PDA

View Full Version : God-Incarnate

Giladis
29-08-2005, 07:03
Last night I was flicking through an old WD(259) and came over an article I missed before. It is called Servants of the God-Incarnate.

It talks about the Thorian -I- and their search for the Avatar of the emperor. There is also something interesting in the text that I didn't know before.

Eldar are trieing to create a new god to fight chaos.

An avatar of Gork and Mork.

So my questions are:

1) Does anyone knows anything else than it is written in that article about eldarcreating a new god.

2) Could Gazghkull be an avatar of Gork and Mork.

Cheers.

Sikkukkut
29-08-2005, 07:20
1) There's a scene in the CW Eldar Codex in which Eldrad is meditating in the heart of Ulthwe and can hear the heartbeat of the slowly-gestating Ynnead, the Eldar God of the Dead. Sounds like that's what the article referred to.

2) I suppose you could say so. In second edition one of his titles was "Prophet of the Waaagh!" which implies a quasi-religious role, I suppose. The idea that he's an avatar doesn't grab me, but that, to coin a phrase, is just me.

Mikko
29-08-2005, 09:47
Ghazgkull isn't an avatar, as much as a prophet or fanatic preacher... only he tends to do the preaching by somewhat harsh body language. Not Gork and Mork incarnate, but an individual inspired. Or, in his own words (anything to quote this glorious bit of fluff):

I'm da hand of Gork and Mork, dey sent me to rouse up da boyz to crush and kill 'cos da boyz forgot what dere 'ere for. I woz one of da boyz till da godz smashed me in da 'head an' I 'membered dat Orks is meant to conquer and make slaves of everyfing they don't kill.

I'm da profit of da Waaagh an' whole worlds burn in my boot prints. On Armour-Geddem I led da boyz through da fire deserts and smashed da humies' metal cities to scrap. I fought Yarik, old one-eye at Tartarus, an' he fought good but we smashed iz city too.

I'm death to anyfing that walks or crawls, where I go nothin' stands in my way. We crushed da stunties on Golgotha, an' we caught old one-eye when da speed freeks blew da humies' big tanks ta bits. I let 'im go 'cause good enemies iz 'ard to find, an' Orks need good enemies ta fight like they need meat to eat an' grog ta drink.

I iz more cunning than a Grot an' more killy dan a dread, da boyz dat follow me can't be beat. On Pissenah we jumped da marine-boyz an' our bosspoles was covered in da helmets we took from da dead 'uns. We burned dere port an' killed dere bosses an' left nothin' but ruins behind.

I'm Warlord Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka an' I speak wiv da word of da gods. We iz gonna stomp da 'ooniverse flat an' kill anyfing that fights back. We iz gonna do this coz' we're Orks an' we was made to fight an' win!

Wiseman
29-08-2005, 10:46
i wouldnt say that he is an avatar more a prophet, if he was an avatar he would be much more powerful then he is,

Flame Boy
29-08-2005, 10:54
I would think Gargants are more likely candidates for vesssels of Gork and Mork, if you put any faith in the Ork Waaagh phenomenon.

Wiseman
29-08-2005, 11:12
yeh but ana avatar has to be a living creature

malika
29-08-2005, 11:48
I dont think that Avatar of Khaine is a living creature

Wiseman
29-08-2005, 11:59
no but thats a different sort of avatar now isnt it, the Avatar of the emperor is a creature that is strong enough to hold the emperors spirit, like a daemon host, but hosting the emperor of mankind, not a greater daemon. The Avatar of Khaine is a fragment of Khaine, not a host of him.