded steed, sceptre of domination, powerstone) [knights #1]
206: lv2 Sorcerer (MoS, barded steed, power familiar) [knights #2]
226: lv2 Sorcerer (MoN, barded steed, spell familiar, filth mace) [warhounds]
140: Chariot (MoT)
140: Chariot (MoT)
260: 5 Knights (MoT, FC, warbanner)
205: 5 Knights (MoT, standard)
96: 6 Flesh Hounds
132: 4 Screamers
150: 2x Spawn (slaaneshi)
35: 7 Warhounds
30: 6 Warhounds
----
----

a fast hitting chaos magic army that i could use with the chaos models i have on my shelves. The general can keep his wounds nice and high from the chariots impact hits. The nurgle sorcerer only needs to cause a single wound (warmachine crew perhaps) and then i'll have a unit of terror-causing fast-cavalry running around the board. The rest of the army can charge in turn 2, and i'll have a load of power dice, and my charge range should almost always be higher than that of most infantry units.

Neknoh
05-09-2007, 10:38
Characters with the Mark of SLaanesh may NOT join units with the Mark of Tzeentch, nor can Sorcerors of Chaos use the Enchanted Shield (they do NOT have the option for a shield in their normal wargear options).

I am also suprised as to why you would like to include merely one Sorceror of Nurgle in the list , and as to why you are not using an exalted Sorceror. Furthermore, your list is a misch-masch of a bunch of things and as such very hard to judge, you don't really have any clearcut plan as to what to do using the army.

What is your metagame?
What armies are you likely to face?

necroyp
07-09-2007, 04:21
Not much in the army to absorb shooting. Hope you don't face a shooty army.

Kerill
07-09-2007, 04:33
The army really is a bit all over the place, with a lot of mixing of marks but not necessarily for good effect. Also the blade of blood on a model with 1 S4 attack is a waste of points. Again filth mace a bit of a waste on a sorcerer as well. Impact hits don't count towards the blade of blood.

If you want to make him more hitty give him a warrior familiar instead.

You are probably better off making your build slaanesh/Tzeentch rather than trying to fit in every single mark imaginable but its your call.
as neknoh said your sorcerers can't join the knights, nor can your first sorcerer go on a chariot of Tzeentch.

Necronoxz
07-09-2007, 05:03
165: lv2 Sorcerer (blade of blood, enchanted shield) [chariot]

I'm not a chaos player so mayby this can me...

can a sorcerer wear armour in chaos? becouse a shield count also as armour ;)

and about the chariot I played with my High elfs a mage at a chariot and it get kicked every battle bether play it in a unit ;)

Kerill
07-09-2007, 06:29
good point there necronoxz, he can't have an enchanted shield, chaos sorcerers can wear chaos armour/similar armours but don't have a shield option so can't carry a magic shield (otherwise the baneshield would be tremendous).

Necronoxz
07-09-2007, 07:00
[QUOTE=Kerill;1886775]good point there necronoxz,QUOTE]

tnx :o