PDA

View Full Version : 1K Khemri, newcomer.

taphos
05-09-2007, 23:42
So I wrote up a list for my new Tomb Kings army, and I like it. Never played a single game of Fantasy, but I think regardless of how it fairs my first ten games I'll stick with it..

108Tomb Prince; GW LA+SH, Dispel Scroll (can non-magic users carry these?)

140Liche Priest; Hieratic Jar (I hate the high cost of this model.. it really does bother me, but it's required and the Jar is too good to pass up >.<)

240(2x) Skelton Archers x15
150 Skeleton Warriors, Light Armor, Standard Musician (Prince joins)(would spears be better?)
45 Tomb Swarm (to guard the catapult)

120 Chariots x3, bare (counter charge)
85 Tomb Scorpion
90 Screaming Skull Catapult

Seeing as I'm just starting up, this is where I'll begin my list at... For 2K points my theme is going to be a Queen Khalida/Poison-Mass Archers list, but for now this will be my intro army.

My general tactic in mind is a slow advance with the priest in between the two archer squads, the prince in the warrior unit moving up, tomb scorpion for psychological purposes, and the catapult for it's obvious purpose. What do you think? I've heard/read TK aren't so good under 2K, but that isn't going to deter me. Let me know ;)

ERR... can a mod move this? 12-hour work shift does wonders on my common sense.... >.<

theunwantedbeing
06-09-2007, 00:44
Looks fine.

The only thing I'de possibly change is to move the skeleton archers into 3 units of 10.

He Who Is Him
06-09-2007, 01:12
TK is hard under 2k, but it can be done (Usually shooty list). Some major comments to start:

a. You need the full number of characters possible. TK relies on their magic for pretty much all their success, so you need the characters. Tomb Kings and Princes are both good close combat characters and the priests magic more than makes up for their cost (you'll prob spend about 1/4-1/3 of your points on characters and their equipment).

b. TK's power is in their special and rare units. TK core is relatively weak, but their special and rare more than make up for it (look at the stat lines for scorps and everyone loves the CoS and SSC). You should always be using the max amount of special and rare units allowed based on your battle size.

So, first thing you want to do is add another character (prob Liche priests) and an other special unit (depends on what strat you want to run). You mentioned you wanted to do a slow advance and that's what it will be...SLOW. TK can move with magic (one unit per successful spell), but on blocks of warriors it's still a slow process (4" vs. 8" isn't a big deal in warhammer no matter what she said (it was a cold day, give me a break)). If you want to charge the enemy, you need to bulk out your army with chariots and some of the other big (well, bigger) movement units (scorps, Ushabtis, carrion). If you want to build your Asp Queen list, why not start using the tactics now that you'll use later. Build a shooty list (I feel like a drug dealer you'd see on an after-school I've been pushing TK shooting lists so much lately) and start testing out tactics for larger battles.

What kind of list do you want to run?

taphos
06-09-2007, 01:53
TK is hard under 2k, but it can be done (Usually shooty list). Some major comments to start:

a. You need the full number of characters possible. TK relies on their magic for pretty much all their success, so you need the characters. Tomb Kings and Princes are both good close combat characters and the priests magic more than makes up for their cost (you'll prob spend about 1/4-1/3 of your points on characters and their equipment).

b. TK's power is in their special and rare units. TK core is relatively weak, but their special and rare more than make up for it (look at the stat lines for scorps and everyone loves the CoS and SSC). You should always be using the max amount of special and rare units allowed based on your battle size.

So, first thing you want to do is add another character (prob Liche priests) and an other special unit (depends on what strat you want to run). You mentioned you wanted to do a slow advance and that's what it will be...SLOW. TK can move with magic (one unit per successful spell), but on blocks of warriors it's still a slow process (4" vs. 8" isn't a big deal in warhammer no matter what she said (it was a cold day, give me a break)). If you want to charge the enemy, you need to bulk out your army with chariots and some of the other big (well, bigger) movement units (scorps, Ushabtis, carrion). If you want to build your Asp Queen list, why not start using the tactics now that you'll use later. Build a shooty list (I feel like a drug dealer you'd see on an after-school I've been pushing TK shooting lists so much lately) and start testing out tactics for larger battles.

What kind of list do you want to run?

definitely shooty.
What do you suggest at 1k?

Bregalad
06-09-2007, 09:42
This thread and discussion belongs here:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/fantasy-army-lists/

He Who Is Him
07-09-2007, 00:54
You'll need at least a Tomb Prince and a Liche Priest to be your general and hierophant. I would add another Priest because at low pt games, those two dispell dice generated by every army become huge. For your core, skele arcers or maybe tomb swarms. Special units would be Carrion, Tomb Guard and a Scorp. For the rare, SSC.

My 1k list looks like this:

Tomb Prince - GW, LA (100+4+2) 106
Liche Priest (Hierophant) - Collar of Shapeshift (115+25) 140
Liche Priest 115 115

10 Skeleton Warriors w/ Bows (8x10) 80
10 Skeleton Warriors w/ Bows (8x10) 80

3 Carrion (24x3) 72
15 Tomb Guard - Champ, Stnd, BOUL (15x12+12+12+25) 226
Scorp 85 85

SSC 90 90

Total 994

Basically, the prince starts in a bow unit, the heirophant with the other bow unit and the other priest with the SSC, with the tomb guard in the middle and the carrion and the scorp wherever you want them (they'll be hunting war machines or mages). Be sure to have the bow unit with the hierophant behind it near the SSC in case your other priest's incantation is dispelled. From there, rain the pain till the emeny gets close and then reform the bow units to help the Tomb Guard smash any units that are within charge range (and get the prince into the Tomb Guard if you can). Your scorp should have survived it's hunting expedition (maybe the carrion too) and can attack the rear. All you really have to do is keep your hierophant covered and do a slow back pedal with your archers. Most of the in-game strat comes when your enemy is about 10" away, and you're trying to set-up which CC fights you want (you should be able to set-up multi-unit charges as you have 1 1d6 incantation and 2 at 2d6). Once in CC, watch your Tomb Guard (and scorp if he makes it) chew through whatever is left and use smiting or summoning incantations as needed (again you should be getting a decent amount if you took out there mages).