PDA

View Full Version : Necrons+adeptus mechanicus would this work?

Witchfire
08-09-2007, 22:12
do you think some rnegade adeptus mechanicus void dragon worshippers would join up with necron forces for apocalypse scale warfare?

i want to feild adeptus mechanicus tanks alongside my necrons for apocalypse

would this be ok fluff-wise

p.s- my necron force is from mars anyway

LordXaras
08-09-2007, 22:13
I think this would be a very cool team-up to witness.

If the AdMech are indeed disciples of the Dragon, I see no issues with them grouping with another C'tan worshiping force.

Witchfire
08-09-2007, 22:17
i'm thinking about adding necron parts to my adeptus mechanicus tanks, maybe a hull mounted gauss cannon ( i'd use the actual imperial rules though, and probably make the necrontyr parts removeable for non necron play)

i painted my lord on foot's robes techpreist red and all!

Hive Mind 33
08-09-2007, 22:38
adeptus mechanicus hate the Crons.

Witchfire
08-09-2007, 22:43

then how come the fluff says that the adeptus mechanicus has void dragon worshippers among its ranks?

cpl_hicks
08-09-2007, 22:44
in the Caves of Ice novel the like the nevrons, the admech guys go down to the necron tomb love all the technology and then all get killed.

LordXaras
08-09-2007, 23:00
The 40k universe is not all black and white. All organisations have factions, including the Adeptus Mechanicus. I am certain that there are many AdMech who absolutely loathe the concept of the Necrons, but I also know that there are a lot of Tech-Adepts who near-worship them.

Crazy Tom
09-09-2007, 01:21
Yes, it would work. If I paid GW enough money I could have Ultramarines and Emperor's Children battling side by side, swearing Oaths to defend each other. /cynicism.

azimaith
09-09-2007, 01:54
For some Ad-Mech the necrons are a horrific heretical abomination that twists the machine spirit into something vile.

For alot its a perfect personification of machine and spirit. After all, ad-mech often give up so much of their humanity to become closer to their omnissiah that being a necron might seem to be the next logical step. Indeed its shown that some believe the Void Dragon is the incarnation of the Omnissiah.

You have to remember ad-mech are willingly lopping off limbs for bionic bits and plugging electronics into the brains as a sign of devotion to the Ominssiah (by extension, the Emperor) imagine how tempting it would be to abandon their frail human shell that still clings sickly to their bionics to become a being of pure technology.

Born Again
09-09-2007, 07:33
Everything Azimaith says here is true. Try this for some fluff:

Let's say a high-ranking techpriest becomes corrupt, and creates his own faction withing the AdMech, worshipping the void dragon. Only, his followers don't know they're worshipping an aeons old life form that lives on the life force of mortals. Admech go in for bionics anyway, so by slowly increasing the rate of cybernetics in his followers, the cult leader slowly turns the humans into entirely robotic cyborgs (oxymoron I know, just making the point) made of Necron living metal. For all intents and purposes, Necrons.

Acolyte of Bli'l'ab
09-09-2007, 07:45
Yup, azimaith is correct. I say go for it. It should make a really cool and unique themed army :D

Khaine's Messenger
09-09-2007, 08:02
do you think some rnegade adeptus mechanicus void dragon worshippers would join up with necron forces for apocalypse scale warfare?

That is complicated to answer, and depends mainly on how the two factions linked up and communicated their intentions to one another. But once you "fix" the language barrier, you can really do anything you want...and it's not that serious of a barrier, really. Between Lords (and C'tan) masquerading as whoever they like, alongside general reverence, you can accomplish quite a lot.

ctsteel
09-09-2007, 09:01
i could also see the Deceiver being involved in a cult of this nature - he's already out and active in the galaxy, manipulating events to suit his whims. He (I think?) is behind the experimentation into creating the Pariahs also, so would make good sense to have a cult spring up from the mechanicus, with all your servitors, tech-magi etc, with a magos biologos allied with necrons who happen to have large number of pariahs in their force, reflecting the experiments.

freelancer
09-09-2007, 09:09
Well from what ive read the void dragon is apparently the "god of machines" or something like that and with the hole machine sprit thing could be an extenshion of the void dragon so maby he could (or a dragon lord) coudl take over imperial machines (maby even with skitrii (sp) becaus of the mechanical parts in their minds) so fluff wise quite plause able

freelancer

Gorbad Ironclaw
09-09-2007, 09:31
then how come the fluff says that the adeptus mechanicus has void dragon worshippers among its ranks?

Because GW have a hard-on for C'tans for some reason and insist in perverting the fluff with them every chance they get?

LordXaras
09-09-2007, 12:55
Everything Azimaith says here is true. Try this for some fluff:

Let's say a high-ranking techpriest becomes corrupt, and creates his own faction withing the AdMech, worshipping the void dragon. Only, his followers don't know they're worshipping an aeons old life form that lives on the life force of mortals. Admech go in for bionics anyway, so by slowly increasing the rate of cybernetics in his followers, the cult leader slowly turns the humans into entirely robotic cyborgs (oxymoron I know, just making the point) made of Necron living metal. For all intents and purposes, Necrons.Working Necrodermis is legendary technology within the imperium. That all Tech-adepts and Magi who have studied Necron Living Metal have failed to recognize it indicates that the knowledge on how to shape it is lost or very rare. The only Imperial technology demonstrated to work with Necrontyr artefacts is 1) The C'tan Phase Blades of the Callidus temple. I doubt those girls are willing to share, and 2) The Key that the Deceiver built for the Adeptus Mechanicus on Naogeddon. Again, not available to the rank-and file adeptus mechanicus.

Where am I getting with this? While it's possible that a corrupt Magos would try to turn his servants into full machines, he would not have the knowledge or resources to carry out this conversion with living metal components.

Lord Malek The Red Knight
10-09-2007, 12:30
there were some rules released for using renegade Tech Priests (like Engineseers, but with access to Gauss weapons, IIRC) in Necron armies in a campaign... maybe someone has a link?

~ Tim

setekhite
10-09-2007, 18:57
The Medusa V campaign at Warhammer World had those rules - they're in the campaign pack on GW UK's website.

They're pretty pointless from a capability perspective, unless you are dying to have multi-meltas for more AP2 shooting, but a cool idea/unit nonetheless. If nothing else, it does set a precedent for AM renegades working within Necron forces.