PDA

View Full Version : Blood Ravens

Vesica
05-09-2007, 22:23
hey guys i was just looking on google at the 2 Blood ravens captains from the DoW games, as i want to make a force using the Blood Ravens colours but changing the red to another colour and renaming them.

Now my question is do you think there captains have to much gold on them? if not which do you prefer?

Captain Angelos: who has less gold and looks fairly decent
Captain Thule: who basically has more gold than red on him.

I cant deciede which to use as my captains base.

thanks guys.

If you search google or look on the DoW site you can see them.

mruss.bus
05-09-2007, 22:29
I don't know about everyone else but I've always had a thing for the so called bling marines. Go for the gold! Or whichever you prefer.

I'm currently painting up my Sallies commander kind of like the DoW guys.

Brother Enok
05-09-2007, 22:29
If you take the blood ravens, remove the red and change the name, thier not really blood ravens anymore.

Personally, I prefer Gabriel Angelos. More character and better look imho.

ctsteel
05-09-2007, 22:30
you want to use the blood ravens colours, but then change the red for another colour - so actually not using their colours? or do you mean you want to use their rules?

as for which HQ to use, if you are planning on using a different main colour than red, the commander you choose may depend on which colour you replace it with, since that colour may look good with a small amount of gold, or it may look better as a feature colour to mainly gold armour.

try a mockup in DoW or using the B&C marine painter and experiment til you find what you like

Vesica
05-09-2007, 22:32
i realise i didnt come across right, what i ment was i like there secondary colours and how they set out the colours.

Screw it i will just make a Blood Ravens chapter.

So far 1 vote for Angelos, and tbh even tho i have not played DC i really like Angelos aswell.

Turanos
05-09-2007, 22:33
I have to agree with Enok, Angelos has more gravitas. He's more like a commander than Thule, who seems to basically be a good fighter. What's more, Angelos has the dark background, putting his own homeworld to the torch, and having a running personal conflict with Chaos and heresy in general.

Brother Enok
05-09-2007, 22:34
Plus his name is cooler :P

devolutionary
05-09-2007, 22:50
It's true, but there really is something about all the bling... wait, I'm an ultramarine player, ignore me, I'm an extremist on this subject :D

LexxBomb
05-09-2007, 23:44
wsnt all that gold because the armour was artificer armour

Brother Enok
05-09-2007, 23:53
Perhaps. I never really understoon what Artificer armour was suposed to look like.

RedWolf
05-09-2007, 23:56
I vote for Thule. He gave an awesome speech before I crushed him in the campaign.

carlisimo
06-09-2007, 00:04
Pick your primary color first, then decide on the gold. A gold figure stands out in a good way among red troops - as long as it's not quite as much gold as Tycho (the Blood Angel) is painted with. But if you went with yellow marines, you wouldn't want to do gold.

But generally speaking... the gold works well. Especially if you use smaller amounts on your other veterans or squad leaders.

LexxBomb
06-09-2007, 02:50
I still dont understand why they painted tyco gold in the most resant pics of him
1. he went death comapny and his armour was painted black
2. he died in the third Armegeddon war

carlisimo
06-09-2007, 04:27
Most recent? He died? Oh man, I've been out of it. It's been 10 years since I've been up to date on Blood Angels stuff. And back then he was gold.

Vesica
06-09-2007, 14:55
Yea it was a sad day when they killed him off, but allow other worser characters to live.

Leftenant Gashrog
06-09-2007, 18:04
I still dont understand why they painted tyco gold in the most resant pics of him
1. he went death comapny and his armour was painted black
2. he died in the third Armegeddon war

Because he his stats are 'historical' representing him in his prime?

Look & fluffwise i prefer Gabriel Angelos, but I much prefer Davian Thule as a name.. Davian Thule is odd enough that sounds like an actual honest to god soldier of the Imperium, whereas Gabriel Angelos sounds like something formulaic thought up by a commity to be the name of a character in a computer game.

LexxBomb
12-09-2007, 12:55
i must be weird because I like the librarium in the Dawn of war (not dark crusade)

redbaron998
12-09-2007, 13:50
I would Pick Thule for a very specific reason, I loved Gabrial untill I read the 3rd Blood Ravens Book (some terrible fluff you can easily try to pretend never happened) , Listening to Eldar usually is a pretty good idea, trusting them not so much, but listening never hurts.

Spoiler
In the 3rd BR Book Gabrial essentially damns his entire chapter (or company if they can purge them in time. How stupid to you have to be, his company didnt need recruits that bad, go back to the main BR fleet and restock with reserve marines. Dont damn your entire chapter.

Vesica
12-09-2007, 20:52
lol thanks for the heads up red baron, on a related topic i was sooo close to playing dawn of war today but stupid nvidia have not released the driver update for my new laptops graphics card grrr.