PDA

View Full Version : Magical weapon + pistol

Vazalaar
05-09-2007, 16:46
Is it allowed to have a character with a magical weapon and have a pistol? I know that a pistol count as an aditional hand weapon.
But it's not allowed to use a magical weapon an aditional handweapon. So no +1 attack. But it is allowed to do first a stand and shoot with the pistol and in close combat use the magical sword?

The character is equiped with: armour of meteoric iron, icon of magnus, sword of sigmund and a pistol. He sits in a big block of halberdiers.

Greetings

heretics bane
05-09-2007, 16:48
I dont know if it works for the empire but dwarfs with magic weapons get +1 attack from the pistol in CC? maybe it couts for the empire as well

Revlid
05-09-2007, 17:00
I dont know if it works for the empire but dwarfs with magic weapons get +1 attack from the pistol in CC? maybe it couts for the empire as well

Unless there's a specific rule in the Dwarf book that says they do, no they don't. And I've never heard of such a rule.

But yes, you can Stand-and-Shoot. You are allowed to use any missile weapon you have to do so, regardless of whether you have a magic item or not.

ZomboCom
05-09-2007, 17:02
You may use the pistol as a missile weapon, and for standing and shooting, but in close combat you just use your magic weapon.

This is the same for empire, dwarfs and any other army.

Festus
05-09-2007, 17:31
As has been pointed out already, this definitely is untrue: If you have a Magic Weapon, you must use it exclusively in close combat, and nothing else nor anything besides it (exception: Brets, as always :rolleyes:).

BRB, p.121

Festus