PDA

View Full Version : VC balanced 2k

eleveninches
05-09-2007, 10:47
my balanced VC list:

balanced (regular army list):

358: Count von Onetoten (lv2, necrarch, barded nightmare, dark acolyte, sword of unholy power, crown of the damned) [black knights]
162: lv2 Necromancer (book of arkhan, dispel scroll, barded nightmare) [dire wolves]
140: lv2 Necromancer (staff of damnation)
140: lv2 Necromancer (black periapt, powerstone)
223: 22 Skeletons (fc, spears)
231: 37 Zombies (standard, musician)
100: 9 Dire wolves (doom wolf)
260: 7 Black Knights (fc, barding, banner of the barrows)
200: Black Coach
90: Banshee
96: 12 Ghouls
----
----

3k:

2000: As above
140: lv2 Necromancer (spell familiar, dispel scroll)
125: lv2 Necromancer (powerstone)
196: 19 Skeletons
230: 6 Black Knights (fc, barding, screaming banner)
205: DOW Giant
96: 12 Ghouls
----
----

I've been having moderate success with this list, but the general keeps dying, so i think i will revert to my necromancer list, which i have revised, and keep my general safe in the centre

Azmazi
06-09-2007, 02:14
drop the sword of unholy power and the crown of the damned, and pick up a ring of the night and look at another blood power, possibly to add another level on him for more power dice and another spell.

eleveninches
06-09-2007, 11:13
whats wrong with crown of the damned? ld9 means that he will pas his stupidity most of the time

blurred
06-09-2007, 11:35
Both lists look good. However, IMHO big games (3k+) are meant to be fun and played with fun armies; your 3k list seems to have a lot of magic. Why not switch one necromancer for a wight or throw in a wraith with a nightmare. Both are fun and fluffy choices and if your opponent brings medium magic you won't dominate the game so much.

If your gaming group is über-competitive feel free to ignore my comment. :)

eleveninches
06-09-2007, 11:48
My gaming group does have a few somewhat vicious lists. I have been toying with the idea of having a mounted wraith in a unit of wolves to have a terror-causing unit of fast cavalry, but i really would hate to have to drop the necromancer for it

Necronoxz
06-09-2007, 18:17
whats wrong with crown of the damned? ld9 means that he will pas his stupidity most of the time

at the time you need to pass your LD test you fail it ;)
watch my words :D I have used it manny times so realy I know what bad luck is all about :D

Azmazi
07-09-2007, 03:51
eleven, because the second he fail's that test, he leaves that unit and now is in the open and can be picked out. As you cannot move the unit back into him as you now no longer have a moment phase for him. So that means on the opp. next turn they now get a free reign of shots on him, if the rule let you move the whole unit forward with him then it would be alright, as they couldn't single him out.

Ring of the Night is the only ward save anyone uses due to that.

EvC
07-09-2007, 15:45
Not only does he become unable to move properly, but he can't cast spells either. On average you'll fail one stupidity test our of every six at Ld9, it's not worth the risk...