PDA

View Full Version : Which of these 2 lists would you choose?

gorenut
29-08-2005, 07:50
Army of Sylvania, 2200 pts.

List 1

Lord: Wolflord, Aura of Dark Majesty, Ring of night, Book or Arkhan, Earthbind. Additional hand weapon. Lvl 3 - Joins Levy

Thrall: Flayed Hauberk, Wolf form, Great weapon. - Goes where needed

Wight Lord: Gem of Blood, Sword of Kings, HA+Sh. - Guards

Levy x 21

4 squads of Dire Wolves x 5 (1 scouting squad)

Fellbats x 3

Drakenhof Guard x 16: Banner of Barrows, Full Command, Great weapons.

Spirit Hosts x 3

2 Black Coaches

Drakenhof Templars x 5: Full Command, Barded, either Warbanner or Banner of Dead Legion

==================================================

List 2

Count: Lvl 2 Ring of Night, Wolf Lord, Eartbind, Summon Wolves, Book of Arkhan, additional hand weapon. - Joins Levy

Thrall: Heavy armor, Barded Nightmare, Summon Wolves, Earthbind, Talisman of protection, Lance, shield - Joins Knights

Thrall: Heavy armor, Enchanted shield, Summon Wolves, Earthbind - Joins Guards

Thrall: Heavy armor, Summon Wolves, Wolf form, Great weapon - Goes as needed

4 squads of Direwolves x 5 (1 unit of scouting)

Levy x 18

Drakenhof Guard x 16: Full Command, Banner of Barrows

Black Coach x 2

Spirit Host x 3

Drakenhof Templar x 5: Full Command, Barded, Drakenhof Banner

There they are, also any advice to fine tune either is much appreciated. Remember, I'm trying to steer away from the generic undead hoard army. I play against opponents who have mild magics and no artillary. thanks.

Alco Engineer
29-08-2005, 23:29
I must say I prefer the second list. the extra thrall would be very uselful and I would prefer lots of thrall (rather than wight lords) in the army as it would better represent the army's character IMHO. you might've lost the fell bats and a couple of the levy but I would rather the second list by a fair amount. I notice that you still want to take the 2 black Coaches. I'm sure they'll be handy but you'll have to avoid the St7 attacks or you'll be in BIG trouble. I think the thrall are more charcaterful if you have the 2 coaches too.

shadowprince
29-08-2005, 23:35
The problem with a Sylvanian list is magic and with the secnd list you have 4 power dice and 2 dispel dice therefore making it an elite fighting army which you pretty much have. I would like the first list a bit more becuase of the castingnpower, if you took maby a few more block of zombies.

gorenut
30-08-2005, 02:39
The problem with a Sylvanian list is magic and with the secnd list you have 4 power dice and 2 dispel dice therefore making it an elite fighting army which you pretty much have. I would like the first list a bit more becuase of the castingnpower, if you took maby a few more block of zombies.

yea, which is why in an AoS list, I generally like taking Lords since you can't take necros, that extra level really helps. Perhaps I can do a combination of the 2 lists.. basically use the lord, but replace Wight Lord with another Thrall, everyone decked out with Summon Wolves, Drakenhof Banner. Hmm... back to the drawing board.. and if anyone else has further advice, feel free!

Alco Engineer
30-08-2005, 02:47
Yeah, take thralls. The Lord is a good idea in that particular army as the casting power would be pretty handy. My main drawing card to the second list was the thralls over the wights. Put the two together and I'll definately approve.

gorenut
30-08-2005, 06:47
Ok, this is the mix of the two..

Lord: Wolflord, Summon Wolves, Earthbind, Ring of night, book or arkahn, 2 hand weapons, lvl 3. - Joins Levy

Thrall: Barded steed, Lance, H. armor, Summon Wolves, Enchanted shield, Talisman of protection. - Joins Knights

Thrall: Wolf form, Summon Wolves, Earthbind, Heavy armor, Great weapon. - Goes where needed

Drakenhof Guard x 17: Full Command, Banner of Barrows

4 Squads of Dire Wolves x 5: 1 squad with scouting

Spirit Host x 3

Levy x 21

Black Coach x 2

Drakenhof Templars x 5: Full Command, Drakenhof Banner

I'm still contemplating on which banner is better suit for which squad. Also, the wolf thrall seems a bit fragile.. Should I redo his stuff and put him in the Drakenhof Guards (mainly getting rid of Wolf Form)?

Again.. thanks for all the replies so far.

gorenut
01-09-2005, 06:47
It really seems like not too many people have experience with AoS.

Jedi152
01-09-2005, 07:42
Haven't got any experience with AoS, but i'm never a fan of a vampire lord in less than 3000pts games.

A count is still stronger and quicker than most characters, and doesn't take up a lord and a hero slot!

gorenut
01-09-2005, 15:32
Haven't got any experience with AoS, but i'm never a fan of a vampire lord in less than 3000pts games.

A count is still stronger and quicker than most characters, and doesn't take up a lord and a hero slot!

Well, I have explained in earlier threads that I normally don't take Lords either in 2k games (unless I'm going with a theme). However, I think they are very viable in Army of Sylvania, simply because they don't have access to necros. So the only way to boost their magic capabilities is taking a Lord. Besides, most people don't take more than 2 fighty heroes anyways in a VC list.

gorenut
02-09-2005, 01:01
Oh yea.. another question is.. what do you guys think about the Wolf Form thrall? Should I just forego it completely? He seems rather vulernable. Instead of giving him wolf form, should I just arm him with flayed hauberk and put him in the Gaurd squad?