PDA

View Full Version : Whats next after Orks?

gunmonkey
07-09-2007, 00:06
So I was wondering which army you all think will get the re-vamp next year after the orks?

MrPickles
07-09-2007, 00:09
Daemonworld (god-specific daemons and possibly LATD), Space Marine redux, hopefully dark eldar, and then either inquisition or space wolves.

Napster3
07-09-2007, 00:11
I heard it was to be a Space marine chapter.

RampagingRavener
07-09-2007, 00:12
My vote would be Blood Angels, based on the recent trial-codex they got in White Dwarf.

Napster3
07-09-2007, 00:13
I hope they do The space wolfs next If they are doing a Space marine

Maxis Lithium
07-09-2007, 00:40
Daemonworld (god-specific daemons and possibly LATD), Space Marine redux, hopefully dark eldar, and then either inquisition or space wolves.

I'm with Pickles on this. Can't say the order, and we might have to toss 'Cron in there somewhere, but that's the basics.

Adra
07-09-2007, 00:49
Lets just hope Deamon World does not bump orks....hahahahaha like that could happen...hahahahah...haha....ha...um.... *leaves*

Acolyte of Bli'l'ab
07-09-2007, 01:45
the "new army" : Chaos daemons.. (is so hoping for plastic flamers and horrors in the style of the current metal ones)

after that, id take a reasonable guess at it being space wolves, then dark eldar, then necrons, then inquisition in that order.

Frgt/10
07-09-2007, 02:39
My vote would be Blood Angels, based on the recent trial-codex they got in White Dwarf.

actually id say it wont be the blood angels for this very reason. since they've done a fill in list for them, id say theyre going to wait until the last possible moment to give them a dex. id love to see GW prove me wrong though:D
moving back on topic, the demons will more than likely be after the orks

Vesica
07-09-2007, 02:44
I think they might do the Blood Angels and Space Wolfs together, seen as BA got some new minis (i think) so all they need is a real codex so it might mae sense to release them together.

I hope they do the Inqs book soon i really want a Ordo Xenos force.

Ddraiglais
07-09-2007, 02:45
I'm hoping CSM, but fear that we'll have a few years until that gets updated. :D

Light of the Emperor
07-09-2007, 03:17
The BA just got a "mini codex" so they won't receive one for a bit. It's been said the Wolves don't really need major adjustments at the moment.
Then again, GW does like to alternate between marines and non marines.

I'm betting on DE next Christmas because they are still working on them...things are in motion though!

That leaves the necrons which are really a quick fix and daemonic legions which is a completely new codex.

The Inquisition is rumored to be in one all inclusive codex. If that's the case, it isn't going anywhere now because there is next to nothing on the ordo xenos.

Acolyte of Bli'l'ab
07-09-2007, 04:18
I'm betting on DE next Christmas because they are still working on them...things are in motion though!

That leaves the necrons which are really a quick fix and daemonic legions which is a completely new codex.

Yes, I agree. I think DE will be christmas 2008 too. i'm sure iv read around here work has started on them so it makes sense..inless they run into problems.

Agree on the Necrons, a "Tau empire" style codex would be fine. Just 2 or 3 new units, some plastics of previous ones (immortals/pariahs), some more fluff and fixing weak units like Pariahs ect.

Torga_DW
07-09-2007, 04:25
I think that whatever comes next, BA will be one of the last updates done since they got the WD update.

Acolyte of Bli'l'ab
07-09-2007, 04:48
After careful thought, id think it might go like this :

2008:
January - Orks
Summer - Chaos Daemons
December - Dark Eldar

2009:
January - Space Wolves
Summer - Necrons
December - Imperial Guard

2010:
January - Inquisition
Summer - Blood Angels??
December - New Race?? (hopefully!)

Isolation
07-09-2007, 05:08
I hope its Dark Eldar. They've dragged on long enough with Orks to finally be redone. In all honesty, Marines and variants thereof only need a FAQ or a quick White Dwarf write up (and subsequent pdf download). Kinda already sickens me to see another Chaos codex when Orks and Dark Eldar have been suffering as long as they have.

sebster
07-09-2007, 05:27
It’ll probably be Space Wolves, though they’re probably not all that necessary. I think the list plays pretty well as it is, most of the changes will probably be pretty minor.

If they’re serious about keeping Dark Eldar as a full army, they’d best do them again pretty soon. Not just to fix up the list, but to give them a new launch, with new miniatures. That probably depends on if GW thinks they can boost sales enough to justify giving them shelf space in stores long term.

The codex that probably sticks out the most as needing a reworking, to me, is Space Marines. It’s still stuck in the 3rd ed. mentality of static gun lines and dedicated assault troops and nothing in between. But there’s potentially a lot of politics involved in re-releasing the codex so soon, so it might still be a while until we get the redux.

Frgt/10
07-09-2007, 06:26
I think they might do the Blood Angels and Space Wolfs together, seen as BA got some new minis (i think) so all they need is a real codex so it might mae sense to release them together.

this wont happen, GW steered clear of this path a long time ago. last time 2 forces were released simultaneously woulda been back when 5th ed (warhammer) vampire counts came out at the same time as the ork codex. unless you count things like eye of terror and armageddon.

And no, the blood angels didnt get new models, a few of the characters were 're-released', with no differences at all:rolleyes:

Clang
07-09-2007, 06:35
wot ever happened to Xeno Hunters?

Korvos
07-09-2007, 06:40
They could do Space Wolves as a White Dwarf article like Blood Angels, that'd be nice (as in then it wouldn't take up a codex slot).

Xeno Hunters will be included in the collective Codex: Inquisition when it releases (as far as I know).

BrainFireBob
07-09-2007, 06:47
They decided not to continue with the Inquisition series.

If you want to do Xenos Hunters, take a Marine Chapter with a Kill-Team, Trust Your Battle Brothers and Favored Enemy, and Inquisitor allies.

Considering Battlefleet Gothic, I have to admit to a remote hope stirring for Admech, just for that Gothic aesthetic. Recently they've been less Gothic and more Bling (for Imperials), Egyptian (Eldar), and just dark (Chaos).

Reaver83
07-09-2007, 08:11
i'd heard there may be four codex's next year as they'll be no COD/APOC next year.

I'd think it's likely to be Orks, Demons, Dark Eldar, and then possibly Space puppies

Calden
07-09-2007, 08:27
There's the rumour of a minor rules redux too of course, that might push a codex out of the running at some point.

Warp Zero
07-09-2007, 09:59
knowing GW tendancies....I'm guessing....

Codex Daemons: Summer 2008
Codex Space Wolves & 13th Company: Beginning 2009
Fantasy Big Campaign/Event Summer 2009
Codex Necrons: Winter 2009
Codex Dark Eldar: Summer 2010

My sympathies to Roy Scheider. Unfortunately he'll be off planet investigating what happened to the U.S.S. Discovery and will not be around to purchase his copy of Codex Dark Eldar. :(

5th Edition Warhammer 40,000 Rulebook: Spring 2011
Codex Space Marines: Fall 2011
Codex Tau: Spring 2012
Codex Black Templars: Fall to Winter 2012
Codex Chaos (now with Daemons back in same book): Summer 2013, along with Summer Campaign, new Black Crusade
Codex Blood Angels: Spring 2014
Codex Tyranids: Winter 2014
Codex Inquisition Ordos: Summer 2015
Codex Tau: Winter 2015
Codex Dark Angels: Spring 2016
Codex Imperial Guard: Beginning 2017
Codex Eldar: Fall 2017
Codex Chaos Renegades (only Renegades book): Summer 2018
Codex Space Wolves & 13th Company: Winter 2018
Codex Chaos Traitor Legions (original Traitor Legions): Spring 2019
Codex Dark Eldar: Beginning 2020
Codex Adeptus Mechanicus: Fall 2020
Codex Orks: Summer 2021
Codex Ultramarines (GW really really tries to reinforce that Ultras are NOT vanilla by giving them their own special Codex): Winter 2021
Codex Umbra: New Xenos race!!!! Summer 2022
Mini-Codex Lost and the Damned in White Dwarf: Winter 2022
6th Edition Warhammer 40,000 Rulebook: Summer 2023
Codex Space Marines: Winter 2023
Codex Tau: Summer 2024
Codex Chaos (everything is one book this time, except LatD): Spring 2025
Codex Tyranid: Winter 2025
Codex Angels of Death (Blood Angles, Dark Angels, etc): Spring 2026
Codex Umbra (studio feels their initial launch didn't define their role in both the setting and playstyle so re-do was fast tracked): Late Summer 2026
Codex Inquisition Ordos: Spring 2027
Codex Eldar & Dark Eldar (all Eldar in one book! Including Exodites now! However, rules that looked okay when Inquisition Ordos came out now seem broken to the eyes of forum whiners now that they see the new Eldar 'dex): Winter 2027
Codex Orks: Summer 2028
Codex Templars (Black Templars, White Templars, Lavender Templars, etc): Winter 2028
Codex Tau: Late Summer 2029
Codex Wolves of Battle (Space Wolves, 13th Company, other successors): Spring 2030
Codex Demiurg: Winter 2030....long time Squat fans rejoice! Your wait is over!

Okay, okay....the above was written with the intent of poking a little fun at GW ....but man, I hope by some weird twist of fate that my joke schedule doesn't become reality. :eek:

vice
07-09-2007, 10:04
I hope FW do AdMech, they could make them a lot cooler than GW ever will...