PDA

View Full Version : Quick guestion about the vermintide

Oberon
07-09-2007, 11:34
So, lets say the spell is cast, then what? How do you measure the range? Do you put the template down and measure from the forward point of it, or do you measure from the base of the grey seer, or from the hole in the template or what? With range of 4d6" and a large template, this can mean quite a lot. Last game we played so that we measured from the base of the seer, which greatly reduced the already random range, I hit only my own units until I charged with the bell+unit with it :D

"Place the large round template in base contact with the grey seer to represent the huge mass of rats summoned by the spell. Then move the template in straight line 4d6" away from the grey seer."

Atrahasis
07-09-2007, 11:38
It doesn't make any difference where you measure from, as long as you measure to the same place on the template before and after moving.

Place the template, then measure 4D6" from any point on the template (the centre is probably easiest) and then place the same point of the template at the measured point.

Crube
07-09-2007, 11:40
You measure in the same way as you would for moving a normal model. It doesnt matter from where you measure, only that you measure to the same point (if you get my meaning.

i.e. if you measure form the centre of the template, then your template shouold end up wth the centre of the template the required distance away, likewise, if you measure from the grey seer's base, then you are effectively measuring from the back of the template, and so the back of the template should end up the required distance away.

Hope that makes sense. i'm sue someone will come along with a clearer explanation...;)

EDIT - beaten to it, and that is a better explanation...

Oberon
07-09-2007, 11:40
if you measure from the grey seer's base, then you are effectively measuring from the back of the template Indeed. My way of measuring (the farthest edge of the template at the point 4d6" away from the base) was the worst possible :D

Crube
07-09-2007, 11:41
Should all be the same. If the front of the template is 4D6" away from its starting point, then so is the back...

Oberon
07-09-2007, 11:58
Either I┤m not expressing myself correctly (not my own language), or something. Anyway, thanks for clarifying this spell for me.

Once more just for the fun of it: I used it like so: roll the 4d6, place the _front_ of the template that far away from the base of the seer. Basicly the template never came into play, as the 4d6" roll showed already what was hit. Next time, I┤ll first put down the template and then roll the range (from the front), so it actually might hit something.

Crube
07-09-2007, 12:35
Yep, you place the template in base contact with the grey seer, then roll for distance...

Urgat
07-09-2007, 16:00
Once more just for the fun of it: I used it like so: roll the 4d6, place the _front_ of the template that far away from the base of the seer. Basicly the template never came into play, as the 4d6" roll showed already what was hit.

Well, that way, you lost the entire size of the template (you did like measuring from the back then the front -> you cut about 5" from the spell range).

Oberon
07-09-2007, 16:48
Indeed, thatĘs why it felt stupid and made me to ask here. We were a bit on the urgent side of gameplay then, and focused too much in that "Then move the template in straight line 4d6" away from the grey seer." part. :P Not next time, if I even get vermintide. Maybe I┤ll be lucky and get plaque instead...