PDA

View Full Version : Model range

Sojourner
05-09-2007, 13:32
Is the online store (UK) accurate in showing which model lines are currently available for sale, or is it possible that there are other items of stock kicking around in the warehouse that aren't listed? I ask because just lately, I've been browsing for older designs - mostly imperial guard - and have come up short. The idea that the Solar Macharius or old Bedford Stormtroopers are completely out of production is a joke - the moulds won't have deteriorated that badly - and if GW simply can't be bothered, that's just another nail in the coffin of their credibility.

Crube
05-09-2007, 14:13
The UK online store is, I'm afraid to say, completely pant at the moment. Even on current ranges it doesnt list the whole range, or even companents.

Best bet, i've found is to call and ask. they can still get most of the old stuff (even old 1980's elf warhounds....)

Jedi152
05-09-2007, 14:16
Yes, definitely call.

I've got a few bits that have never been on the store.

For those in the knowledge: Are the codes still the same as they were originally? If i go to SOLegends and get codes for bits i want, will i simply be able to quote them down the phone?

dean
05-09-2007, 14:29
Yes, definitely call.

I've got a few bits that have never been on the store.

For those in the knowledge: Are the codes still the same as they were originally? If i go to SOLegends and get codes for bits i want, will i simply be able to quote them down the phone?

I dont think so. At some point they went to this 13 digit partcode that doesnt appear on (most of) the SoL pages. However they may be able to figure out which bit you want if you give them the cataloge page number.

Osbad
05-09-2007, 14:37
Given the large number of recent redundancies, I suspect some of the staff who maintained the webstore may have been among them...

Just a guess...

Crube
05-09-2007, 14:42
As for old codes, the system used to be able to trace them...now, I'm not so sure.

Still worth giving it a try in my opinion. The MO staff may not be perfect, but some of them really do know their models, and will generally do anything they can to help you track down the models.

I used the description, Wood Elf Earhound, code 74249/14, and they knew exactly what I was on about...

Lord Malek The Red Knight
05-09-2007, 14:45
I used SOLegends codes the other day, actually. i think the MO guy had to take the " / " out, or something, in order to search by them, but they did work. :)

and yes, they do have things available to buy that arent shown on site - a while back i was chatting with them about a conversion and the guy managed to find me the codes for the old Ash Nomads. he didnt have any pics, so had to describe them from memory based off the part/model names, but i could have ordered them if i wanted to (as it turns out il mainly use Tallarns, but i might get the odd couple of Nomads at some point).

so definately give them a ring, and try any codes you can find. :)

~ Tim

Jedi152
05-09-2007, 15:00
I used the description, Wood Elf Earhound, code 74249/14, and they knew exactly what I was on about...
Earhound? Sounds like a mutant to me!

The online store is shrinking too ... they've all but removed the classic Lord of Change bits (one of my favourite models even if i've never got round to buying it).

Good to know old Necromunda stuff is still around Tim. Wonder if they have the old Ratskins...