PDA

View Full Version : flying flee

Dead Man Walking
08-09-2007, 08:45
Okay if a flying model looses combat and has to flee are they destroyed if there is an enemy that is at least unit str 5 in the path of thier flee or can they fly over the enemy and land at the distance they rolled or are they destroyed?

Urgat
08-09-2007, 09:53
Allow me to hijack the thread and add this:
what about terrain ignoring units such as spider riders? Do they die when they go through, say, a building while fleeing?

T10
08-09-2007, 10:35
Okay if a flying model looses combat and has to flee are they destroyed if there is an enemy that is at least unit str 5 in the path of thier flee or can they fly over the enemy and land at the distance they rolled or are they destroyed?

p.68: "Flyers cab flee over interposing terrain and units, but if their move ends inside impassable terrain (including woods) or non-fleeing enemies, they are destroyed as normal."

logan054
08-09-2007, 10:38
A flyer than flees may move over enemy troops and what not they are destroyed if they finish their flee move on enemy troops (and woods and such and such). This really bugs me cos my flyers are daemons so i never get to use the rule :( I would have thought spider riders ignoring terrain would go over it but i sadly dont own the new orc book im just guessing. Im not sure what the spider rule is for impassible terrain is.

T10
08-09-2007, 10:38
Allow me to hijack the thread and add this:
what about terrain ignoring units such as spider riders? Do they die when they go through, say, a building while fleeing?

Spider riders do not have the ability to pass through impassable terrain. They merely ignore the movement penalty for difficult or very difficult terrain and obstacles.

They do not have the ability to move through impassable terrain, and since they are cavalry they treat buildings as impassable terrain.

-T10

Urgat
08-09-2007, 10:52
mmmh... damn, you're right. Well, I finally have an occasion to remind my friend that he has forgotten the -1 to hit for repeating shots for years when I'll tell him that my spiders are actually not able to go across buildings (pfff, yethees can do that, but not spiders? Lame).
What about squig hoppers? They're not cavalry, so what happens if they land on a building?

Atrahasis
08-09-2007, 12:47
and since they are cavalry they treat buildings as impassable terrain.If they're fleeing then cavalry or not the building is impassable.

What about squig hoppers? They're not cavalry, so what happens if they land on a building?They're infantry, so they'd occupy the building. If fleeing, they'd be destroyed, as all fleeing units treat buildings as impassable.

Urgat
08-09-2007, 13:31
The final one: yetees? Provided the fleeing movement makes then go across an impassable terrain, but they make it to open terrain, are they allowed to do so, or do they die like anybody else to the terrain (they normaly ignore impassable terrains provided they don't end on it)?

Wings of Doom
09-09-2007, 17:11
If they don't end on the impassable terrain then I assume that yes, they escape.

logan054
09-09-2007, 17:52
yes they can flee then