PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Khorne, your opinions please

Blood God
08-09-2007, 07:21
Hi,
This is my Chaos Khorne list which is nearly all painted so I dont know if it is any competitive or not.
Please place your opinions/advice on what to add/subtract.

PS: i have no idea points wise (my book is in my bedroom and i cant be bothered to count it all up , lol)

Chaos Lord - Mok

Exalted champion - Mok

Core -

5 x knights - Mok, Chosen

5 x Knights - Mok

12 x warriors - Regiment of Khorne

16 x marauders - flails

5 x hounds

5 x hounds

Beast herd

Rare -

Blood beast of Khorne

Chariot

Special

Khornegors

Neknoh
08-09-2007, 08:43
Wait, what, how is the list organised?

What kind of Chariot is it in your Rare choice?

And Beastherds are Special Choices in mortal armies.

Do you have any Command upgrades? And what does your Lord and exalted wield? we need a bit more information than a tally up of the models you own

Blood God
08-09-2007, 09:48
Sorry . . . .
The chariot is a chaos chariot with 2 crew.
Command upgrades - hellfire sword, armour of tortured souls (for both lord and champion)

logan054
08-09-2007, 10:30
Heres what i would do :)

Chaos Lord - Mok
- Lords i find really over priced and no better than exalted so i would take a exalted here and give him barded steed, sword of might and gaze of the gods and then stick him with the normal knights

Exalted champion - Mok
- this guy i would either give a halberd or great weapon and armour of damnation and stick him with the marauders.

Core -

- I would add a extra guy here

5 x Knights - Mok

- what i would do here is have two units of 15, one with halberds and one with HW+SH with warbanner.

16 x marauders - flails
- i would make these larger, 24 + a exalted champion, perhaps HW+SH would be better, if you want constant strength then great weapons are cool.

5 x hounds
5 x hounds
- both fine

Chariot

- If its marked its going to be a risk and i would go with a unit of minotaurs (but i think everyone should use minotaurs just cos they are cool :) )

Special

Khornegors
- I personally dont like them, i think if you want this kind of unit you may as well use warriors who are core and have better stats and will be costing around the same points. The other option is you could take bloodletters, the are a risk but certainly fit the theme of any khorne army.

Beast herd
- well always good to have

Add some furies in, they are one of our best units and allow us to actually stop the bombardment of cannons and mortars

Rare -

Blood beast of Khorne
- i love these, get another one!!

A few others things to consider for your army, marauder horsmen with flails, nice flanker, great at killing warmachines and good for support you knights with a flank charge, they are pretty cheap. Apart for that and perhaps more marauders your pretty set, taking lords is always nice in large battles but as i said they tend not to earn points back, i think the only real reason to use them is for a dragon or that you have points to burn.

Anyways hopes this helps some what

Holy Crap! Manticores!
08-09-2007, 10:36
Hi,

Chaos Lord - Mok

Exalted champion - Mok

Core -

5 x Knights - Mok

16 x marauders - flails

5 x hounds

5 x hounds

Beast herd

Rare -

Blood beast of Khorne

Chariot

Special

KhornegorsFor the most part, it's not bad. The only thing I would add would be a Wargor (MoK, of course) to lead either the Khorngor (preferred) or Beastherd.

Other options include the following:

Minotaurs of Khorne w/ GW
Flesh Hounds

Minotaurs would add the DD (mark of Khorne) and with GW hit very hard. They have pretty good speed to boot. If you really want speed, go with the Flesh Hounds. They're even faster, and the combination of Fact Cav + Daemonic is one worth exploring for tactics.

Also, we need more info on the Beastherds and the Khorngor... how many, command models, etc.

Neknoh
08-09-2007, 15:20
Sorry . . . .
The chariot is a chaos chariot with 2 crew.
Command upgrades - hellfire sword, armour of tortured souls (for both lord and champion)

Hrmm... in which case the Chariot would be a Core choice.

Do also note that unless the Lord has the Hellfire Sword and the Exalted have the Armour, it is illegal to field both of those items even on a Lord due to the points limit.

Do you face a lot of monsters? If not, there are often better weapons out there than the Hellfire Sword to put on a Lord, and, unless the Lord is important to you due to feel, theme or just having a big oomphing megakilly fighter, I'd say drop him and get a second Exalted (or a Beastlord with MoK and the Daemonsword, he'd go nicely with the Beast elements and hit like a ton of bricks armed with sledgehammers)

theunwantedbeing
08-09-2007, 15:28
Right blood god.
Equiptment for them?Or shall we just assume your fielding them naked in which case...pretty aweful list.

That chariot appears to be in completely the wrong place,there are no rare chariots for chaos.
Both types of chariots have 2 crew.....

You putting your lord with the chosen and the champion with the other knights right?
Do it the other way around,or drop the chosen,you dont need it.

Command and halberds for both warrior units.
The marauders need some command and to be bigger,more like 25 really.